View Poll Results: The current crafting system.

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • I knew it was this way and I like it.

65 47.79%
  • I just found out and I like it.

8 5.88%
  • I knew it was this way and it sucks bad.

49 36.03%
  • I just found out and I'm pissed.

14 10.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: What they dont want you to know about crafting.

45% of your players don't like the random generated crafted. How many of them will still be here in two months? You guys are running a game that not only requires players to subscribe, it also requires them to buy extra apex every month. Job well done its a money hungry system and its abhorred by most of the American market. I don't mind being forced to subscribe to enjoy the game but I get really mad when you are trying to force players to fork out extra cash for a "chance" to receive the item they are trying to get. Sorry I'm very pissed off. Trion you had a great f2p system with Rift and it got a lot of money from me and I was happy to spend my money on that game. This game, im freakin mad when I spend any money because its a ripoff.

well, I did know that beforehand.

But yes, it's the absolute worst. The amount of RNG and unnecessary money sinks in this game is astronomical.

I will never accept the insulting game mechanics of most asian MMOs but Archeage was intriguing enough to go in regardless. Not regretting it but definitely reinforced my prejudice against this type of game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmoret View Post
    Been playing this game since launch and finally saw what true crafting is. So I've spent a lot of gold slowly upgrading my armor then a weapon. Today I decided to upgrade my weapon to the lvl 50 and to my surprise You don't get a level 50 weapon but a dice roll to determine if you get one. Then if you don't get the correct weapon the current weapon is pretty much useless because it cannot be further upgraded. The same goes for Armor and Jewelry. Sorry to say Trion but if I knew this before I started playing then I woulda never started at all.

This has to be the most money hungry and sorriest upgrade system I have ever seen in amy MMO ever. You are right on up there with Shaiya. Man I had so much fun playing Rift and trusted your company with good choices. This is ruining your reputation as a gaming company.

Not tried Atlantica have you:P It's far worse than this system. You get a 50% fail rate when upgrading, unless you spend a ton of real life cash to keep from a catastrophic fail. Once fully upgraded, a top tier weapon can cost you easily $2000 real life dollars. Nope, there are no periods in that. To go from naked +0 to full blown +10. Each step, 50% chance the item will be destroyed, except TADA- cash shop to the rescue!! Just buy an enormous pile of atlas stones!!! They take away that 50% chance of destruction, but you can still fail to upgrade. Oh wait, it's a high level weapon? You need an even bigger pile of cash shop only stones!!! Each ATTEMPT to upgrade an epic weapon is SEVENTY FIVE FREAKING DOLLARS, at which you STILL have the chance to DOWNGRADE the weapon!!!

TL;DR this system sucks, but there are worse out there!!!

Oh Hai Nexon:P

Quote Originally Posted by whatevername View Post
    This crafting system was created when it was a subscription only game and had fewer LP syncs and material requirements. It was vastly changed for the F2P conversion and of course is FUBAR...while it was still RNG to get a lvl 50 weapon as a sub game, it wasn't as critical as it is now with the extra materials that are very rare and expensive. This is what happens with Korean games that go F2P after the fact, they are made into mediocre games.
    wtf
    I didn't even know this was a subscription game once.

Suddenly it all makes sense. f2p is the bane of MMOs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7