View Poll Results: Should Trion have rp tagged servers?

Voters
309. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would love to have rp tagged servers

213 68.93%
  • I don't really care

67 21.68%
  • I don't want rp tagged servers

29 9.39%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: RP tagged server poll, and facts and fiction/true or false

Quote Originally Posted by Jibeley View Post
    Official or not. There will be an rp server, hell the communtiy over at the enjin site is already in agreement we will all organize on one server, depending what the other two Rp community sites do. It matters more to keep rp on one server, than let the different sites end up on different servers.

RP will be as we make it, having a tag would only have helped folk navigate to the server faster. But then it takes under 30 seconds to type into google "archage RP" and find rp communtiys for the game, and find out what server the rp community has rolled on.

I do agree though, scapes if your listening. Either do an rp server at launch or not at all. Cause an unoffical one will happan, and if a few months down the line you create an rp server, it will uproot alot of folk.

But lets be clear. There will be RP, no tag means nothing. Having a tag was not going to keep trolls away, folk will swarm to what ever server has room.
    Thank you! Finally someone with a frakkin' brain! Yes, the community can just designate a unofficial one, no need for a special tag and treatment, and they've already decided which is even better. The end. Yes!
    "Every moment of anger, hate, deceit, pain, suffering, pleasure, and desire is mirrored in the power of Chaos. When its legions march, they march to return upon us a ruin that is of our own making."

I kissed my monitor because this post was so beautiful.

In most games, I'd agree that PVPers need their own tag too so you could find other people who want to fight all the time. In this game PVP is everywhere all the time, so you dont need the PVP tag because ALL the servers are pvp. Us Rper's need a tag to know where we're all going, so we have people who play like us to play with. RPer's need those two little letters simply because if you are rping by yourself, well then, you are really just talking to yourself.

I jumped from Landmark to this game because I read somewhere that after just three hours after being asked about a rp server, Scapes made that "so you want a rp server" thread. I thought that showed an amazing amount of care for the role playing community on their game. Something I found a little lacking on the Landmark forums. Maybe I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysyra View Post
    In most games, I'd agree that PVPers need their own tag too so you could find other people who want to fight all the time. In this game PVP is everywhere all the time, so you dont need the PVP tag because ALL the servers are pvp. Us Rper's need a tag to know where we're all going, so we have people who play like us to play with. RPer's need those two little letters simply because if you are rping by yourself, well then, you are really just talking to yourself.
    Thats why if trion sticks to there guns on this, with no rp tagged server. Then we have to as an RP community make sure we all end up on the same server, it will be more work. But its more than doable.
    NA/EU Roleplayers
    Join the ArcheAge Roleplay Community

"No one's left. Everything's gone. Kharak is burning..." Homeworld.

Yeah but Zason.. that's not the first time you've kissed your monitor... is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3155 View Post
    FICTION: Rpers just want to congregate.

FACT: RPers are asking for special attention. Just like PvPers have to find each other, or carebears, or white knights. Why is it everyone else is expected to make their own server choice but RPers have to be given a tag? We're not getting one, carebears aren't getting one, so why do RPers need one this whole tag thing is so stupid.

You didn't address anything all you did was flip the script and counter argued. Don't try to be all clever and ♥♥♥♥. You fail horribly. You can't address the issue only Trion can because it's based on a choice and that choice was already rendered no RP server tag. All you did is try to make me look like a fool.
    In order to counter argue something there must be an argument to counter. I created the thread, I don't know what argument I was trying to counter in my original post. I gave reasons why there should be an rp tagged server and I explained why certain things wili not work.

Flipping the script requires there to be a script to flip does it not?

Either way thanks for your vote!
    House Assante a member of the Kingdom of Arisea

"Words, Weapons, War"

Quote Originally Posted by CeilingSquid View Post
    I will mess with him, if he's going to tell us that the issue is tabled for a post-launch concern.

I get that Scapes not responsible for the final decision, but he shouldn't be promising to revisit the issue after launch. That does a lot more harm then it does good. It creates uncertainty, for the exact reasons Crimsonredwolf brought up.
    So what you're going to do is disrespect someone who had nothing to do with while you expect the ending result to be respect for your own group of people?

It will be revisited. Enjoy that it's not an absolute no. Or don't.

You just lost my vote, friend. Good luck.
    A Wild Locket Has Appeared!

♫♥♪♥♪♥♫
    XOXO
    ♫♥♪♥♪♥♫
    Locket | Salphira | Alchemist | Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Locket View Post
    So what you're going to do is disrespect someone who had nothing to do with while you expect the ending result to be respect for your own group of people?

You missed his point. By saying this will be revisited this means that you put people on the fence. Nobody wants to have to restart after they have started. You also make the head start access invalid for rpers because you put up into the air that the concept of an rp server will be revisited. Question is at that point would you refund any founders packs that rpers bought for the head start access since you are making them wait now for this issue to be "revisited?" probably not. Also in a game like ArcheAge where personal relationships and interdependency is not just part of the game but an unwritten rule you now force people to make hard choices based on the relationships they have made if such a new server gets created. Now I have to choose between those that will leave the old server for the new one and those that won't.

A solid "no we will never have them" allows the rp community to just pick a server and that's it.

A revisited means "Oh I'll just wait till they revisit it and if they put up an rp server I will play it then"

And who's to say that they won't be playing anything else by then?

Such a thing brings uncertainty because it shrinks an already small community even more. Sorry but in this case an absolute yes or an absolute no is just better for everyone. Besides who wants to be treated as an afterthought?
    House Assante a member of the Kingdom of Arisea

"Words, Weapons, War"

Quote Originally Posted by Locket View Post

I didn't realize I was seeking your "vote".

In fact, you haven't been paying close enough attention to what I'm actually saying. I'm not seeking "respect" for my "group of people" - I'm trying to bring to light a potential problem in the way our feedback is being handled.

I don't necessarily WANT the issue to be revisited at a later time. In fact, I said this pretty explicitly. I'm unhappy precisely because it isn't an absolute no. Quite the opposite of the consolation you're trying to scold me with.

An absolute yes or an absolute no prior to launch is paramount. This isn't an issue that should be tabled and revisited.

We can't have official RP servers added after the game launches, because that will fragment the RP community. By launch, they will have picked an unofficial server. If we get official servers, some of the community may uproot and try to get to the Official server, while others will opt to stay on the Unofficial server. It'll cause a community split.

Maquiame said it better than I did.

Also, I don't see it as disrespect for Scapes, but a legitimate criticism. Far be it from me to speak ill of Scapes himself (I think he's always been a great community manager), I just think he's making a bad decision to handle this particular issue this way. Are we not allowed to both respect our community manager, and offer criticism when it's needed? This isn't some kind of positive echo chamber where I have to agree with the way he handles every single issue.

If this issue is going to be revisited by the addition of a NEW RP server, he's setting us up for a big mistake in the future.

If they're going to consider RP tags at a later date, they should try and poll the community and figure out what server the RPers have already designated as their Unofficial congregation point, and add the tag to that existing server.

That's probably the best way to do it.

Sorry if my initial post was worded harshly, but I'd like Scapes to take it to heart if he's reading. Love the work you do for the community, Scapes, but keep in mind the cohesive nature of the RP community. We're gonna try to stick together in a single bunch, one way or another. Don't make us move once we've gotten settled at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by CeilingSquid View Post
    I didn't realize I was seeking your "vote".

In fact, you haven't been paying close enough attention to what I'm actually saying.

I do NOT want the issue to be revisited at a later time. In fact, I said this pretty explicitly. I'm unhappy precisely because it isn't an absolute no.

An absolute yes or an absolute no prior to launch is paramount. This isn't an issue that should be tabled and revisited.

We can't have RP servers added after the game launches, because that will fragment the RP community. By then, they will have picked an unofficial server. Some of them may uproot and try to get to the Official server, while others will opt to stay on the Unofficial server. It'll cause a split.

Maquiame said it better than I did.

Also, I don't see it as disrespect for Scapes, but a legitimate criticism. Far be it from me to speak ill of Scapes himself (I think he's always been a great community manager), I just think he's making a bad decision to handle this particular issue this way. Are we not allowed to both respect our community manager, and offer criticism when it's needed? This isn't some kind of positive echo chamber where I have to agree with the way he handles every single issue.

If this issue is going to be revisited by the addition of a NEW RP server, he's setting us up for a big mistake in the future.

If they're going to consider RP tags at a later date, they should try and poll the community and figure out what server the RPers have already designated as their Unofficial congregation point, and add the tag to that existing server.

That's probably the best way to do it.

Sorry if my initial post was worded harshly, but I'd like Scapes to take it to heart if he's reading. Love the work you do for the community, guy, but keep in mind the cohesive nature of the RP community. We're gonna try to stick together in a single bunch, one way or another. Don't make us move once we've gotten settled at launch.
    No offense bro but you RPers are beginning to act a little ♥♥♥♥♥♥'y just saying bro.
    "Every moment of anger, hate, deceit, pain, suffering, pleasure, and desire is mirrored in the power of Chaos. When its legions march, they march to return upon us a ruin that is of our own making."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast