View Poll Results: Should stolen trade goods be split 60/40% ?

Voters
630. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

125 19.84%
  • No

505 80.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Should stolen trade goods be split 60/40% ?

Maybe a 80/20 but 60/40 is going too far, crafters would just end up placing the baskets on their lawn and letting others just turn it in

Quote Originally Posted by Baulgere View Post
    Maybe a 80/20 but 60/40 is going too far, crafters would just end up placing the baskets on their lawn and letting others just turn it in
    Would you buy a stolen item for 100% or an illegal copy item for 80%?
    You think a stolen item worth more than 60%?

Quote Originally Posted by Indeed View Post
    Would you buy a stolen item for 100% or an illegal copy item for 80%?
    You think a stolen item worth more than 60%?
    Bread is still bread regardless if it was stolen.
    "Reading is optional in online games" -jahlon, contestant for best post ever.
    Find a funny bug? Share it! | I am Nomad. | Priestess of Nui keeps trying to pay me Guilda stars to get me to hang out at her place. #CrazyGirlFriend

I dont think so, means you can just ditch your loot and let pirates hand it in. Will ruin the risk/reward and doesnt really make much sense either,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Futuza View Post
    Bread is still bread regardless if it was stolen.
    I don't know which country you came from?
    I guess you don't mind fake food (the one in China that blind many people) or expiry food (which also kill people), then go ahead. They are definitely not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Indeed View Post
    I don't know which country you came from?
    I guess you don't mind fake food (the one in China that blind many people) or expiry food (which also kill people), then go ahead. They are definitely not the same.
    Did I say anything about fake food or expiry food?

I'm talking about stolen bread. If I go into a supermarket and steal some bread, it is still bread. If I go into a supermarket and buy the bread, it is still bread. The way the bread is obtained does not change its nature.
    "Reading is optional in online games" -jahlon, contestant for best post ever.
    Find a funny bug? Share it! | I am Nomad. | Priestess of Nui keeps trying to pay me Guilda stars to get me to hang out at her place. #CrazyGirlFriend

Nope, should be all or nothing. Guard your stuff better, honestly. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Futuza View Post
    Did I say anything about fake food or expiry food?

I'm talking about stolen bread. If I go into a supermarket and steal some bread, it is still bread. If I go into a supermarket and buy the bread, it is still bread. The way the bread is obtained does not change its nature.
    And you sell them away at the same price?
    Who would buy that? Would a merchant who would get caught and close their store by selling criminal items buy those? Don't be kidding, it doesn't worth that much. You are not going to get back 100% value. In real world, it is hardly 50%, because they need to sell them quick to avoid getting caught. There is a risk for pirate, and that risk is after you obtain the item, you are not going to sell them at 100% of the value.

idk how they would bring in insurance but that's not a bad idea tbh lol...but ya if you lose something, you can't magically get 40% back...you lose it you lose it, hire some mercenaries. Thats my opinion at least
    Shatter
    Tyrenos
    Fanatic

All or nothing is my opinion. Trading should be a risk/reward system and you should go out knowing that everything you crafted could be stolen and you'll get nothing for it. Otherwise, like in korea, people just leave them on the beaches for pirates to take. They do no work or take any risk and still get money.

Basically, no.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast