+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macros can be used?

Exclamation Macros can be used?

Macros can be used (which makes my keyboard x7 g800v)?

Yes .
    The grave digger is hither he is no kidder see, consider the dark energy, sinner be inner me.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratic View Post
    Yes .
    where you saw wrote that admins can make full use of macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Zork View Post
    where you saw wrote that admins can make full use of macro?
    [02:01:54 PM] Thanks for contacting Trion Worlds Customer Support. My name is GM Ortox. I'm happy to look into your issue for you today.
    [02:03:16 PM] GM Ortox: How can I help you today?
    [02:03:46 PM] [REDACTED] : Sorry, door
    [02:03:48 PM] [REDACTED] : anyway
    [02:03:53 PM] [REDACTED] : Yes, I own a logitch g510 keyboard.
    [02:04:08 PM] [REDACTED] : during a twitch stream of your game "Archeage" they said that macros PERIOD were not allowed
    [02:04:37 PM] [REDACTED] : My keyboard has built in macros, and is not something I can help. It automates nothing, and at the most can copy paste text.
    [02:04:53 PM] [REDACTED] : However, it is still a "macro" by definition. A rebindable hardware key.
    [02:04:58 PM] [REDACTED] : I need verification that this is allowed.
    [02:05:50 PM] GM Ortox: I can certainly understand why you may be concerned about this. I will be more than happy to assist you with that! I believe what they were referring to in the Steam were programs or anything that allows macros to be created in-game, but a keyboard that has this built-in should not be an issue.
    I actually had a similar question, here is a exert from our live chat session.

Quote Originally Posted by PatchesNULL View Post
    I actually had a similar question, here is a exert from our live chat session.
    Very big thank you, class is now going to be used in all my keyboard macros)

Macro to help you game can be used (TRION exact words from last streaming), while macros used to circumvent certain game mechanics (in example to auto-mine, or to avoid going AFK, or to auto-uproot etc.) CANNOT be used; how they can distinguish them? This is another matter and you can follow the discussion here: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...ighlight=macro

To be short: you can use macro to chain the skills (in example to use two or more skills in sequence to facilitate the combo etc.) , but you cannot use macro to "exploit" the game.

I wouldn't suggest to use software macros (in example: AutoHotKey or similar softwares) since they can be seen as "cheats" by the anticheat and you would risk a ban; but using a keyboard with incorporated macro there wouldn't be any problem.

I guess this really depends on how you are defining, 'macro'. In most of my experience, a macro is something that allows you to push one key and have a complex result based on conditions. An example of this would be to push my 5 key and have it cast one spell if my target is hostile, a different spell if my target is friendly, a different spell if I don't have a target, and a fourth different spell if I am targeting myself. Other examples would be for cast sequence, or priority spells. Rift makes use of this quite a lot since there are a lot of spells in Rift that are only able to be cast once some condition is met, but do not trigger the global cooldown. Players are stupid not to macro that spell to other spells they cast regularly. Rift alos allows you to put multiple spells in the same button so that if a lot of your spells are on long cooldowns you would just place the most important spell first and go down the line with whatever priority you wanted to cast your spells in.

It removes a lot of skill from the game and I understand why they don't want you to do it in AA. That said, One of the most useful healer macros is the mouseover macro, and I hope that there is, or will be at some point, that functionality for healers because that is a godsend in that it lets you cast your heal spell at the target your mouse is currently hovering over rather than needing to select the person first. It is most useful in that it lets you keep the enemy targeted to cast offensive spells but still throw heals at yourself or allies.

My mouse has a ton of buttons and I've rekeybound most of them because almost no game allows me to tell it I want mousebutton 16 to trigger the action on my fifth quickbar

+ Reply to Thread