View Poll Results: Should stolen trade goods be split 60/40% ?

Voters
630. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

125 19.84%
  • No

505 80.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Should stolen trade goods be split 60/40% ?

Should stolen trade goods be split 60/40% ?

This decimates the risk vs reward system of the game.

What's the point of amassing a group of people to embark on a massive trade expedition if you can just drop it half way to some pirates and still get 40% for less than half the effort?

What's the point of PIRATING if you split it with your victim.

"Yaarrrgghh I'll be taken yer treasures, and leavin' ya with 40% for yer troubles!"

Official Response: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...l=1#post105763

It should be all or nothing. This is a Sandbox game, not Candyland.

I voted yes but then read it over and realized I meant no. lol. Since losing so close to half seems weird to me.

Yes it's a sandbox game, but there has to be some give and take here. No one's going to want to do trade runs if they get nothing for their efforts if they get robbed. People will just go full pirate and rob the traders because why should they go to all the trouble of trading when they can get the whole 100% by stealing? Until everyone stops trading because they loose their whole profit.

Sandbox doesn't mean 1:1 real life.

60/40 seems a bit much, but I think that would also depend on whats being traded. I don't think everything is going to be worth hundreds of gold. You might steal a crate that's only worth 15 gold. Pirates would get 9 gold, traders would get 6.

If the traders are just dropping their goods and leaving then I think there should be some sort of penalty. Like you drop it while you're not being attacked and you only get 20%, but if you get it stolen, or you drop it to flee the battle (because you're loosing perhaps), you would still get the 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimarhie View Post
    Yes it's a sandbox game, but there has to be some give and take here. No one's going to want to do trade runs if they get nothing for their efforts if they get robbed. People will just go full pirate and rob the traders because why should they go to all the trouble of trading when they can get the whole 100% by stealing? Until everyone stops trading because they loose their whole profit.

Sandbox doesn't mean 1:1 real life.
    Maybe 70/30. Even though that just seems like fine-tuning at this point. :X

Pirates should get the higher end of the profits, but traders should get shafted if they are cheating the system... even though it seems really stupid to drop the cargo in hopes that a pirate group will pick it up, or if they are coordinating with pirates.

There is a current give and take.

if you don't want to take the high risk (thus high reward) of going for the long and dangerous trade routes, you can make a shorter, safer run..

Pirates are already at a massive disadvantage economically, why kill their cheif source of fun and revenue?

Quote Originally Posted by JLC6290 View Post
    There is a current give and take.

if you don't want to take the high risk (thus high reward) of going for the long and dangerous trade routes, you can make a shorter, safer run..

Pirates are already at a massive disadvantage economically, why kill their cheif source of fun and revenue?
    I think you need to reread my comments. O.o

--

Also the current percentages of voters are 40/60 lol

What part?

Being a pirate puts you at a severe economic disadvantage, not to mention losing time in the game in jail.

No.
    If you don't want to risk losing everything DON'T GO OUT AT SEA just land trade in safe areas.
    Going out at sea means you're going for high reward but also high risk, there is a reason why pirates exist.
    ALSO! if you plan on having trade expeditions bring alot of people as that will usually deter pirates from attacking you if you outnumber them.
    IGN:ButteredToast | Server: Hebep RU | Faction: West

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast