+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: HUGE player population DECLINE - and NOT the bots...

HUGE player population DECLINE - and NOT the bots...

This is all about the bots, hacks, third party programs and cheats that are running rampant on the NA/EU side of things...

I predict a sharp population decline over the next couple months. people WILL vote with their wallets. When the three (3) different founders free time runs out, they'll throw this game to the freaking curb.

Mainly the wallet vote will be for the following reasons:

If I were Trion/XL - I'd have each of those days circled in red in my calendar with the number of accounts associated with them as high-risk players for not subscribing. They have until each of those dates to make that group of players want to continue playing. I bet that 95% of those players in each group who don't own land and 50% of the players who do own land WILL QUIT on that day if these issues are not addressed.

To compound the issue, people are generally questioning XL's dedication to the NA/EU market...

XLGames continue to plow ahead with simply porting Korean retro patch fixes over to the NA/EU client without addressing our region specific issues, and our players have less and less confidence in XL/Trion, which will mean less subs. Whats worse - is that Trion wants to do something about the issues its customers/players are griping about the most, but they can't get XLGames to react (or even acknowledge problems) in a timely manner (and thats from Scapes himself).

Archeage in the KR market is pretty much dead, RU is not far behind and the PRIMARY cause is due to hackers, botters and cheaters pushing the game into a doomstate spiral. Hackers and botters control EVERY asset inside and OUTSIDE of the gamespace. Its almost as if XLGames have thrown in the towel and said "here's the gameworld - we're out - you guys take over."

I think its because XLGames cannot address the issues from a technical and logistical standpoint - as its too overwhelming. The dev crew over there is too small and inexperienced, and they have CLEARLY already given up tackling issues in their launched markets.

Its slowly happening here as well, and the speed at which this curve is accelerating is astounding. Why? Because legitimate players and patrons that would NEVER think about getting the newest packet hack "LandGrab2000.exe" with the brand new encryption keys for $2 almost *HAVE TO* in order to even scrape up a small 4x4 plot. It doesn't end there. Wall hacking, teleporting, health hacking, market sniping apps - all kinds of these little programs are out there and slowly encroaching on "I need these things in order to play this game." Thats the way it is in KR/RU markets RIGHT NOW.

Auroria is going to be a ClusterF - with a capitol C and F. There will be HUNDREDS of bots on the mainland before we even step foot on a galleon or jump through a portal. There are people planting and cutting on the new continent as I write this.

I REALLY like this game, but its going to hell in a handbasket in a hurry.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Update 12:31pm PST:
    Seems the forums and reddit has finally exploded right in Trions face with all the BS hacking and botting and their inability to do anything about it. Wonder if they will just continue to hide in the closet?

I hope your right.

then maybe Ill get some land.........and then quit shortly thereafter due to the game still being FUBAR

Oh dont worry about the declining. Im allready contacting customer support to see if i can get a refund, If i can yey me back to a decent mmo, if not to bad i wasted ALOT of money and time on something i had high hopes for. It truely sucks that it had to be this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thojorkill View Post
    There are people planting and cutting on the new continent as I write this.
    Wait, what? How?

Quote Originally Posted by bmw View Post
    I hope your right.

then maybe Ill get some land.........and then quit shortly thereafter due to the game still being FUBAR
    You won't get land, it will be IMMEDIATELY "landgrabber.exe'd" within a micro-second. As an afterthought- it will then be sold to another hacker/bot/chinese gold farmer for 2000g, and then to a legitimate player for $74 outside of the game. That is exactly the flow of property ownership in the RU and KR markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Thojorkill View Post
    You won't get land, it will be IMMEDIATELY "landgrabber.exe'd" within a micro-second.
    Then Ill quit. Simple as that. Im 48 and dont have time for ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥....

Fact or fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by bmw View Post
    Then Ill quit. Simple as that. Im 48 and dont have time for ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥....
    he's right though. you really won't get any land.

Quote Originally Posted by TPS Reports View Post
    Fact or fiction?
    New here aren't you?

Welcome to HackAgeŽ

I've never said this before...as I am always espousing the efforts of an MMO's Dev Team to combat issues like these....but Trion's inability to communicate let alone solve this issues has led me to sincerely believe that this game not only deserves to...but NEEDS to fail.

Archeage must be made an example of what not to do. It must serve as a message to other developers/publishers that the players will not put up with this insulting level of incompetence.

If this game turns a profit, other Dev Teams will do what Trion has done: laugh all the way to bank while their game burns to the ground behind them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast