+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First Attempt at Regrade

First Attempt at Regrade

Level 50, new to the gear grind. So I did some reading on regrades and how it works. Everything made it sound like the lower levels of regrading were a given, then less likely, then possibility to degrade, as you progressed up the grade level ladder.

But I just tried my first regrade ever, a grand T1 obsidian katana to rare, with a weapon regrade scroll. And it failed. Grand. It is literally almost the lowest possible grade! And it failed. 80 gold down the toilet on what I thought was a given. Then I said "Oh, this is what everyone keeps crying about on the forums."

Can someone explain or tell me the odds of a weapon regrade from grand to rare? Were the odds worse because it was an obsidian weapon? How did this fail?
    I'm back baby.

Aurorian Knights
    Echonaught - East (Tahyang)

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrendil View Post
    Wow thank you! Holy crap even grand to rare has 60% chance of fail :O wooooowww

100% chance of destruction on everything after divine. 2.5% chance success rate. How does anyone in the game a mythic piece of ANYTHING. Now all the forum posts suddenly make sense to me. lmao mind blown.
    I'm back baby.

Aurorian Knights
    Echonaught - East (Tahyang)

God I love these threads; they make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

to be honest you are lucky that you researched now
    when I was new I made an obsidian staff grand ofc freshly crafted
    and I had some gold so I regraded it all the way to unique in one go
    then I felt like this was gonna be super easy and celest wouldnt be a big deal and it went down to arcane
    on arcane it literally stayed for 21 tries in a row
    it did not move back up a single time, I was really high and kept buying apex to get it back to heroic wtf brain
    at some point i realized i was burning all my money and logged off, never touched that staff again
    sold it to a friend for 100g (it was an actual friend, not a random person)
    and he got it to celest like 3 times so far and always yolos it and it goes down xD

RNG is fun in the long run, but you need to make sure you have enough gold to reliably get your desired grade back if you fail and downgrade
    and you should usually not regrade extremely crucial things
    i for myself I like to buy weapons on the grade i want them, because failing regrades on a weapon really really hurts
    and for armor i usually save up a lot more than I would need to get the result I want, just in case I get really unlucky
    yesterday for example I got my unique shoes to celest on first try (37.5% chance for that to happen cuz I used charm)
    then I got my unique helmet upgraded to celest after a fail with no downgrade and it going all the way to arcane and back up twice, then going celest (with charms)
    after that I decided to go for celestial buff, and here the RNG comes in again
    my sleeves went unique > celest immediately without any charm just like that
    and my sash went to arcane and then fail > fail > fail > heroic > unique > arcane > fail > fail > heroic > unique > celest
    so I spent 36 gold to make my sleeves celest and didnt even boither using a charm, just like my shoes went celest easy for just 250g
    but then I had to spend almost 1000g each on my helmet and sash

someone with worse luck could have used 1500g+ on each of those 4 regrades
    and a lucky one could have used just 50g gold for each of them and gotten all celest on first go

it's a gamble and you get to chose if you wanna take it or not
    if you like to gamble or feel the risk is small, then just regrade
    if you are easily upset and take things seriously, or just really like consistency like me.... then only regrade worthless stuff or only regrade armor/sails (what I do)
    and simply save lots of gold and buy your desired items at desired rarity on the auction house
    it's definitely more satisfying when you save up 15k gold and buy that staff you wanted
    than just getting it regraded by being lucky
    because being lucky implies that 90%+ of the time it won't go your way and you'll just lose stuff instead
    when looking at the abovementioned regrade chances table, keep in mind that those charms increase chances by 1.5 to 2.0x of the normal values
    so if you are not using charms you have to divine success chances by 1.5 and sometimes even by 2 (superior red)
    thats pretty important since sometimes it's effective to try with a charm to increase your chances, while sometimes it's better to just try several attempts (if you are on low grade and the charms seem unreasonably expensive compared to the regrade cost of a scoll+ one try)
    Mari juana (without space)
    Jakar Server
    Discord Contact: Cohiba#0420

Videos here
    Gear Calculator here

Just do it!
    Come, visit Ollo - a tranquil resort destination! Enjoy PvE without the hassle of getting ganked. Trade all your packs with no worries. Then kick back in your lawn chair and enjoy a Duhuta's in peace.

OK, one second, I'm confused now. What is this chart saying, that you have less of a chance with a resplendent scroll than with a normal one? These numbers look backwards as hell to me. Is this some kind of ♥♥♥♥ed up math or am I stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Apox View Post

100% chance of destruction on everything after divine. 2.5% chance success rate. How does anyone in the game a mythic piece of ANYTHING. Now all the forum posts suddenly make sense to me. lmao mind blown.
    You are misreading the chart.

Grand to Rare has a 60% success rate.
    Breaking starts at Celestial level.

Where are you getting 2.5%

Unless you mean the chance without charms.
    Altimar
    Master Paladin, Noob Doomlord, Tanky af Templar, lolSkullknight
    "There are no casuals in this house." -Morsakin

Despite the success percentages listed on the 'regrade chance chart' we have all seen...

Grand -> Rare seems to be by far the most difficult, and most expensive regrade step. Which is total bonkers. At least, this seems to be the case since they changed the rates and made it "easier". Rare -> Arcane is easy by comparison, but still no where near as easy as it used to be before the regrade changes were made. And of course once you get to Arcane/Heroic it's a cake-walk, which is pretty silly imo.
    Personally, I am under the impression that Obsidian gear has an inherently lower regrade success rate than normal crafted gear, especially at Grand grade. I have regraded all different types of gear, and in my experience Bound gear (specifically obsidian and auroria armor) seems to have noticeably lower success rates. What's that you say? RNG is RNG? Ahh thats right! It's all just a coincidence that bound gear that is easier and cheaper to initially obtain without any RNG should consistently cost 3-4 times as much to regrade. The developers had no idea that people would be crafting batches of these T1 and regrading them in an attempt to get Epic+ grades, which are usually unobtainable on the tradeable crafted counterparts. Yup, the devs are clueless and they would totally never add an extra gold sink to compensate for easy non-RNG high-grade gear... (sarcasm is fun)

Quote Originally Posted by Apox View Post

At least now there are those charts, before it was all hearsay, lesson of this, don't do regrade until you are at a higher level and with gold to spare, or better yet, buy th armor/weapon and the grade you want, it's cheaper, for example, celestial weapons/armor, you are buying ppl's failure at divine, so often you buy for the cost of the regrade alone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast