+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: So yeah, Chinese Archeage....

So yeah, Chinese Archeage....

Came out Aug 6th, leveling up a guy right now, the game seems a lot more polished and fleshed out than the American version. The day servers came up there was a large queue on the most popular server but the company set the game up with about 10+ servers to start, so there was no problem and most of it was sorted out within an hour, launch was super smooth.

I'm not sure if it's because it starts with 1.8, but the game looks nice, and finished. There is this really cool flash intro menu that sort of floats up out of water on your screen, it's hard to explain but looks really nice.

In comparison to all of the toggling I've had to do with Glyph, my firewall, windows defender, norton anti-virus, etc etc when I booted the game up for Tencent's Archeage... it just worked. No problems, never got booted, d/c'd, or had any of the other problems we had at launch.

None of the mounts/gliders/cars/costumes are normalized from what I can see, and Larceny is completely different, with mobs dropping larceny openable armor and weapons about once every three or four kills. The armor and weapons can be broken down into archeum. Interestingly enough, purses don't give raw gold, but some archeum and these shells you use as a second currency.

The servers are capped at 40 until mid August when they open up 50, they open up 55 sometime in September. Yeah, so crafting is stuck at.. conqueror? Also, I'm not sure if this is permanent, but it seems like all crafted gear works like obsidian, where if u put it on, it's bound to your character. Dropped gear is tradeable, and so far... seemingly much better stat-wise than crafted armor.

Auroria technically is open but haven't checked it out yet. The Sanddeep story arc doesn't have a portal back to the East Continent for leveling past 40, gonna check if those zones are even open later.

I don't quite understand the whole cash shop/currency system yet, but it seems like the cash shop is much much cheaper (40 gem for labor pots, which equates to about... 10 cents US after conversion?) and a lot of the stupid costumes (Yata plushie suit etc) are all temporary stuffs. There are two systems of currency aside from the credit/gems (there is no APEX as far as I can see btw), regular gold, and shells.

The shells are for buying seeds, mats, and most crafting stuff you get from the general merchant, as well as regrade costs, repair costs, etc. You can get shells from leveling up doing quests and doing dailies, and I think from opening purses, maybe?

Also, there are these weird greenhouse things that come in packages you can purchase from the shop, you put them on your farm and they are really cool looking glass cases that grow certain vegetables.

Anyways, if anyone is interested in playing, I am in a guild that picked me up on the #1 option 6 server, name is my archeage forum handle. Honestly I'm having a blast again with the leveling, and the game just... looks better, I don't know how to explain it.. maybe DX11? It feels like this might be closer to the Korean version?

Of course, it's all in Chinese but, it's kinda fun running around being like, "Good day to you fine sir" and people are all wondering what you are saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYXSfUGLucw < Small 10 min overview of china archage. Sorry for bad mic im sick!
    http://youtu.be/gcwStJLrdpQ<mob drops and gold/shells explained

Also, I think you need a chinese bank account to pay for the VIP(subscription) so im paying a chinese friend to buy it for me in exchange for steam money lol.Also if you are on my server we shoudl start an english guild. Finally and most importantly im trying to get a big document of all the itemsin archeage so you can search the item in english andit will havethe chinese spelling next toit. its a work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Skhull View Post
    Came out Aug 6th, leveling up a guy right now, the game seems a lot more polished and fleshed out than the American version. The day servers came up there was a large queue on the most popular server but the company set the game up with about 10+ servers to start, so there was no problem and most of it was sorted out within an hour, launch was super smooth.

I'm not sure if it's because it starts with 1.8, but the game looks nice, and finished. There is this really cool flash intro menu that sort of floats up out of water on your screen, it's hard to explain but looks really nice.

In comparison to all of the toggling I've had to do with Glyph, my firewall, windows defender, norton anti-virus, etc etc when I booted the game up for Tencent's Archeage... it just worked. No problems, never got booted, d/c'd, or had any of the other problems we had at launch.

None of the mounts/gliders/cars/costumes are normalized from what I can see, and Larceny is completely different, with mobs dropping larceny openable armor and weapons about once every three or four kills. The armor and weapons can be broken down into archeum. Interestingly enough, purses don't give raw gold, but some archeum and these shells you use as a second currency.

The servers are capped at 40 until mid August when they open up 50, they open up 55 sometime in September. Yeah, so crafting is stuck at.. conqueror? Also, I'm not sure if this is permanent, but it seems like all crafted gear works like obsidian, where if u put it on, it's bound to your character. Dropped gear is tradeable, and so far... seemingly much better stat-wise than crafted armor.

Auroria technically is open but haven't checked it out yet. The Sanddeep story arc doesn't have a portal back to the East Continent for leveling past 40, gonna check if those zones are even open later.

I don't quite understand the whole cash shop/currency system yet, but it seems like the cash shop is much much cheaper (40 gem for labor pots, which equates to about... 10 cents US after conversion?) and a lot of the stupid costumes (Yata plushie suit etc) are all temporary stuffs. There are two systems of currency aside from the credit/gems (there is no APEX as far as I can see btw), regular gold, and shells.

The shells are for buying seeds, mats, and most crafting stuff you get from the general merchant, as well as regrade costs, repair costs, etc. You can get shells from leveling up doing quests and doing dailies, and I think from opening purses, maybe?

Also, there are these weird greenhouse things that come in packages you can purchase from the shop, you put them on your farm and they are really cool looking glass cases that grow certain vegetables.

Anyways, if anyone is interested in playing, I am in a guild that picked me up on the #1 option 6 server, name is my archeage forum handle. Honestly I'm having a blast again with the leveling, and the game just... looks better, I don't know how to explain it.. maybe DX11? It feels like this might be closer to the Korean version?

Of course, it's all in Chinese but, it's kinda fun running around being like, "Good day to you fine sir" and people are all wondering what you are saying.
    Then trino says tha s xl games... Bla bla bla ... Wierd dont you guys yhing... Is trions issues and greed imo... Just saying

Would be so awesome if 75% of NA/EU population could be convinced to move to China servers. It's laughable that we're the only region with normalized ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

@Celestrata Tell us again that mount/car/glider normalization was XL games' decision. I want to hear it one more time for the laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramms View Post
    Then trino says tha s xl games... Bla bla bla ... Wierd dont you guys yhing... Is trions issues and greed imo... Just saying
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxO6FyLWKM4

Well if we could make one english patch would be fine for me... The issue is trion lures and lies. About is xl games fault then we see that is not true and still ppl defend there bs crap excuses...

If it work the best think wouldd be spam xl games emails with trion excuses and our complains...

and invevitably everyones will be complaining about etc etc p2w etc etc in a month like normal

Lies? "guaranteed to be more effective than a donkey when it comes to underwater travel."

http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/...ht-submarines/

NEVER!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast