+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: I need an Official answer here, before we go mentally unstable. CAR NERFS.

Exclamation CAR NERFS - We have been heard! Cars getting fixed, Official response!

Hello everyone. So I've crafted my Timber Coupe just A DAY ago, piece by piece as a project together with a guildmate of mine (2 cars), and today I woke up to this..

* Fixed an issue that allowed some car speeds to be increased in an unintended manner. Cars now have a max cap speed:
    - Apex Squall: 22 m/s
    - Timber Coupe: 24 m/s
    - Comet Speedster: 28 m/s
    Now.. before I go crazy, let me "introduce" myself. I am a guy whos trying to keep as much faith into this game as possible, put up with countless of nerfs, buffs, changes, hacks, bugs, exploits and I rarely, if at all, ever complain about how much myself and the general playerbase has been affected by all of that crap. Been from Greece, I've learned the hard way, I guess.

Anyway, after crafting my Timber Coupe like A DAY ago, I've restored alot of fun, energy and will to keep playing this game, made new plans of how to use it as efficient as possible, and generally, I was excited to even login into the game after work to do stuff with it. Keep in mind, I am just a normal hardworking player, running tons of larders and other stuff to make my living ingame, every little piece of gold counts.

And all of a sudden, A DAY after I make my Coupe, you come right into my face (and many other people with cars) and SPIT ON IT, just like that. On my guild, I think we got about 10 cars, out of which 3 were completed within the last 3 or 4 days and a few more are on their way.

Now, this is what I believe it should happen. For starters, I wont even be arsed talking about compensation, because quite frankly, I'm bored to even see this word anymore in ArcheAge, nor I wanna cry for free stuff whenever sh*t hits the fan. Then, I'd like some Official answer here as to why on earth this is happening. For some, the car project, takes up to two or three months, we deserve to know EXACTLY why. Secondly, you NEED to rethink of what you are doing. Either leave the cars as it is, or provide a less pathetic "normalization". Go for 28m/s on all cars. Or go with 30m/s on all cars. Or go with 28m/s for Apex Squall, 29m/s for Timber Coupe and 30m/s for Comet. At this point, I hardly care if I paid 1200 Gilda instead of 800 Gilda or which car is the best and all that crap. I only want to not see everyones hard work go to waste, no matter blue, red or orange.

With what you are going to do, for real, there are MOUNTS out there with their speed buff, fully geared and with Songcraft that can actually get 22m/s as we speak. For last, I aint gonna say I'll quit, this and that cause honestly, I dont even know what I'll do.
    BUT what I can almost promise you is, myself and many many other peeps faith to keep up with this game is almost gone.

Fix it, before I start thinking that I should have never quit other games in order to play yours.

EDIT : Its getting funny over here. So, as if this whole decision wasnt already BAD (I'm being polite here), from what it seems, there is more to it. And since I started this thread, I'll update it further to inform as many people as possible of how you blatantly LIE to us in order to feed your greediness.
    You said this whole thing happens for a reason. A reason which is apparently already being fixed in a previous patch. Confirmed by many. For your viewing pleasure, Trion, here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLtV...ature=youtu.be
    Having said that, we have this marvelous gem here, http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/30813/ , which is probably one of your cash-shop items. Rumors talk about 5k credits, not confirmed but doesnt really matter..
    Let me tell you this, since you all already know where this is going.. Trion, wanna sell your new cash shop ticket ? Fine, of course you want and I'd probably buy it to upgrade my Timber Coupe, car nerf or not.. but doing it this way ? ♥♥♥♥ NO, I'd seriously rather just demolish everything and quit.
    Infact, I believe in the current state of this whole issue, you have two choices. Either come out and admit that you literally and blatantly lied to our face to feed your pockets in the near future, or that you had no idea about the so called "9000m/s car speed" exploit being fixed already from previous patches so your reason for nerfing the cars, is 100% invalid.

Whats it gonna be ?

EDIT#2 : Points/well written posts/feedback here (I am seriously doing as much as I can to keep your attention here Trion, hopefully even make it easier for you) :

Post,Post,Post,Post,Post,Post,Post,Post,Post,Post,Post,Post,Post,Post,Post,Post,Post,Post,Post,Post

A whole new thread about EVEN more ninja-nerfs that are beyond any recognition, to say the least.

and last but not least, please Trion, take a good look on this post. People like this guy, with such great responses and amazing points of why your car nerfs are one hundred percent correct.

EDIT#3 : Official response from Scapes. Cars getting a new fix. Read here.

Quote Originally Posted by Scapes View Post
    Then let's fix that. The team has shared the constructively critical feedback from ArcheAge's passionate drivers and XLGAMES agrees that the speed cap should be adjusted. We're finalizing the hard limit but it will be much faster than anything else on the road and will be uniform among the three cars. This change will likely arrive in the next build we receive but may take a little time to test and apply.

Thanks for keeping your feedback civil and on-point, really helped us convey that a change was warranted!
    I am beyond words. The community of this game, car drivers or not, managed to pull a "victory", in my book, over something really unjustified and wrong.

Thanks to every single one of you who contributed positively here and/or anywhere about this unfair subject, I am glad to see we can still be heard!

EDIT#4 : My personal stance on the matter, after the latest Livestream and the whole 30 m/s fix can be found here, aswell as more feedback of what fellow drivers think about the new fix @ pages 39++.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyleptic View Post
    You have nothing to bring in onto this conversation. Either be constructive or just don't write anything at all.

Many people made valid points here and they are right.

Putting hard work/efford to achieve a goal in game should never be nerfed/nullified. For some people it took months to get their cars, they worked very hard to get the gilda and the materials needed to build a car. I personally don't own a car (yet) but I'm planning to get me a Timber Coupe, however this nerf made me think twice and reconsider.

Nerfing an item, a mount, classes in game is never a good solution, it's just the easiest way for an attempt to a fix. But in the long run it never fixes said problem. A better solution is in my opinion, to fix the said bug/exploit and or buff other items, mounts, classes etc.

To OP, I think that max speed should be around 50m/s,, not lower. It is a car, it is supposed to ride fast. As you also stated earlier, driving a car and maintaining control over the car takes skill.
    You worked hard for it to get your car, you should keep it as is.

My 2 cents
    Hello again.

For starters, as the creator of this thread, my main interest was to trigger Trion's attention on the matter, the best I could. With that being said, the contribution was amazing and we achieved that goal.
    Now, I crafted my car ONE day before the nerf happened, which means I went from "as much speed as possible" to "hard cap speed" from one day to another. I did not even had the chance to enjoy cars pre-nerf, do crazy runs, jumps, spins, whatever. As you can understand, I'd probably have to be the most salty car owner here. Here is the case tho. Since this was announced, I knew, my car would never be "free" again, no matter how hard I complain or how many pages this thread reaches.
    As I stated before, I do not expect unrealistic things. Its obvious that XL/Trion wants this hard cap badly enough, but setting it at 22/24/28 m/s in the first place, was FUBAR.
    On the Livestream they said they are looking about 30m/s as the new hard cap. I'll be honest, straight and simple.

30 m/s for all cars, I can somewhat live with that.
    35 m/s for all cars, would be really nice.
    40 m/s for all cars, that would make me a happy f*cking jumping monkey.
    50 m/s for all cars, unrealistic and not really even needed. (again - considering XL/Trions stance on it).

Now, I am asking Scapes attention here, because I believe, with an open minded discussion and apart from the costumer - company thing, we can work this out.

Let me analyse it just a little bit better.

Currently, at 24 m/s, I can honestly tell you, there are MORE than many roads out there which you can achieve said speed and have ZERO issues driving your car while maintaining control. Not to mention about the useless thing eco fuel boost has become and the ability for mounts to catch you up so easy, its not even funny. Thus, this hard cap is a bad joke.

Luckily, that ONE day I had my uncapped car, I managed to do some trade runs. Some random but also a few on my usual trade route. As a new owner, believe me, I was driving with the "Summon Info" tab mostly open which means I remember quite a few speeds I could reach. Specifically on Mahadevi, Perinoor and Windscour, where my speed in now capped at 24 m/s, I could easily achieve 28 m/s without boost and thats even with holding my car back ("S" key) so I could maintain better control of the car. Hand in heart, I can tell you, above 30 m/s down a hill, you can still maintain control if you're focused enough and have the experience needed BUT you're still playing with fire. Still, there might be people out there who'd enjoy to play with fire, so I believe, giving them that gameplay experience is in your best interest as a company, Trion. In order to do so, eco fuel boost needs to have its own place. Either you can use it on a flat terrain to accelerate from ~15 m/s to 25 m/s and avoid a possible gank, or you can use it while your car is hitting ~28-30m/s downhill on its own, so you'll have your thrill, a laugh and a damn good time spinnin' forever and ever.

For the above reasons, I'd like Scapes to have a talk with me here and let us know, what are the chances we can expect better values than 30 m/s as stated, for our cars ? Do you even consider them or we shouldnt even try ?

EDIT#1 : Also again at Scapes. If I get a positive answer about my suggestions, I can go ahead and create small scale videos, giving you plenty of points, routes, fun reasons to have a car up to 35~40 m/s.

Thank you.

I thought the changes all made sense. I own a jeep irl, I wouldn't expect it to be faster than a rear wheel drive sportscar. Even the color red has a psychological effect on speed.

The other day I was involved in an accident in AA. I was driving along and a timbercoupe hit my car on the right side full speed. The timbercoupe, with its 4 wheel drive apparently has much more power/friction, and my car slid for maybe 300 feet, I didn't even know that was possible.

So, I guess im saying im sorry you feel slighted, but it just makes sense.

I'm just wondering what the speed of the timber coupe and the other cars were before the nerf?

I also want to say that i feel sorry for you. Trion/XL seems to change things without apparent reasons at all and I've seen many people drawing the short stick. I really feel like they need to listen to the community and suggest changes WE want to XL. Though it will probably never happen till way after most of the player base is tired and have left the game.

Like changing speed on Cars was the super important things to do in Archeage, totally gamebreaking, amirite?

/sarcasm off

Quote Originally Posted by Xiv Witchinghour View Post
    I'm just wondering what the speed of the timber coupe and the other cars were before the nerf?

I also want to say that i feel sorry for you. Trion/XL seems to change things without apparent reasons at all and I've seen many people drawing the short stick. I really feel like they need to listen to the community and suggest changes WE want to XL. Though it will probably never happen till way after most of the player base is tired and have left the game.
    There was no cap on the speed. Someone found out you could strategically place something like an elk on a car and then spam the turn left/right skills on the comet to go over 100 m/s. He went so fast the game autobanned him because it thought he was hacking.

As for OP, calm your ♥♥♥♥. You weren't ever going to hit that speed cap except for a few seconds going down hill(unless you want to tempt RNGesus and spam that speed boost skill). Cars still deliver 3-4 packs at a time much faster than any other vehicle/mount in the game right now

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Wayne View Post
    There was no cap on the speed. Someone found out you could strategically place something like an elk on a car and then spam the turn left/right skills on the comet to go over 100 m/s. He went so fast the game autobanned him because it thought he was hacking.
    This was fixed in 1.7a

So there is no reason to cap the speed.

Is trion now just going to nerf things for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Wayne View Post

As for OP, calm your ♥♥♥♥. You weren't ever going to hit that speed cap except for a few seconds going down hill(unless you want to tempt RNGesus and spam that speed boost skill). Cars still deliver 3-4 packs at a time much faster than any other vehicle/mount in the game right now
    It is actually super easy to hit that max and coast at it for a while. when doing down a hill you just have to hit the forward boost skill and it will easily take it up to about 30m/s or higher.
    I like sloths
    Kyrios - Nebins
    Reckoning - Nebins <Foot Fetish>
    Banned Apparently

With this change they just negated their lame excuse to have changed cars and subs to be gilda only. They claimed they were changed to gilda because vocation price was making other cars pointless to get... yet now they have completely negated any reason to ever buy an apex squall.

On the slight downhill run in haly without boost get over 24m/s.
    well until the patch. Thanks again trion. Another great choice to help players

Hadn't seen this, but seriously? How the hell can they use that reason to justify nerfing them down below what was naturally able to be achieved. Down very steep hills, the kind you will spin out on 2/4 times if you aren't careful my speedster was going 38m/s. So essentially they nerfed the speed/time of several of my runs because they refuse to just fix the glitch. Seriously when will you stop punishing your players. Game is always trying to push me into leaving, which sucks cause when they aren't screwing things up I enjoy it. But luckily Elite Dangerous came to Xbox One along with ESO....so keep pushing my buttons cause I am more than capable of moving on now. Don't get me wrong I understand the need to deal with this glitch, but they nerf the normal speed along with that cause by the glitch. As always 1 step forward 2 steps back. Tell us more how archeum coming into the world has increased. Oh wait it did you just have to collect 5 times as much of the types dropping now. ^^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast