View Poll Results: Should Trion have rp tagged servers?

Voters
309. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would love to have rp tagged servers

213 68.93%
  • I don't really care

67 21.68%
  • I don't want rp tagged servers

29 9.39%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: RP tagged server poll, and facts and fiction/true or false

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3155 View Post
    No offense bro but you RPers are beginning to act a little ♥♥♥♥♥♥'y just saying bro.
    Are you baiting me, "bro"? Please don't attack my tone, and actually attack my argument.

I think you were the one who didn't want us to have a special RP server tag -- I agree with you. We've been guaranteed no tag at launch, so I'd rather we have no tag forever. We can organize ourselves just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CeilingSquid View Post
    Are you baiting me, "bro"? Please don't attack my tone, and actually attack my argument.

I think you were the one who didn't want us to have a special RP server tag -- I agree with you. We've been guaranteed no tag at launch, so I'd rather we have no tag forever. We can organize ourselves just fine.
    You know, we PvPers can help you RPers with some of your troubles... We only ask that you help us spread the word of Chaos.
    "Every moment of anger, hate, deceit, pain, suffering, pleasure, and desire is mirrored in the power of Chaos. When its legions march, they march to return upon us a ruin that is of our own making."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3155 View Post
    You know, we PvPers can help you RPers with some of your troubles... We only ask that you help us spread the word of Chaos.
    Eh, whatever. Hey man, I love PvP too. I just like to RP in my downtime.

Look, sorry if I came off as a bit of a ♥♥♥♥♥♥. Been a long, annoying day in general. I've said pretty much all I have to say on the subject, and probably in more words than I needed to.

Now, on to spreading the world of Chaos, maybe? I'm a Tzeentch guy myself.

Eh, whatever. Hey man, I love PvP too. I just like to RP in my downtime.

Look, sorry if I came off as a bit of a ♥♥♥♥♥♥. Been a long, annoying day in general. I've said pretty much all I have to say on the subject, and probably in more words than I needed to.

Now, on to spreading the world of Chaos, maybe? I'm a Tzeentch guy myself.
    I'm more Undivided. But my favorite would be Slaanesh and I like Khorne to red being my favorite color.
    "Every moment of anger, hate, deceit, pain, suffering, pleasure, and desire is mirrored in the power of Chaos. When its legions march, they march to return upon us a ruin that is of our own making."

That was a big mistake on Trion's part. I'm going to play the game regardless...but I have a feeling that servers will lock for pvp balances and the RP community will get scattered and possibly diluted.

/sigh

It's a sad day.
    Suomynona, on 08 Feb 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:
    Danger and inconvenience are powerful motivators in getting people to work together, to reach out and meet new people, and to actually play an MMO as if there is a desire to acknowledge the "massively" and "multiplayer" aspect of the acronym.... Removing either (or both) from a game that features any type of open world pvp is a mistake, at least in my opinion.

I didn't realize I was seeking your "vote".

In fact, you haven't been paying close enough attention to what I'm actually saying. I'm not seeking "respect" for my "group of people" - I'm trying to bring to light a potential problem in the way our feedback is being handled.

I don't necessarily WANT the issue to be revisited at a later time. In fact, I said this pretty explicitly. I'm unhappy precisely because it isn't an absolute no. Quite the opposite of the consolation you're trying to scold me with.

An absolute yes or an absolute no prior to launch is paramount. This isn't an issue that should be tabled and revisited.

We can't have official RP servers added after the game launches, because that will fragment the RP community. By launch, they will have picked an unofficial server. If we get official servers, some of the community may uproot and try to get to the Official server, while others will opt to stay on the Unofficial server. It'll cause a community split.

Maquiame said it better than I did.

Also, I don't see it as disrespect for Scapes, but a legitimate criticism. Far be it from me to speak ill of Scapes himself (I think he's always been a great community manager), I just think he's making a bad decision to handle this particular issue this way. Are we not allowed to both respect our community manager, and offer criticism when it's needed? This isn't some kind of positive echo chamber where I have to agree with the way he handles every single issue.

If this issue is going to be revisited by the addition of a NEW RP server, he's setting us up for a big mistake in the future.

If they're going to consider RP tags at a later date, they should try and poll the community and figure out what server the RPers have already designated as their Unofficial congregation point, and add the tag to that existing server.

That's probably the best way to do it.

Sorry if my initial post was worded harshly, but I'd like Scapes to take it to heart if he's reading. Love the work you do for the community, Scapes, but keep in mind the cohesive nature of the RP community. We're gonna try to stick together in a single bunch, one way or another. Don't make us move once we've gotten settled at launch.
    Honestly this is getting cute. You do realize every vote is going to matter? If this isn't supported by a larger base of people it'll not even be considered. So don't care about my vote all you want but the more rude you are to others the less likely you will get what you want. With respect comes support. Don't want it? Fine. But don't expect the goodies that comes along with it.

I don't see why someone can't just have some patience. You don't like the "maybe later" yet you want it. Is this the new way of twisting arms over the internet? I don't really understand.

As far as I can see everyone is pin pointing this issue on Scapes. He hasn't done anything but relay messages, and hope to do good for the community. He gets ♥♥♥♥ for it from majority of directions. I happen to know for a fact he even spends his own personal off work time to touch base with players and see where everyone is sitting on situations. I've never seen a Dev go to the extents Scapes has so I will continue on to fangirl and appreciate the efforts he does put in.

You got nothing to do but shake a finger at someone who's out in the open with face time. The people who actually decide things and say "We'll think about it later" aren't in the stream. But go ahead and criticize someone because you know their face. Sounds Legit.

And if this also sounds rude just take it from someone who is typically a jack monkey. :P

Edit: All things that are not set in stone are subject to change. It's only alpha. You never know what could be switched around. But you want it in favor or yourselves, right?
    A Wild Locket Has Appeared!

♫♥♪♥♪♥♫
    XOXO
    ♫♥♪♥♪♥♫
    Locket | Salphira | Alchemist | Archer

I think RP tagged servers would be a great idea. If we're building a server for role-play, what's the point if it won't actually be tagged RP.
    @thecoolshaz

Quote Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
    I think RP tagged servers would be a great idea. If we're building a server for role-play, what's the point if it won't actually be tagged RP.
    Are modern players so weak minded they need someone to point everything out? If there is no server tag then the RP community should designate it's own on whatever website is that sub community's hub.

OMG the free to play era is sickeningly stupid.

This game ha RP written all over it. It needs a RP server.

So create one. But you don't need a tag for that. If you get a tag we PvPers are gonna scream for one to. PvEers are gonna want one, I mean it's only fair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast