View Poll Results: The current crafting system.

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • I knew it was this way and I like it.

65 47.79%
  • I just found out and I like it.

8 5.88%
  • I knew it was this way and it sucks bad.

49 36.03%
  • I just found out and I'm pissed.

14 10.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What they dont want you to know about crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmoret View Post
    How does that work exactly? Can I use the dagger,sword,spear then break them down for stones then craft them into anything? Do they have to be the illustrious or can I use the lower level ones? Or do I need 3 illustrious swords to get me a lvl 50 sword?
    I'll let warhead42 answer that for you, I'm running a bit short on time for my assignments. Overall crafting useless things are not an entire waste. Hope Warhead42 is here to give you a run through on how the breaking down system works! Sorry I can't give you the answer at the moment ><

High level crafting is supposed to be very difficult. That is why the rewards when you do get up there are so great. Example: 30k handicrafting and not enough earth rolls to make past artisan's yet
    My solution: Farm more coral, ♥♥♥♥♥ing doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    I'll let warhead42 answer that for you, I'm running a bit short on time for my assignments. Overall crafting useless things are not an entire waste. Hope Warhead42 is here to give you a run through on how the breaking down system works! Sorry I can't give you the answer at the moment ><
    What do I look like, Google?

I don't mind helping, but damn, do a shred of research before expecting someone else to do the work for you.

If you would like to know how the salvaging process works, press O in game and go to machining. From there, select one of the many reforging options to see what is needed and what is produced.
    Tyranthin - Ebonsong - <X I> - Wynn (East)
    Coraxxas - Primeval - <Ghost> - Kadum (HAUNTED)
    Tyranthin - Ebonsong - <Emeritus> - Kadum (East)/Nui (East)

You've never had one question, so comfortable living life so certain.
    Let me tell you about this then, no one really knows the truth. No, not you.

Follow me on Twitch and Twitter

Well IDK.. I was looking at this slow climb to some top tier gear through crafting. It was a huge wall and was going to take a thousand hours to overcome it. Now I'm finding out that its 4x bigger then originially thought. This is the perfect example of a pay to win money hungry company. You can spend 10k$ on the game and have the best gear or spend the rest of your known life trying to grind for it. Right now it doesn't seem to have much of an impact but I assure that just like Shaiya and all those other money hungry games they will end up with a game full of people who spent that much to get their gear.

Been playing this game since launch and finally saw what true crafting is. So I've spent a lot of gold slowly upgrading my armor then a weapon. Today I decided to upgrade my weapon to the lvl 50 and to my surprise You don't get a level 50 weapon but a dice roll to determine if you get one. Then if you don't get the correct weapon the current weapon is pretty much useless because it cannot be further upgraded. The same goes for Armor and Jewelry. Sorry to say Trion but if I knew this before I started playing then I woulda never started at all.

This has to be the most money hungry and sorriest upgrade system I have ever seen in amy MMO ever. You are right on up there with Shaiya. Man I had so much fun playing Rift and trusted your company with good choices. This is ruining your reputation as a gaming company.
    you think it's ruining the reputation, yet 70% at this point in time say they knew it was gonna be that way and like it? No reputation ruined, do your research before you buy next time. Caveat emptor.

I knew it was this way and I like it.

Been playing this game since launch and finally saw what true crafting is. So I've spent a lot of gold slowly upgrading my armor then a weapon. Today I decided to upgrade my weapon to the lvl 50 and to my surprise You don't get a level 50 weapon but a dice roll to determine if you get one. Then if you don't get the correct weapon the current weapon is pretty much useless because it cannot be further upgraded. The same goes for Armor and Jewelry. Sorry to say Trion but if I knew this before I started playing then I woulda never started at all.

This has to be the most money hungry and sorriest upgrade system I have ever seen in amy MMO ever. You are right on up there with Shaiya. Man I had so much fun playing Rift and trusted your company with good choices. This is ruining your reputation as a gaming company.
    This crafting system was created when it was a subscription only game and had fewer LP syncs and material requirements. It was vastly changed for the F2P conversion and of course is FUBAR...while it was still RNG to get a lvl 50 weapon as a sub game, it wasn't as critical as it is now with the extra materials that are very rare and expensive. This is what happens with Korean games that go F2P after the fact, they are made into mediocre games.

Sounds like you haven't played many FTP MMO's if you think this ranks up there.

Additionally, in the year 2014 almost 2015 is there really anyone who actually believes anything on the internet entitled "What they dont want you to know about (insert controversial buzz topic here)"?
    An original alpha founder who quit playing ArcheAge because of the remarkably terrible job Trion has done.

RNG doesn't work very well for gear generation when there is a high time investment involved in attaining it. SWTOR tried it and it was pretty much universally hated and contributed to a lot of people leaving.

You aren't supposed to get the best end game gear right away, those are end game goals with huge benefits for the work put in. Getting ahead takes some thought, planning and teamwork. If you want free ♥♥♥♥, go play WoW and afk in LFR.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast