View Poll Results: Should Trion have rp tagged servers?

Voters
309. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would love to have rp tagged servers

213 68.93%
  • I don't really care

67 21.68%
  • I don't want rp tagged servers

29 9.39%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: RP tagged server poll, and facts and fiction/true or false

I really don't think RP or even PvE servers for that matter will work with this game.

This game is not your run of the mill theme park PvE parade. While there IS PvE, it's almost like an afterthought compared to the other systems in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    I really don't think RP or even PvE servers for that matter will work with this game.

This game is not your run of the mill theme park PvE parade. While there IS PvE, it's almost like an afterthought compared to the other systems in the game.
    Nobody here is looking for PVE server anything

I myself am an avid RP-PVPer as are many that will be playing this. Most of our PVE buddies are playing Wildstar or other PVE oriented mmos. I'm also big into playing as a PKKer/Anti-griefer/Anti-Pker

Personally I'd rather pour acid down my throat than play another mmo that doesn't have some sort of OWPVP. I just can't do it anymore.
    House Assante a member of the Kingdom of Arisea

"Words, Weapons, War"

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post

PvE servers will certainly not work in this game, with that I agree. However I don't see how that has anything to do with role playing. Afterall the most simple things, like being able to sit on chairs, to being able to light candles and turn on and off lights are the things role players look for in games. It's that "immersion" factor, and where there is immersion there is great potential for role play. ArcheAge is over abundant in these things, and really they serve no purpose but for looks and for role play. Having PvP and everything else that's in ArcheAge that isn't in typical theme parks will just make it that much better for role playing.
    Suomynona, on 08 Feb 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:
    Danger and inconvenience are powerful motivators in getting people to work together, to reach out and meet new people, and to actually play an MMO as if there is a desire to acknowledge the "massively" and "multiplayer" aspect of the acronym.... Removing either (or both) from a game that features any type of open world pvp is a mistake, at least in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrodeus View Post
    PvE servers will certainly not work in this game, with that I agree. However I don't see how that has anything to do with role playing. Afterall the most simple things, like being able to sit on chairs, to being able to light candles and turn on and off lights are the things role players look for in games. It's that "immersion" factor, and where there is immersion there is great potential for role play. ArcheAge is over abundant in these things, and really they serve no purpose but for looks and for role play. Having PvP and everything else that's in ArcheAge that isn't in typical theme parks will just make it that much better for role playing.
    Agreed, to other players it's a neat catch, or some don't even pay attention to stuff like that, but to RPers it makes all to he difference in the world.
    http://rparcheage.enjin.com/home

*insert inspirational quote or RP characters line here*

I have to say that I am a little disgusted by this decision to not have an RP tag on a server. It just tells me that Trion really doesn't care about us. Yes, I know that is often used as an attack against devs, but in my opinion if you can't be bothered to tag a single server with two extra letters with nothing else special then that's what it says to me. Hell, I would be happy if they did it like lotro and called it "RP-Preferred". Which always seemed like a passive-aggressive way of tagging a server (lol), but if it gets the server labeled as such, then I am all for it.

I have to admit, with Wildstar coming out in a few days, and EQN on the horizon, I can't find it in myself to feel excited for this game at all, its a fun game to be sure, but getting a nose-snubbing on something as simple as a server tag doesn't make me want to shell out more money. Even Wildstar is getting RP servers and SOE games ALWAYS have RP servers... So I will like end up going where I am openly welcome.

Consider that 150$ a charity donation, because that will be the last you get from me.

It's aggitating, I'll give you that. But the game itself is just so much more different and open to possibilities that I can't see myself jumping to another game anytime soon. Don't get to annoyed, I'm sure everyone on the RP forums will all stick together and most will all wind up on the same server.
    Suomynona, on 08 Feb 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:
    Danger and inconvenience are powerful motivators in getting people to work together, to reach out and meet new people, and to actually play an MMO as if there is a desire to acknowledge the "massively" and "multiplayer" aspect of the acronym.... Removing either (or both) from a game that features any type of open world pvp is a mistake, at least in my opinion.

Hopefully we all can stay together, fragmented RP community's often ruin it. Along with having an unofficial RP server we we plus be hatred see by non-RPers telling us to go play somewhere else, even though that would be the only serve we'd have.

This is why Unoffical RP servers annoy me.
    http://rparcheage.enjin.com/home

*insert inspirational quote or RP characters line here*

Quote Originally Posted by Elrodeus View Post
    It's aggitating, I'll give you that. But the game itself is just so much more different and open to possibilities that I can't see myself jumping to another game anytime soon. Don't get to annoyed, I'm sure everyone on the RP forums will all stick together and most will all wind up on the same server.
    This vote should not be done on the forums, it should be done here. Many people don't use forums and having the unofficial server vote would make more sense on a "neutral" forum like this one. Let the players decide and let the sites follow them. Not the other way around. Especially since there are also three sites. I know some may feel different to this but I am just saying consider it.

Elrodeus if you are open to this I ask can you please put it up to those on the others sites to get them to consider it. This is not a decision that should be on the shoulders of one site. Nor is it a decision to just take with a "let them do what they will and we will do what we will" mindset. In a normal themepark that kind of mindset affects nothing. In a guild vs guild player driven game like AA that kind of mindset will just split the community.

Voting should be done on a neutral forum period

Plus it lets those who want to avoid us do so by knowing exactly where we are going. We should also know where everyone else is going so we know where we should and should not go.
    House Assante a member of the Kingdom of Arisea

"Words, Weapons, War"

So we will have to claim our server ourselves?

Nice.

Once an server list comes out. I agree. A vote on an unofficial server should be done here. That way all the different rp sites dont argue among themselves, and split the community further. Keep politcs out of this descsion, and lets try and get "all" the rpers on one server as best as we can.
    Trion (scapes) if your watching this thread. If you wont give us an RP tag at launch, can you at least open the RP forum section you mentioned in another thread, so that we can post and sticky a thread in there with what ever the unofficial rp server ends up being ?
    NA/EU Roleplayers
    Join the ArcheAge Roleplay Community

"No one's left. Everything's gone. Kharak is burning..." Homeworld.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast