+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shattered Sea/ Miroir Tundra

Shattered Sea/ Miroir Tundra

In korean version 1.7. there was a fishing area for ice fishing north of karkasse. But the fishing rod AND the way to this area is locked. Will it come with 1.7b ?
    Is it planned that you see the area but get ported out, as if the areal isnt passable?!

Would be great to get an answer.

On PTS, the area is there and you can look at the map part, is it terrain blocked?

yes its there but i get ported back if i try to enter the zone...thats the reason why i ask ^^ i wanted to look in the area and got ported out.

4.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #4
    Senior Producer
    Miroir Tundra is planned for 1.7b so it'll be inaccessible at this time. Sorry for the confusion!

-Khro

thank you for the answer ^^ then i can let it be getting in there somehow

Man that is messed up man i all made my fishing boots t3 cause u thought i could get them to t4 or i wouldn't have even bothered making them at all I really wish u could have said something sooner or maybe not shown t4 boot till u could get the mat to make them. I think those that where hurt by this should get something. See 20k proficiency are a lot easier to sell than 15k a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeShengSheng View Post
    Man that is messed up man i all made my fishing boots t3 cause u thought i could get them to t4 or i wouldn't have even bothered making them at all I really wish u could have said something sooner or maybe not shown t4 boot till u could get the mat to make them. I think those that where hurt by this should get something. See 20k proficiency are a lot easier to sell than 15k a lot easier.
    I don't think anyone was really "hurt" by this. The proficiency armor isn't really meant for selling as it's more of a personal craft to use for whatever proficiency you're focusing on. Odds are if you are making the boots, you will be using it as you will need 120k fishing to even fish for the glacial lobster in the Tundra. You're not exactly "hurt" because it was your choice in making it and it's just the risk and reward of business. No one is obligated to compensate you for mistakes you made.

Not hurt, but I did the same thing hoping for t4 boots... It is however misleading to say "Get these fish at this area!" when the area is locked. I dont believe we should be compensated, but i do believe that they should not mislead their players by putting inaccessible materials into crafting recipes. As I along with others, see the recipe, look at the map, and head over to the area, expecting to be able to go there. Not much people would see the recipe, look at the map, then look up the area on the forums to see if its available. But im just glad i know its coming soon i guess...

I'm sure they didn't intend for it to be misleading. 1.7 was split into two parts and we all know that nothing ever splits perfectly. They probably did all the map updating at once to avoid doing it again in part b. Of those who went there and got ported out, it's expected to see some that would just shrug it off and wait, and some that would try to make a bigger deal out of it and drill it for everything they could get. Unfortunately that's just the mindset that some people have, if someone touched you and you didn't want the to, sue them for everything because it made you distressed.

Whether they intended it or not, it's misleading. It's an item that was added, but can't be created. It puts three of the professions at a disadvantage since they can't get the bonuses that the rest can. I wanted it for the metalwork and commerce bonuses.

Imagine this similar scenario: Microsoft announces that Windows 11 has voice chat as one of the new features of the OS. You buy the upgrade to the OS and install it. Then you trying to use the feature and find that it doesn't work. So you spend a bunch of time trying to figure out what you're doing wrong, then finally call customer support just to be told "Oh yea, we haven't enabled the servers for that service yet. It should start working in a couple months."

It looks like either they have poor communication with their customers and/or didn't bother to test all the new stuff before releasing it to us. Either way, it makes them look bad. If they knew about it, a simple note in the patch notes would have been nice. If they didn't know about it, their testing needs to be improved.

+ Reply to Thread