View Poll Results: Should stolen trade goods be split 60/40% ?

Voters
630. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

125 19.84%
  • No

505 80.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Should stolen trade goods be split 60/40% ?

I am talking about 60 % not 60/40 !
    And I do not know about KR version but at Ru you do not get anything back but I think they do not get full amount as well!
    At least judging by the fact that if you take someone else pack you do not get full amount!

If Trion gonna make it like it is on Korea - AA will be just dead like AA is dead on Korea.
    There is not much to do in that game, and if pirates and robbers will be killed by this patch, then its just the end of game.

These aren't drugs the pirates are reselling. A fence type system would be good for contraband but not realistic for commonly traded and legal items.

I don't think anything needs to be changed the make it more carebare, infact I'd favour the reduction in carebare that already exists on the first two continents.
    Orellian
    <Kings Gambit>
    European ArcheAge Guild
    http://kingsgambit.enjin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Orellian View Post
    These aren't drugs the pirates are reselling. A fence type system would be good for contraband but not realistic for commonly traded and legal items.

I don't think anything needs to be changed the make it more carebare, infact I'd favour the reduction in carebare that already exists on the first two continents.
    You aren't going to buy a stolen TV, even new in box, for the same price as it is at Best Buy or Walmart (you'll likely pay less than those places pay from their suppliers). It'll be much cheaper. It would make no sense to sell stolen goods at full price. Contraband would be what one can sell for full price since it is black market to begin with. Fencing fees isn't carebare, it dealing with stolen items in a realistic way. The pirate/thief should get no better than wholesale, and likely a bit to well below that (depending on supply), since from a seller's point, the only advantage of dealing with the pirate/thief is getting the goods cheaper than I could get them from the legal trade route.

Well if someone stole a backpack from you while you were sailing across the sea who would know it was stolen? No one because you would never see the thief again.

Question for people in this thread:

If we get into the game and find that the overseas trade routes become ghost lands because the risk is simply to great at 100% loss, would you still want to keep it at 100% even if it meant there was very little pirate pvp action? (because there would be too few victims)

First off i'm not sure how the trading/transport system works in the game but I have an idea from reading through the thread.

I personally love the idea brought up a bit ago in post #190 regarding the ability to insure your cargo. This would eliminate some of the risk for those players who trade infrequently and minimize loss overall for players who plan on trading frequently, while still awarding the pirate rightful plunder.

In addition there could be different levels of insurance a player could buy... 10%-20%-30% Etc. with the cost of the insurance policy also increasing with the coverage. Someone sailing through areas that are know to be dangerous would go for a higher tier while someone hauling something less expensive/shorter distance would go for a lower tier plan if not one at all.

Another idea that could be implemented is a drop chance. By this I mean the when a pirate or anther player is killed/capture/boarded(w/e the system is) a random percentage(10%-80%) of the loot would be dropped instead of a set amount like 60%/40%. So if a person was carrying 20 of item x, 70% or 14 of that item may drop while 4/20 or 20% of another item may drop. The item amount can also be converted into a value of currency which I read before. (Instead of a crate having 20 items it can have a value of 20 gold)

As for how much the player getting raided gets to keep i'm not sure... In theory if your ship was destroyed 100% of your cargo would be lost while if the pirate boarded you he might not find 100%. However the drop change could also be applied to what a person gets to keep if it's not directly proportionate to what the attacking player took and how much(if anything) was destroyed in battle.

Side note: insurance payouts would only be relative to what a player lost. (Player looses 50% of cargo. Insurance pays out 20% of the total value of that 50%) Just to clarify.

yes snap, all or nothing....you are being punished for losing to another player. thats how it should be.

it's a pvp game when you do sea trade runs ect.
    www.warriornation.net Warriornation is recruiting PVE/PVP/NA/EU traders and crafters

Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    yes snap, all or nothing....you are being punished for losing to another player. thats how it should be.
    Fair enough. I just hope these pvp trade routes are super lucrative, such that large numbers of people cant resist the temptation to make the more risky runs. Otherwise, I'm going to be bored as hell sitting around waiting to gank some newb every few hours.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast