+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Decorations/Trees to prevent player to drive through my garden?

Decorations/Trees to prevent player to drive through my garden?

Hi fellow players

I know this is a strange question, but I'd like to know if there is any possibility to stop players to drive over my garden. My house and scarecrow is in a special place and I don't have any neighbors. But all the trade runners (route Gweonid to Halcyona) are driving exactly over my flowers/chickens and this drives me crazy, lol

I've tried to build a fence, bushes and a few different (small) trees, but they can still drive over my farm... only car drivers can't enter it anymore, which makes me at least a bit happy. Driving over my farm saves them only 1-4 seconds, so it wouldn't be a big deal if I "block" them to do so.

Do you have any idea how I could stop them to drive over my poor flowers?

Thanks!

Trees will block them, but only for the first 24 hours...and not if they drive through before the tree renders. Unless you want to turn your entire property into a tree farm, which haulers find annoying, not much you can do.

Please tell me you're on the server Kyprosa, it sounds so much fun to come park my ironclad on your flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi View Post
    Trees will block them, but only for the first 24 hours...and not if they drive through before the tree renders. Unless you want to turn your entire property into a tree farm, which haulers find annoying, not much you can do.
    Thanks! I didn't know about the 24 hours... I don't want to plant only trees on my farm, so I guess I have to accept all the rowdies, driving over my cute little flowers. Too bad that those farm carts don't react similar to cars, which can't drive over bushes/fences/etc

Quote Originally Posted by ravenoir View Post
    Please tell me you're on the server Kyprosa, it sounds so much fun to come park my ironclad on your flowers.
    Sorry, I'm from Ezi. Feel free to visit me there

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraie View Post
    Thanks! I didn't know about the 24 hours... I don't want to plant only trees on my farm, so I guess I have to accept all the rowdies, driving over my cute little flowers. Too bad that those farm carts don't react similar to cars, which can't drive over bushes/fences/etc

Sorry, I'm from Ezi. Feel free to visit me there
    That's a bit too far off of my road for just some flowers.

Seriously, it can be hard enough driving a wagon/hauler away from the pack crafting stations already (especially the Gweonid one on my server) without constantly getting stuck. The last thing we need is people deliberately placing specific furniture to block driving.

I realise you are talking about people driving across your garden to save a few seconds, not because they have to, but all it takes is another couple of farms being placed next to you and they will have to drive across someones land to get where they are going.

havent run trade packs for ages but i know i would take every possible shortcut to get the time down on doing these boring runs.

why not be nice to the traders and produce a nice little pathway for them, line it with fencing and flowers...embrace the traders
    REPORTED FOR SCAMMING
    REPORTED FOR SPAM
    REPORTED FOR UNPRODUCTIVE BEHAVIOR
    REPORTED FOR THREATENING BEHAVIOR

Quote Originally Posted by ravenoir View Post
    Just take screenshots and report the children for griefing, OP

This is why I live in a PVP zone <3

Quote Originally Posted by Tephra View Post
    Just take screenshots and report the children for griefing, OP

This is why I live in a PVP zone <3
    (S)He could indeed do that, but I don't think (s)he'll get far with that sadly. Unless your farm is effectively blocked off for extended times, nothing is done about it. People driving through pixels isn't considered griefing either... (Also, learn to take a joke, dear lords)

Quote Originally Posted by CariadocThorne View Post
    I realise you are talking about people driving across your garden to save a few seconds, not because they have to, but all it takes is another couple of farms being placed next to you and they will have to drive across someones land to get where they are going.
    I understand your point. In my case I don't have any neighbors, it's just my house and my farm in the middle of grassland. It's one of these hidden housing zones in Dewstone with enough space for 2-3 houses. Since it's a peaceful little spot I enjoy sitting on a bank, and watching over my garden while I'm chatting with my guild mates... I'm like an old woman enjoying her pension
    But those trade runners are making me crazy. Most of them don't care about the few seconds they spare and don't drive through my garden. It's really just a super short time saving... I've also used to make trade runs and it's really not worth it to drive through that farm, you even have to drive a curve to reach it. Sometimes I think only bots drive through my garden. Once a friend of mine planted a tree next to my farm and there were a few traders driving against this tree for over 5 minutes while all the others simply avoided this tree. Several times during this day, always the same players...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast