View Poll Results: The current crafting system.

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • I knew it was this way and I like it.

65 47.79%
  • I just found out and I like it.

8 5.88%
  • I knew it was this way and it sucks bad.

49 36.03%
  • I just found out and I'm pissed.

14 10.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: What they dont want you to know about crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmoret View Post
    Been playing this game since launch and finally saw what true crafting is. So I've spent a lot of gold slowly upgrading my armor then a weapon. Today I decided to upgrade my weapon to the lvl 50 and to my surprise You don't get a level 50 weapon but a dice roll to determine if you get one. Then if you don't get the correct weapon the current weapon is pretty much useless because it cannot be further upgraded. The same goes for Armor and Jewelry. Sorry to say Trion but if I knew this before I started playing then I woulda never started at all.

This has to be the most money hungry and sorriest upgrade system I have ever seen in amy MMO ever. You are right on up there with Shaiya. Man I had so much fun playing Rift and trusted your company with good choices. This is ruining your reputation as a gaming company.

Look man trion is not the dev making this game undrstand?They pretty much copy what they have done in Korea thats it ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    If you had ever played Maplestory, you would think this is nothing, haha.
    They really cashed in like nothin ive ever seen in Maple (Started 2008). Until BB Maple was the best mmorpg EVER. The atmosphere, sociability and well the grinding sucked there's no denying that but I usually pqed, stalked HS,PMD,RING etc it was still rolling allright. Then came the miracle cubes which make Archeum Boxes look like paper airplanes compared to a NASA Program. Real shame, I still listen to the awesome soundtrack not many mmo games can compete with.

welcome to long term crafting
    its meant to be this way
    if it was easy we would all have max gear already lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Judgy View Post
    hey if your on aranzeb I can give you a job as a worker to work on my fields
    at least then you would be able to experience working on land...if thats what u want of course.
    10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by FloatingFatMan View Post
    No. What they actually did was put all the player complaints INSIDE the ball, then tossed the ball out the window where it bounced out into the freeway and got run over by a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by 4jacks View Post
    That new item better be an effing golden unicorn pony.

It is not like they do not want you to know- it is more of you didn't know and now you are mad

Its a gimmick system and I'm not falling for it. This game won't see another dollar from me. If I buy a horse then I want a damn horse not a freakin RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Heratli View Post
    False.

The definition of a gold sink is something that removes gold from the economy, similar to burning $100 bills. When you're crafting you typically buy things from other players, not removing the gold from the economy but continuing the cycle.

Your smartass remark simply proves that you're a dumbass.

Good day,

Economy.
    False

Some crafting mats are purchased via NPC merchants, therefore it is an actual goldsink.

Crafting just replaces dungeon grinding. So instead of grinding dungeons ya grind to gather mats to craft your random drops. Oh! and just you wait till the library hits. Then ya can grind dungeons AND grind mats to make your weapons! Double the grind, double the fun right?

I love the crafting system, it keeps rare stuff truly scarce.
    Aranzeb server veteran Menachem of <Goon Squad> and <Wicked>

"Do it how you Livin"

"If you livin good then do it good. If you livin RIGHT then do it RIGHT."

I just spend over 500 gold upgrading a weapon and it still isn't as good as the Hasla weapon. Ok I'm done you won't see me on that game again till Auroria. Only to check it out and see if its any better. I have never played a f2p model like this because I truly hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heratli View Post
    False.

The definition of a gold sink is something that removes gold from the economy, similar to burning $100 bills. When you're crafting you typically buy things from other players, not removing the gold from the economy but continuing the cycle.

Your smartass remark simply proves that you're a dumbass.

Good day,

Economy.
    The fact is, the items you produce that can't be upgraded further are less desirable and wil cost cheap, resulting in you not being able to get as much money from the items to buy things to start from scratch. Not to mention, you'll keep using up the materials so those will disappear. Sure it's not really having a gold sink, but things will disappear from the game so less materials will be available for use.
    Fyrielle

-Eanna
    -Melisara(main)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast