View Poll Results: Should stolen trade goods be split 60/40% ?

Voters
630. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

125 19.84%
  • No

505 80.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Should stolen trade goods be split 60/40% ?

No splits, all or nothing, don't like it don't do a trade run in the seas, sounds harsh but it the way it should be and to those who would choose the safety of "I still get something" over the danger of taking a risk.

WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT OF TRADE RUNS IF ITS A SURE THING THAT YOU STILL GET SOMETHING, even you if you get robbed, where's the fun, excitement, thrill.

you bloody cowards...
    IGN: Baragan|Race: Nuian|Server: Enla

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it

For me its definitely: All or nothing.

I like the idea of a 60/40 split, but I think it should be limited. Like if you are within a couple feet of where they sell it, they split it 60/40 with you. But if they steal it in the middle of the sea, they get all the profit. That way it will limit the number of people that camp the npc buyers and force them to actually come looking for you.

Quote Originally Posted by barshadow View Post
    I like the idea of a 60/40 split, but I think it should be limited. Like if you are within a couple feet of where they sell it, they split it 60/40 with you. But if they steal it in the middle of the sea, they get all the profit. That way it will limit the number of people that camp the npc buyers and force them to actually come looking for you.
    This doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

Honestly it really depends on how often people get their stuff stolen I think. How hard is it to steal from someone? I just want the game to have a good balance between PvP and PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuna View Post
    Honestly it really depends on how often people get their stuff stolen I think. How hard is it to steal from someone? I just want the game to have a good balance between PvP and PvE
    Usually you just kill them and the pack gets left behind
    IGN:ButteredToast | Server: Hebep RU | Faction: West

... .... ....

no, no and again NO, that is a completey stupid idea. just think logically:

pirate: hohohoho, a merchand, i'll make good money! *slash! stab! smash!* *LOOT*
    merchant: *cries* all my hard earned packages have been stolen! waaahhh what am i to do now!!??
    pirate: uwaaahh i'm sowwyyyy, let's share bro!

The entire draw of the game is risk. When was the last time a game made you feel, and I mean REALLY feel crushing loss and defeat, anger, resentment. Few and far between. I would say DayZ and EVE Online at the moment. Too many games listen to the shouts for a safety net. How will you ever feel the genuine thrill of making it to the trader after surviving a gauntlet of events and harrowing brushes with death if you still get a trophy for "almost".

I have been playing on Russian beta for the past month and I can tell you, what keeps me coming back is the amazing adventures in trading and more recently fishing out in the areas where even your own faction can murder you. Being out on your own alone for the first time as well, it feels like, I dunno... driving on the highway by yourself for the first time, and having that moment of self accomplishment and independence. Please do not neuter this game. And if you must have a split, let there be separate servers for those that choose it.

Thank you.

Addendum: A lot of people don't seem to realize you can trade safely on your own continent. You get less Delphic coins, but it's safe. Running dangerous trades is a choice gamble for more profit. Having played the game extensively in KR CBT and now Russian OBT, the trading docks are an exciting and thrilling place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by BikeMan View Post
    The entire draw of the game is risk. When was the last time a game made you feel, and I mean REALLY feel crushing loss and defeat, anger, resentment. Few and far between. I would say DayZ and EVE Online at the moment. Too many games listen to the shouts for a safety net. How will you ever feel the genuine thrill of making it to the trader after surviving a gauntlet of events and harrowing brushes with death if you still get a trophy for "almost".

I have been playing on Russian beta for the past month and I can tell you, what keeps me coming back is the amazing adventures in trading and more recently fishing out in the areas where even your own faction can murder you. Being out on your own alone for the first time as well, it feels like, I dunno... driving on the highway by yourself for the first time, and having that moment of self accomplishment and independence. Please do not neuter this game. And if you must have a split, let there be separate servers for those that choose it.

Thank you.

Addendum: A lot of people don't seem to realize you can trade safely on your own continent. You get less Delphic coins, but it's safe. Running dangerous trades is a choice gamble for more profit. Having played the game extensively in KR CBT and now Russian OBT, the trading docks are an exciting and thrilling place to be.
    +1

The Western client better not be carebear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast