View Poll Results: Should stolen trade goods be split 60/40% ?

Voters
630. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

125 19.84%
  • No

505 80.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Should stolen trade goods be split 60/40% ?

All or nothing.
    I love camping Liberty Island for them goodies and feeling the feeling of accomplishment / fortune when I turn my opponents' packages in.

Having a profit split for stolen trade goods would RUIN the game. Either you were good enough to defend your property or you weren't. For those unwilling to risk losing their goods, they can always trade within safe zones, where you get less of a profit, which would probably equal to or be more profitable than that 40% anyway if it got stolen in a non safe zone.

Players who were skilled/coordinated enough to steal others' trade packages should be fully rewarded for their efforts by getting 100% profit.

I've personally had my trade packages stolen AND have stolen trade packages, and I wouldn't want the split to happen either way. It would ruin the game.
    The Oran'Thul

Quote Originally Posted by yuyu View Post
    Can we just look at it as an insurance?
    Also, less risk means more traders will take the dangerous routes, and more chance for pirates to encounter trading ships. I think getting more encounters is more fun, even the reward is less per each, but you pirates will get to fight more often.
    I feel as though this could be a simple compromise. Force the trader to buy Insurance on their goods. You would get a piece of paper in game that would last a certain amount of time and as long as you continued to buy it you would be assured a 60/40 split. If you don't buy it the pirates get 100%. The insurance would have to be priced high enough where it would almost be considered an investment and also so you can't buy it right at the beginning. This would also deter people from just dropping their packages off and hoping someone turns it in because the only way to get the 60/40 split would be if they had purchased the relatively expensive insurance.

No, there are already too much safezones for absolutely safe trading.

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious Fish View Post
    I feel as though this could be a simple compromise. Force the trader to buy Insurance on their goods. You would get a piece of paper in game that would last a certain amount of time and as long as you continued to buy it you would be assured a 60/40 split. If you don't buy it the pirates get 100%. The insurance would have to be priced high enough where it would almost be considered an investment and also so you can't buy it right at the beginning. This would also deter people from just dropping their packages off and hoping someone turns it in because the only way to get the 60/40 split would be if they had purchased the relatively expensive insurance.
    Ah so its like Uncharted Waters Online.
    Its full loot and thus there's a lot of QQs going on. However, we got used to it and looked for ways to escape such miseries. The problem I see in this game is that the ways to escape the attacks aren't worth too think about it, as they are too few.
    Nevertheless, insurance would work, but how would the trade goods or package accumulate? Because in UWO, you ONLY gain the money back that was stolen from you depending on which type of insurance you get, NOT the trade goods/package (their lost forever to the player pirate/privateers).

@Principe:
    There are many ways to escape on sea, being smart and planning ahead is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KeksX View Post
    @Principe:
    There are many ways to escape on sea, being smart and planning ahead is one of them.
    do u think submarines are going to affect trade ALOT since u cant be detected under water by ships?
    Krogger - lvl 50
    Leader of Wicked
    www.wickedonline.net
    Guild thread here

Before joining the AA RU server I had read tales of pirates letting people drop their bounty and live. I believe the tale went something like a trade ship was headed to Liberty Island and had 5 packs. The pirates stopped them and offered them a very modest proposal, release 3 of the 5 packs or loose them all. Faced with this consequence the logical option is working it out with the scoundrels and so they did. They didn't get everything they wanted out of it, but they lived and so did the pirates.

THIS kind of interaction is what I yearn for in games.THIS is the kind of tensions you only get in DayZ when you're search the barracks and a squad holds you up asking you to place your hands on your head and drop your gear. Shouting at you if you are alone. Moments of TRUE human interaction. Working it out with our words and experiencing the tension of a REAL stand off.

Trust. Fear. Paranoia.

I think that by adding in an ARTIFICIAL compromise you will DESTROY the potential for HUMAN compromise. You remove the HUMAN element of tension and instill an ARTIFICIAL sense of blood lust.

With the 60/40 ratio there's no point to negotiating for any reason, they get a bonus regardless. Kill them!

It destroys the vital aspects of the game that are supposed to be the most engaging, the REAL adventures and stories we have that WE MAKE between our friends and enemies.

When you automatically set values, you influence certain behavior and destroy unique stories.

I want unique stories from this game, I want to know I might be able to talk my way out of it because THAT is still an option. Not know that I will be slaughtered on sight because it wouldn't MAKE SENSE to do anything else.

ALSO! If you're the villainous type. You know more than I do that milking the moments before the sweet embrace of death claims your victims are the most sought after. When a cornered prey doesn't know if it's going to live or die in the next moment. Those are the rarest, purest moments of them all and they are utterly destroyed with this mechanic.

It should be 100% to whoever claims the bounty

However, if a pirate attacks someone in a group that pirate and anyone in his group should be open to attack by the whole group

if you don't want to take the high risk (thus high reward) of going for the long and dangerous trade routes, you can make a shorter, safer run..

Pirates are already at a massive disadvantage economically, why kill their cheif source of fun and revenue?
    I agree with this statement. Trading should be risky, and pirating should be attractive. ALSO traders should have a valid reason to split some of their profits with would be mercenaries. I personally think that playing as a sell-sword would be fantastic fun, and it would be awesome if there was a demand for it.

Yes it's a sandbox game, but there has to be some give and take here. No one's going to want to do trade runs if they get nothing for their efforts if they get robbed. People will just go full pirate and rob the traders because why should they go to all the trouble of trading when they can get the whole 100% by stealing? Until everyone stops trading because they loose their whole profit.
    While I agree with the spirit of this comment, EVE online, which is the only other MMO I can think of where trading is really a valid gameplay mechanic, has a thriving population of people who are willing to take big risks for big rewards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast