+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasla weapon : why it's a bad decision to release them

Hasla weapon : why it's a bad decision to release them

Hi,

Releasing t2 and t3 Hasla weapon so early in the game is the worst decision I've ever seen Trion make ever. And I've followed you since you released rift & defiance.

First of, wonder why and when they've been release in KR in the first place : they've released those weapon one year after the game release, when they raised the lvl cap up to 55 so that newcomers can catch up with old dinosaurs with heavy gear more easily.

Here Trion missed the point. The very first mistake was to release them at the release of game. It basically broke any kind of interest around weapon crafting, unless you go above 30k. It killed any kind of challenge around pvp : we have awesome weapon but crappy armor and the winner is the one that cc first and 2 shot the opponent.

And now that Auroria is coming, you want to completely destroy weaponsmith/carpentry that bad ?
    Here are facts. Let's talk about the staff (for example).
    Hasla t1 staff stats are :
    DPS 276.9
    Magic Attack 316
    Intelligence 53
    Spirit 35

Now let's see Illustrious ocean staff : http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/20431/
    DPS 218
    Magic Attack 250
    Stamina 31
    Intelligence 26
    Spirit 20
    Even if you regrade it up to arcanic, it's bad compared to Hasla weapon. And it's 20k carpentry.

Let's see magnificent's ocean onein arcanic : http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/20435/
    DPS 242.9
    Magic Attack 277
    Stamina 32
    Intelligence 27
    Spirit 22
    Still bad, and it's 30k carpentry

Now, let's see Epherium's rare one : http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/20439/
    Damage 276.9
    Magic Attack 317
    Stamina 34
    Intelligence 29
    Spirit 23
    Sooo, we've finaly catched up ^^ . And INT stat is pretty low, so to surpass Hasla's weapon you must regrade it at list to arcanic.
    But oh wait, it's 40k carpentry, a bunch of mats, and a chance of 1/16 to be able to reach Epherium, as there's 4 different illustrious and 4 different magnificents...

It's a non sense. What Hasla made : every weapon craft under Epherium is garbage. Even if it's 93.75% of your crafts that you're throwing away.

And now that we're starting to have a very few amount of people able to craft Epherium to surpass Hasla on the serv (and I've silenced the part where you spend 3k gold and 10k labor to craft it), you make it OBSOLETE ALREADY ?

See here : http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo/...n-farming.html
    Staff t2 will be :
    DPS 289.5
    Magical Attack +330
    Int 56
    Spirit 38

Staff t3 will be :
    DPS 302.1
    Magical Attack 345
    Int 59
    Spirit 39
    Well I admit the upgrade is not THAT good (if we pass on the fact that we'll be able to socket 2 more gems...) But still, t2 is equal to Arcanic Epherium, t3 is better. t3 is slighty better than Heroic Epherium.

Yes delphi is way better, but starting from Conqueror gear, you have only 1/112 chance to reach delphi (1/4 * 1/4 * 1/7) so the amount of gold and labor to craft it is insane (to put it simple : 99.1% of your crafts will never reach delphi). Let's talk about something reasonable, Epherium (6.25% chance is way easy to get that 0.9% ^^ ), you'll need to regrade you Epherium gear up to Unique or celestial (and doing so having a sligth chance to break it) to surpass completely t3 Hasla weapon.
    Is it worth it ? No.

Come on Trion, there's still time NOT to release t2 and t3 Hasla weapon, think about it. And answer that : why did you release it in the first place ? You hurt the game so bad doing so (weapon way better than armors, killing every pvp challenge, every "normal" gear progression).
    You basically offered everyone to have Epherium's weapon one week after the release.

If it was only me, I'd be glad if Hasla's weapon were completly remove from the game. We should all start again from the quest weapon and reward crafters that are making illustrious, magnificent gear by bying them, as they'd be worth something again.

tl;dr : don't realease t2 and t3 Hasla. t1 has already done so much damage to the game, don't make it worst.

- Lanfear.

PS : you'll easily notice that's I've not talked about the endless, mindless and hellish farm at the token spot, but there's nothing to add about that. Everyone that have been there understand that it's just a pain i.e. not an asset of the game.

Most people cannot afford crafted weapons and the people that have them one shot everyone practically. This levels the playing field. 20k+ gold for a top tier weapon is way out of reach for people...

Quote Originally Posted by Yetskii View Post
    Most people cannot afford crafted weapons and the people that have them one shot everyone practically. This levels the playing field. 20k+ gold for a top tier weapon is way out of reach for people...
    Again with that silly argument...You think you stand a change against a delphinad with your hasla? No. Not to mention that how many people even have delphinad? The only thing hasla weapons do is screw up crafting and force you to do that ******ed grind unless you want to get pawned by 90% of the server.

That's because making an Epherium costs a LOT and every weapon below epherium is not sellable (Hasla's better). So instead of selling their magnificent and illustrious weapon and attempting epherium again after that, the crafter just throw away any failed illustrious/magnificent and impact ALL the cost on the successful epherium when he sells it, which is logic.

This is all due to Hasla weapon hurting the game.

So now, instead of gettin one-shot by a select few people who have Epherium/Delphinad weapons allready, you´re going to be one-shot by everybody or do you have the gold to buy Epherium or Delphinad tier armor to counter a Hasla T3 weapon?

maybe not everyone in the game is meant to have the best weapon in the game a month after launch????

??????

and maybe u work for things like in every other mmo

?????

???????

Quote Originally Posted by Mingzie View Post
    maybe not everyone in the game is meant to have the best weapon in the game a month after launch????

??????

and maybe u work for things like in every other mmo

?????

???????
    Most MMO's give you gear from Dungeons and Raids. I do not hear armor crafters whining because GHA armour is pretty much the equiv of crafted armour, especially if the drop is arcane or higher. It is just the weapon crafters.

Most MMO's give you gear from Dungeons and Raids. I do not hear armor crafters whining because GHA armour is pretty much the equiv of crafted armour, especially if the drop is arcane or higher. It is just the weapon crafters.
    Crafted gear is complitely useless in 90% mmos?!?
    GHA armor is not that great for lot's of classes and it's slightly worse then magnificent.
    Also do you know that archeage is based around crafting?

thats because set and attribute bonuses between gha and crafted armor are completely different

u have magnificent lake set which gives 10% magic dmg as set bonus and stamina/int. u can potentially get hundreds of agi with epherium gale if you're an archer for example.

this isnt like every other carebear MMO (or at least it shouldn't have been) where the crafting system is put in as an afterthought and this also was not the case in the other versions of the game. the crafting system (craft, claim conquer) is and should be the crux of gear creation in this game and obtaining gear should be a feat, not a 'oh look, everyone on the server has the same 2nd BiS weapon but only 0.00001% of the players have delphinad which i will never get because i wantd my welfare weapon instead of a crafting system that makes sense'

using the argument '90% of other mmos..' is ridiculous beyond all belief. every mmo has their unique characteristics, let archeage have this

Logging in just to upvote this thread.

But dont try to hard stating reasonable arguments, it wont take you far in games forums. People are only about greed. Every reason why people cannot have 95% BiS item is bad for them and they will argue against it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast