Closed Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: 7/18/15 -- Unplanned Downtime: Aranzeb [RESOLVED]

ive said it many times b4 ill say it again, their tech support is the absolute WORST out of ANY GAME IVE EVER PLAYED IN THE PAST 15 YEARS. btw, XL/Trion financials and company information is public and if you take the time to look, they have a WELL OF MONEY that it is very pathetic and sad that this game is literally the ONLY game that ive had so many problems with, EVER. quite pathetic.... keep shoving P2W boxes down our throats and keep hoarding the money, ♥♥♥♥ upgrading your servers, tech/support teams, etc. POCKET POCKET POCKET! $_$ you could NOT make it more obvious what this company is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Arue View Post
    Trion was excellent at extending subscription time with Rift, through all downtime of the game. Why on earth would anyone go roll a new charachter on a server on another continent till a North American one becomes available to them?

Asking for a jesture of good will, towards an entire server unable to make new charachters on a North American server (due to the timing of the outage) isn't exactly entitled.

I know if my internet was out for a day, I wouldn't be paying for that day. It's not entitlement, it's common-sense towards payment of service.
    with all the sniveling about not playing the point is you can play. you have chosen not to. You do have an option to keep yourself entertained and keep playing the game. You never know you might find EU a interesting change of pace. Some of us use EU to make gold to buy apex for our account without devoting resources from your main account on NA to that purpose...(hint hint) . You can run NA and EU from your account - but the gold, loyalty and labor is separate for each domain.
    Or of course you can sit on the forums complaining about how horrible it all is

Celestrata do you guys run failover servers? if not might can I suggest you look into it? save some greif being able to switch to backup server to get game up and allowing you to find the cause of the issue in main server without impacting heavily on your clients?

so are you suggesting that each server should have a twin running in the background keeping up with whats changing on the main server....lol...right. Fail over means rollback in this architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by x Kurohyou x View Post
    Extending the event time, while appreciated, is not the solution here. Some people only play on the weekends because it's the only time they actually play the game, and this event was a godsend to them. So the event is extended, but they still get screwed because they won't be able to make use of the double XP they would have otherwise enjoyed had the server not gone down (practically all day at this point). Someone mentioned perhaps implementing and distributing 1-hour +200% XP pots for every hour the server was down, though idk how hard that would be to do. This would allow people who mostly play on weekends(and even those who don't) to make use of double XP on their time/terms.

Aside from double XP, people are also missing out on Honor from CR/GR/MM/Halcy, Labor, Abyss, and other such daily activities. So how does Trion/XL plan to compensate our losses on the above-mentioned? Isn't it about time Trion/XL started going above and beyond for their paying customers and not just doing the bare minimum every time there is an issue? Are Trion/XL not worried about the alarming number of players dropping from the game recently? Wake the ♥♥♥♥ up already. /rant
    Post's like this one makes me wonder. Do you ever get get sick and just want it to go away? Obviously then you cant ask for compensation only to be cured of it. With that said,Grow a set and get over the compensation. They are doing what is necessary to get the server back online. That should be more than enough to compensate your "loss of potential honor and trade packs".

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmyg View Post
    Well if they'd get a handle on there crap and do something about the problem instead of looking over it maybe people wouldn't want compensation. No other server is losing XP or there fishing tourney.
    "handle their crap instead of looking over it" 1. that is a contradictory statement. 2. you have no idea what they are doing to fix it, or what the problem is. 3. If you think they should do something, why don't you suggest something constructive instead of being an ignorant tool and just saying "do something."

its always unscheduled always just right there out of no where, have you trion ♥♥♥♥ups bothered to care for the community and give us a bit of a warning? jesus

im thinking more like 2 server front ends running on separate machines (or VMs) with game data base running on a nas, the server front can both link to the database on the nas so they have the same data and when they need to drop a server the can bring up the other one. but then again it depends on how the game files/link have been written in the first place.

Guys I know how to fix the problem! ♥♥♥♥♥ about it on the forums!

I'm new at ArcheAge. It's Saturday here, and I can only log in to the server under maintainance. I understand you have problems to fix, but how about you let me log into another server so I can have a little fun, since I did pay for it.

Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast