View Poll Results: Should stolen trade goods be split 60/40% ?

Voters
630. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

125 19.84%
  • No

505 80.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49

Thread: Should stolen trade goods be split 60/40% ?

What if they have to buy or craft insurance paper to get some refund guarantee?

Insurance paper will need to have expire time only for max 2 hours. They can make it so ppl have to bring the paper to npc and attach it only to specific pack or can be used only while holding pack.

A greedy or risky taker will lose all without insurance paper. But if they want more safety then they will lose more time and profit.

good god the pvpers are as much crybabies over this as the pvers. It's the same for everyone, if you don't like the changes, play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Perihelion View Post
    good god the pvpers are as much crybabies over this as the pvers. It's the same for everyone, if you don't like the changes, play something else.
    It's not cry babying if that is the primary source of income for your play group. This is a serious issue for us PvPers.
    "Every moment of anger, hate, deceit, pain, suffering, pleasure, and desire is mirrored in the power of Chaos. When its legions march, they march to return upon us a ruin that is of our own making."

not sure,always move to another place with my group if climate changing
    i dont know how this thread repply reaching 49 page,, the answer already very clear at the very first page,,
    maybe this "topic starter" just a tough man,,,

I want to remember that if some stupid stealer pack wants 80% of the pack as reward, go make yourself a pack to receive 100%. There is no reason to be better for a person that steal your pack and only 20% for the guy that really worked hard to do the package, so the 60% for the stealer and 40% for the owner is the only fair option.

Dont be stupid people, if you want 80% ~ 100%, go make yourself the package, dont steal like a stupid person and cry to be 80%...there is no reason to give more for people that is stealing, hacking, exploiting to steal on the game...we cant incentivate people to steal or nobody will do nothing since will be stealed later...dont be idiots, think.

I guess nearly all my runs will be solo and I still suppor 80/20

It might be overall better for the game if the places you could turn in trade packs were protected... Such as once you got 95% of the way across trip, the last 5% was safe. This would prevent pirates from camping on top of the NPC's.

Also, consider this. If there are too many pirates looking for trade packs, trade pack runs becomes less profitable. That means less people will invest time in making the trade packs and invest their time in other things, like simply selling goods on the auction house or providing service to other players or whatever else makes them more profit than having every single trade pack they make stolen. If there are less trade packs being made, there is less for pirates to steal. Eventually being a pirate loses its profitability and more pirates start investing their time in other things that make them more money than sitting around on a boat hoping someone rides by that you can steal from. Once the amount of pirates decreases, the relative safety for people to run trade packs goes back up. When more trade packs are being made, the amount of pirates will increase.

This results in the incredibly simple Predator and Prey model. It will be a cycle, so long as it is maintained in a healthy way.

If 40 % of my trade pack gets refunded when I lose it and I walk away with enough money to buy the stuff to make 2 trade packs for every 1 pack I just lost, There is no incentive for me to even worry about pirates. As was said earlier, I'll just load up my boat and wait for death, then reload it twice as heavy. The cycle would just repeat until I can make better, more expensive packs, so on and so forth. The economy would be destroyed in a matter of days and would never recover.

The person losing the pack needs to get back some money. Anyone who thinks otherwise is being short sighted. No one will invest a large chunk of their money into a trade pack, have it stolen, lose everything they worked for, and then save up to do it again. If you get back some small amount, less than what you spent to make the pack (or would have earned for selling the stuff you used to make it), but enough to not feel like you are destitute, it still remains fun and risky.

To put it more simply, If I'm new to trade pack runs and I only have 30 gold, which I have been saving since level 1, and I use it all to make a trade pack in the hopes of making a good 100 gold for it, I shouldn't get 40 gold back if someone steals it from me. If I get 20 gold back, when I spent 30 to make it, I didn't lose everything and I only need to earn another 10 gold before I can try again. If I get nothing because some kid who's been playing the game for six months longer than me has a pirate crew raiding traders and I lose my pack, then I walk away from trading thinking it was a waste of time and I never want to try again, because I just lost everything I earned since level 1 into the pack and got absolutely nothing to show for it. People need to have a safety net because this is a video game. It needs to punish you for losing your pack, for sure, but not so much so that you are so upset you want to quit. As was said by Scapes, 20/80 is what is being tested. Maybe 20% is too much and it should be closer to 15% to adequately punish the trader for not preparing better. Maybe it should be 25% because 20% is too harsh a punishment.

It certainly shouldn't be 0% for losing it nor should it be possible to profit from just trade pack dumping. The delicate balance must be maintained.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49