+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Gold Being Removed: A Tale of Illicit Gains Coming to an End

1.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1

Gold Being Removed: A Tale of Illicit Gains Coming to an End

A number of you have mentioned that you're seeing gold disappearing.

As we broadcasted in yesterday's initial blast of rapturing hackers, gold farming bots, mules, and storage accounts, we're now also taking the step of removing the gains passed on by them.

What that means is: If you bought or were gifted gold from one of them, you may see it disappear. We do have the ability to trace coin, and that's the gold that's being cleaned up right now.

The best bet is to not buy gold - It's the same people trying to crap up chat with spam and trying to fill the game with bots and landgrabs. If you bought gold from one of those sites, you are absolutely welcome to try to go back to them for a refund, but we will not be returning gold purchased or gifted from goldsellers and botters. It's off in the ether from whence it came.
    Morgana, Community Coordinator

The Dev Tracker

Finaly some action. I just hope its not to late

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    A number of you have mentioned that you're seeing gold disappearing.

As we broadcasted in yesterday's initial blast of rapturing hackers, gold farming bots, mules, and storage accounts, we're now also taking the step of removing the gains passed on by them.

What that means is: If you bought or were gifted gold from one of them, you may see it disappear. We do have the ability to trace coin, and that's the gold that's being cleaned up right now.

The best bet is to not buy gold - It's the same people trying to crap up chat with spam and trying to fill the game with bots and landgrabs. If you bought gold from one of those sites, you are absolutely welcome to try to go back to them for a refund, but we will not be returning gold purchased or gifted from goldsellers and botters. It's off in the ether from whence it came.
    Then maybe you should shut the AH down cos there i got all my gold from, From selling stuff on there,

I cant control who buys it can i ? Yet your peoonalising me,

This is interesting for many reasons. Would be curious to know:
    - What about gold that's been spent or 'laundered' through legit means: buying land on appraisals, items, resources, APEX off Auction house etc.
    - Sub-question to the above: will all of that stuff be removed if bought with 'hacked gold'?
    - Will people be losing land through the hacks they've used to claim it?

This could have major impacts to the economy, help some, screw others (whether they bought gold or not).

---QFT
    Then maybe you should shut the AH down cos there i got all my gold from, From selling stuff on there,

I cant control who buys it can i ?

Loving this, but 1 concern: How far are you tracing it? If someone sold an item on the auction house, how would they have known it was RMT gold used to buy it? So friggin glad all my gold comes from trade packs.
    Characters: Synthetic and Dosage (Aranzeb Server)
    Stay informed: News & Announcements l Patch Notes l Server Status l Dev Tracker

So if a legit player bought APEX with cash, then sold it to some random player that paid him X amount of gold for it, you are going to take away the legit players gold and not return the APEX? Is that legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic CK View Post
    Loving this, but 1 concern: How far are you tracing it? If someone sold an item on the auction house, how would they have known it was RMT gold?
    Thats where i got all my gold from, Selling worms and medinical power on ah Not through trading manually just placing on ah.

this is my complaint ATM, i have done it legit

If they allow for negative balances, then the correct amount of gold can be taken out of the economy from the initial gold buyer, regardless if the dirty gold has moved hands. I've heard EVE did negative balances when they removed gold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast