View Poll Results: How much land do you have as a patron?

Voters
328. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have no land

39 11.89%
  • I have only 1 8x8 plot

50 15.24%
  • I have multiple 8x8 plots or aquafarms

23 7.01%
  • I have a 16x16 and at least 1 8x8

72 21.95%
  • I have multiple 16x16 and 8x8 plots

78 23.78%
  • I have at least 1 24x24 or larger plot

66 20.12%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: As a Patron, how much land do you have?

I have 1 16x16 house, 1 16x16 farm, and 3 8x8 (though 1 is just a placeholder for a guildie).

Quote Originally Posted by Roma Fireheart View Post
    I have a Farmhouse, 2 Big Scarecrows (One from my alt, 1 from my main) 2 Small Scarecrows (One from alt, one from main) and I just managed to get enough gilda stars for a 100 Gilda House Deed.
    Worked my butt off for all of it, endless nights of barley, tater, etc farming, sell, buy, sell buy sell buy. Took me 4 weeks and a server switch to get it done but I did.

But let me tell you, there are so many landsquatters, so many alts just hoarding land, it's ridiculous. Half the stuff out there isn't even complted in construction and the ones that are have sick livestock on them or dying trees for days.

You can get land, You can enjoy the game without land, key is teamwork and kindness. Find someone to help you farm/harvest to make some money and buy land. Also, check the Demolition times on landplots, remember the times and check back. Until the time is up make sure you have enough money to either buy the land if you loose the Demo-Grab or wait till more botters are removed from the game and their property goes poof.

All in all, from 15 years of MMO experience and everything i've seen so far, the way people are here, they'll rush their arses off to go to Auroria and leave their houses behind. They'll probably save one house/farm spot for trade packs and bind spots and sell the rest or ignore them due to taxes.

With my properties, my taxes are well over 100 Tax Certs a week. I play a ton and its getting hard to maintain, Im not sure how the hackers/botters will go about saving all that horded land much longer without spendign their precious monies or labor to buy tax certs.

Greed is the problem, time is the answer.
    may not really be true about the auroria rush thing because remember there is no crafting areas in auroria so people would still need to go back to main land to do any of that. not too mention it sounds like theres only going to be a limited amount of permanent housing space while the rest is so called Temp because it will be determined by who owns the guard towers. To think about it though, Probably the biggest guilds will get to own most of the land up there simply because they have the shear numbers to control the guard towers all the time. But we will see how this works out. maybe the whoever wins the declaration off the ah, may just have enough numbers to make it a even fight or they limit the guild vs guild battle for the tower to like 50 players max for both sides.

I own a farm house, 6 16x16's and 6 8x8's all surrounding each other on an island. It should be 8 of each but I've been too lazy to level the last 2 alts on my second account.

In two days I make enough gold from Pine Woodlots to pay for two months each of APEX on both accounts, then the rest of the week is all profit. I harvest about 7,000 logs per day. Two days out of the week I plant single pine trees to farm thundertrucks, and labor and labor pots are used to make tax certs - sometimes I just buy them also if I'm feeling lazy.

Point - get enough property and the game will pay for itself. I only spend ~1 hour a day logged in btw, usually about 30 minutes.

20x 16X16 10x 8x8

Our family is 4 patrons; between us we each have 3 16x16 houses (house planted on first/2nd day of head start), a total of 3 aquafarms, 3 8x8s and a large farm (from the open space left by one person's house when they built their 150 GS house). There were open aquafarm spots 2 weeks into launch, housing in Solis on first day of head start, and housing in Windscour on 2nd day.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    may not really be true about the auroria rush thing because remember there is no crafting areas in auroria so people would still need to go back to main land to do any of that. not too mention it sounds like theres only going to be a limited amount of permanent housing space while the rest is so called Temp because it will be determined by who owns the guard towers. To think about it though, Probably the biggest guilds will get to own most of the land up there simply because they have the shear numbers to control the guard towers all the time. But we will see how this works out. maybe the whoever wins the declaration off the ah, may just have enough numbers to make it a even fight or they limit the guild vs guild battle for the tower to like 50 players max for both sides.
    Castle sieges are limited to 70 v 70. There is an invisible boundary where anyone can watch but not participate.

3 8x8's :[ I been to over 14 demolitions for 16 x 16 lots. I don't know if I am competing with bots or super human mouse clickers. meh....

Forums are being weird so I can't vote but I have 3 small farms. I had a large farm but I sold it because farming all of that was too boring for me. I can just buy low and resell later to get way more than my farm gave me or I can buy stuff and run trade carts.

Most of my money comes from buying stuff cheap and then processing it with labor into a much more profitable form, you just have to know the right prices to do it at. That and buying high gold items when they are put up for too little and reselling them.

I didn't have patron until 2 weeks into release either. Seems really easy to get gold to buy a farm or house so those who complain about it are just being lazy imo.

I have one 24x24 Thatched farmhouse and one 8x8 garden. My wife's account has one 24x24 Thatched farmhouse and two 8x8 gardens. We were both in head start and knew where to place stuff having played in Alpha and Beta.

I have 1 16x16 cottage on my main and an 8x8 on my alt. Wasn't fast enough to get a second 16 for a large farm, even though I had the plan before launch ha! My husband had the f2p bug even as a patron so he didn't get any land, and is using temporary spots.

Brosia - level 50 Stone Arrow
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Freedom! Protection! Honour!-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    Check out our active gaming community here at GuardianHQ.com! We are currently recruiting all play styles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast