View Poll Results: Should Trion have rp tagged servers?

Voters
309. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would love to have rp tagged servers

213 68.93%
  • I don't really care

67 21.68%
  • I don't want rp tagged servers

29 9.39%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: RP tagged server poll, and facts and fiction/true or false

Quote Originally Posted by Maquiame View Post
    Jbeley can you make sure that the sites know that the vote will be done here, by the way it looks the RPArcheAge site looks like they want to make the decision themselves. I don't think that should be the case. I also notice nobody mentioning that the vote should take place here on that site at all. Nothing at all against the two that run that site, but they are both guild leaders which means that their decision is also about how their guilds feel. And there are three sites, the vote should be done here period.
    Dont worry, ive mentioned it to folk. Think folk are just worried about other sites deciding for them and having no input, or out right going somewhere else just to be different. But i know folk will accept what an official poll on here would choose. It makes much more sense for all the sites to head to what ever server is decided on the official forums, regardless of politics going on. Once we are all on the one server the sites can do what they want. Long as the little folk make sure to keep the lines of communication open
    NA/EU Roleplayers
    Join the ArcheAge Roleplay Community

"No one's left. Everything's gone. Kharak is burning..." Homeworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Maquiame View Post
    Wanderer since unfortunately we still will might have to pick an unofficial serfer what is your opinion on having everyone vote for that server here? I know you run a rp site yourself but I think since there are three, the vote should be done here instead of sites choosing on their own since everyone doesn't use sites. At least on the official forums the word would get out much faster. And honestly this should be a community decision at a whole, not a one site decision.
    If it does end up that Trion doesn't heed the results of this poll or the popular desires of the player base, I do think a vote here would be best. The only kink I can really see in holding a poll here is the participation of trolls and the like in the final results. Still, it's the best way to ensure that all three (or more?) of the RP community hubs are sorta on the same page.

I'm still holding out hope that Trion will hear us out though. The only real concern I can see on their part is that an RP server might not sustain the population they would want in order to make running it worth the cost to the company. My counter-point to that would be that RPers are likely going to be one of the biggest-spending demographics in this game (especially if they're going to be selling personal crest inks in the cash shop). Also, given the early interest and the emergence of three RP communities right off the bat, each with pretty sizable memberships, I think we could see enough RPers to number in the thousands. We already have hundreds of RPers in Alpha between Greymoon and Ishvara Kai alone (they're the only RP guilds I have some idea of the numbers for--150+ and 80+ respectively), and the alpha population as a whole is only a fraction of what we'll see come launch.

I'm hoping we can change their minds before launch.
    ArcheAge-Roleplay.net

Wᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇʀ ᴏɴ Wʏɴɴ
    Formerly Wanderer on Tahyang
    Lore nerd since CBT3 KR

Voted in favor of a Role-play tagged shard. Where may i throw my money to make this happen?
    Hold on, i need my first.
    ArcheAge Crafting Career:[10/5/14] - Update 001
    ıllıllı neoyoѕнι'ѕ arт ιмagιnarιυм ıllıllı

Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
    If it does end up that Trion doesn't heed the results of this poll or the popular desires of the player base, I do think a vote here would be best. The only kink I can really see in holding a poll here is the participation of trolls and the like in the final results. Still, it's the best way to ensure that all three (or more?) of the RP community hubs are sorta on the same page.

I'm still holding out hope that Trion will hear us out though. The only real concern I can see on their part is that an RP server might not sustain the population they would want in order to make running it worth the cost to the company. My counter-point to that would be that RPers are likely going to be one of the biggest-spending demographics in this game (especially if they're going to be selling personal crest inks in the cash shop). Also, given the early interest and the emergence of three RP communities right off the bat, each with pretty sizable memberships, I think we could see enough RPers to number in the thousands. We already have hundreds of RPers in Alpha between Greymoon and Ishvara Kai alone (they're the only RP guilds I have some idea of the numbers for--150+ and 80+ respectively), and the alpha population as a whole is only a fraction of what we'll see come launch.

I'm hoping we can change their minds before launch.

Great to hear. Ishava Kai? Never heard of them, sounds interesting with that name.
    House Assante a member of the Kingdom of Arisea

"Words, Weapons, War"

Quote Originally Posted by Jibeley View Post
    Dont worry, ive mentioned it to folk. Think folk are just worried about other sites deciding for them and having no input, or out right going somewhere else just to be different. But i know folk will accept what an official poll on here would choose. It makes much more sense for all the sites to head to what ever server is decided on the official forums, regardless of politics going on. Once we are all on the one server the sites can do what they want. Long as the little folk make sure to keep the lines of communication open
    Glad to hear it

"Words, Weapons, War"

One thing to remember everyone is that this poll is even more important in the upcoming months as it is now. Remember that many of our friends who rp are going to be playing Wildstar or are still playing TESO or FFXIV:ARR,. Now granted I know many of our PVE only bretheren are staying in these games, but also be aware that I am sure a good amount of them will be finding out about this game more as the game comes closer to launch, so please keep sending them here so they can put down their vote.

You never know what can happen last minute!

And anyone who prefers to play on rp servers but doesn't necessarily rp please list up your vote, we love you guys who love to hang with us as spectators so feel free to join us where ever we end up!

"Words, Weapons, War"

I may roll a character on whichever server you guys end up on, i'm more of a tabletop roleplayer really(prepping a Numenera game as i type this out) but i dont mind rp servers in mmorpg's. Being abit of a lorehound i find roleplayers have a habit of helping with immersion whilst out exploring the world, well the good ones who dont just mooch around the towns and main quest hubs writing out bad fiction that's more self absorbed than tied into the actual goings on of the world around them

Also if i remember correctly it was the roleplay community who helped convince Square Enix to supply us with the naming etymologies for the races in FF14 which helped me come up with the perfect name for my Mi'qote which is something im hoping we eventually get for this game if only so i can make sure i get a accurate firren name for my main

I do whole heatedly support a designated RP server - it helps concentrate our community (like Faeblight) and gives a server that helps reduce peoples self-consciousness about it. We get trolled, a lot, and yea no fault on them. We make very trollable targets when we're running around pretending to slay dragons and all that jazz we do on the side.

Glad to see over one hundred votes!

"Words, Weapons, War"

I feel there should at least be 1, Role Play tagged server. Even if it were located in the N.A. region (I'm E.U.) to allow those who share this past-time can indulge in it without being spread out amongst 4-5 different regions.

One of the biggest problems in other games of similar genre is that they split up the role players amongst several different regions or servers. Causing huge divides in the prevailing role play population. Only then does lack of role play / population become an issue from what I've experience playing across these games. Either they create too many RP servers, or they create none. Both are equally bad. There don't have to be many RP servers, but they should be available to people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast