View Poll Results: Should Trion have rp tagged servers?

Voters
309. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would love to have rp tagged servers

213 68.93%
  • I don't really care

67 21.68%
  • I don't want rp tagged servers

29 9.39%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: RP tagged server poll, and facts and fiction/true or false

Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
    Mm, I'm hoping that Trion at least hosts some sort of official poll so the three RP sites have one collective base to go to and cast their opinions in with the rest of the community that may not be on any of the forums.

NCsoft did the same for Aion when it was released. While they refused to officially tag a server, they did hold a poll of their own asking which should be the unofficial RP server. Lumiel (later merged to New Israphel) then became the place to go for RP. Unfortunately, without that tag, and with the passage of time, new players to the game had no idea where to go for RP (and they didn't research it on their own), resulting in little niche groups of RP on ever server, many of which felt slightly isolated and frustrated when they learned that there was an RP community out there.
    If Trion did that they might as well tag a server, even if they aren't officially impacting the results.
    http://rparcheage.enjin.com/home

*insert inspirational quote or RP characters line here*

Sorry but this isn't going to happen...
    You still have the option of picking a server for your "rp community" though.
    [ Dahuta EU | Xdrac | <Navarchy> ]
    [ xdrac.com ]

Its good seeing so many votes, looking forward to seeing how many votes come in closer to launch, thanks everyone who voted!

While I did not read through 16 pages of comments, I definitely agree with the OP here. Having a server designated as RP benefits the RP community without causing any harm to any other players, so, personally, I don't understand why this is an issue. I hope Trion sees the potential the RP community has on this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    If Trion did that they might as well tag a server, even if they aren't officially impacting the results.
    I agree. =_=

I wish they'd just tag a server though. It's not like we'd demand a special ruleset. I think we just want to guarantee that RPers know where -all- the RP is when they first select their server, rather than assuming they'll look for information on out-of-game sources (such as rparcheage.enjin.com, archeageroleplay.com, archeageroleplayers.com, and this very forum).
    ArcheAge-Roleplay.net

Wᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇʀ ᴏɴ Wʏɴɴ
    Formerly Wanderer on Tahyang
    Lore nerd since CBT3 KR

As someone who has literally JUST learned that there is an actual RP community for this game, I feel like an RP tag will be necessary or at the very least helpful.

While avid roleplayers looking into this game may look into which server is the RP server, people who are only slightly interested in it will probably not, and the lack of an RP server will, to them, say "This game does not have roleplay, sorry."

If you don't tell people that there is roleplay, then they won't know unless they look into it themselves. And not everyone will do that.

Basically, without an RP tag it'll be harder to draw in new blood for the RP server, no matter which one we pick. No one not already in the loop will know which server is the RP server, which means they may not even realize there is one. And if they find out later that there is, but they've spent all their time on this server, leveling their character and grinding? They're either going to not switch to the RP server, or switch to the RP server and start from the ground up.

Thanks to all the newcomers and for your votes!

Why would anyone vote to not have RP servers? If it's not your thing don't roll on that server, lol. Makes no sense...

Honestly, I don't know why the developers didn't decide this game gets an RP server from the outset. Given how this game operates and how in-depth it is, it seems almost built for RPers. So why are we even having to vote for an RP server? And I reiterate the point that RPers spend a lot of money on these games, if for nothing else then the cosmetic stuff. We care about how our characters look, we care about making the effort to make our characters unique, so I'd say the developers will be doing the in-game store a favor by maybe catering to us a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
    I agree. =_=

I wish they'd just tag a server though. It's not like we'd demand a special ruleset. I think we just want to guarantee that RPers know where -all- the RP is when they first select their server, rather than assuming they'll look for information on out-of-game sources (such as rparcheage.enjin.com, archeageroleplay.com, archeageroleplayers.com, and this very forum).
    The great thing about RP-labeled servers is that they don't really require monitoring from the GMs all that much. The players have their rules and the majority of players on an RP server will abide by them. Those who deviate from the rules are often ostracized and made pariahs, thus giving gankers and trolls few valid reasons to join that server.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast