View Poll Results: The current crafting system.

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • I knew it was this way and I like it.

65 47.79%
  • I just found out and I like it.

8 5.88%
  • I knew it was this way and it sucks bad.

49 36.03%
  • I just found out and I'm pissed.

14 10.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What they dont want you to know about crafting.

What they dont want you to know about crafting.

Been playing this game since launch and finally saw what true crafting is. So I've spent a lot of gold slowly upgrading my armor then a weapon. Today I decided to upgrade my weapon to the lvl 50 and to my surprise You don't get a level 50 weapon but a dice roll to determine if you get one. Then if you don't get the correct weapon the current weapon is pretty much useless because it cannot be further upgraded. The same goes for Armor and Jewelry. Sorry to say Trion but if I knew this before I started playing then I woulda never started at all.

This has to be the most money hungry and sorriest upgrade system I have ever seen in amy MMO ever. You are right on up there with Shaiya. Man I had so much fun playing Rift and trusted your company with good choices. This is ruining your reputation as a gaming company.

BOOOOHOOOOOO give me stuff you evil game BOOOOHOOOOO

You can always get a Hasla weapon breh.

You failed to check your skillbook. Now go cry.

Wait, you mean that while everyone was complaining there was not a gold-sink in the game, there actually was? And it was one of the biggest parts of the game? Who knew?
    O R I G A M I
    Server: Salphira | Faction: East | Name: Orito

Hi OP. Just to let you know that there is a way to get around this system. They have these machines called Moonlight/Sunlight/Starlight Salvage Forges. You can find them in Austerea (east side) or the main city on the west side. If you craft a piece of equipment/accessory/weapon that cannot be upgraded and it's useless, use an evenstone on it and it becomes a fragment. Get 3 of these fragments and you can put them together into the form that CAN be upgraded. That way it's not an entire waste!

Quote Originally Posted by Origami View Post
    Wait, you mean that while everyone was complaining there was not a gold-sink in the game, there actually was? And it was one of the biggest parts of the game? Who knew?
    False.

The definition of a gold sink is something that removes gold from the economy, similar to burning $100 bills. When you're crafting you typically buy things from other players, not removing the gold from the economy but continuing the cycle.

Your smartass remark simply proves that you're a dumbass.

Good day,

Economy.

Pro-Tip:
    Any game that has crafting items that can be better than world drops and comparable/better to raiding gear. IE if this gear is what everyone is going to want..................you better be damn sure it will be difficult and rare to craft.

If you go into am MMO that says their crafting is the best in slot............well........this is how it translates in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    Hi OP. Just to let you know that there is a way to get around this system. They have these machines called Moonlight/Sunlight/Starlight Salvage Forges. You can find them in Austerea (east side) or the main city on the west side. If you craft a piece of equipment/accessory/weapon that cannot be upgraded and it's useless, use an evenstone on it and it becomes a fragment. Get 3 of these fragments and you can put them together into the form that CAN be upgraded. That way it's not an entire waste!
    This is only true of the lowest tier that comes sealed (e.g. salvage 3 illustrious caps, get an illustrious typhoon cap that can be upgraded to magnificent). If you are salvaging higher tiers, you will get another sealed piece (e.g. salvage 3 magnificent caps, get a sealed magnificent cap).

My question, though, is how on earth did you not know the crafting system was this way if you've been playing since launch?
    Coraxxas - Primeval - <Ghost> - Kadum (West)
    Tyranthin - Ebonsong - <Emeritus> - Kadum (East)/Nui (East)

What's the difference between Sedura and Looney's dad?
    ...Sedura comes out of stealth every 45 seconds.

Follow me on Twitch and Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    How does that work exactly? Can I use the dagger,sword,spear then break them down for stones then craft them into anything? Do they have to be the illustrious or can I use the lower level ones? Or do I need 3 illustrious swords to get me a lvl 50 sword?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast