+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: How much is the overall cost of an upgradable galleon, need suggestion from galleon owners.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    The slums of Savannah.
    Posts
    1,640

    Question How much is the overall cost of an upgradable galleon, need suggestion from galleon owners.

    Hey guys, I really want to have an upgradable galleon to help the guild in naval warfare and such, however I'm having a hard time knowing how much gold I would need to spend on it, and yeah, I know prices vary between servers, but if you could give me a few points on how much you guys spent and which server I would appreciate.

    A few questions

    1 - Lutesong or (West)Galleon?
    2 - For naval warfare in general, not including Leviathan, Naval Cannon or High Angle ones? Ppl have mentioned that the naval ones had a bug or something.
    3- Upgrade order: Also in what order should I upgrade, I always thought it was Sails -> Cannons -> Figurehead, then again, not sure where rudder fits there and how the regrade usually goes.


    I'm looking to have a divine/epic ones, but I'm not sure on prices tho, if I invest like 20-30k what do you guys think I will end up?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Usually sat in a chair.....
    Posts
    1,626
    Jump on the test server, one of the bot commands gives you tons of resources for ship upgrades and you get chunks of cash. Nothing better than first hand knowledge.
    I've started to support global warming in the hope that it will melt all the snowflakes...

  3. #3
    cannons are going to be the most expensive. Hard to regrade. You need the rudder around 800 planks 800 per. and that is not the matts just the prints .
    at least that is the price on the EZ AH cluster. get a harpoon and 7 cannons divine are around 2k to 3k per if you can find them after that they get real expensive.
    i would do some luskas to get regrade scrolls and try to get cannons up if that fails and you don't get real lucky just buy them high angle on one side and some kind of
    ant person cannon on the other. just my 2cents

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    439
    High angle cannons are the only ones that are not bugged at the moment, all others do less dps than they are supposed to.
    (Unique High Angle has the same dps as a Celestial Large Caliber)
    Even if they fix it High-angle would still be one of the top cannons, so that would be my recommendation.

    I personally prefer the Lutesong since the radar is better accessible, less no line of sight issues and its harder to board from the back.

    For Upgrading, I wouldn't use a specific order...
    I'd keep sails 1-2 grades above cannons and just gradually upgrade 1 part after the other, Rudder you'll want at Mistral and for the Figurehead it depends which one you choose.
    Tsunami for example is best at Unique until you want to upgrade it to Divine where it gets its next ability, then Legendary would be the next Step it recieves an ability at.
    (I personally keep it at Unique since it gains the turns at Unique and upgrading it higher would add a lot of weight that would slow the ship down)
    Charred Bonekraal Figurehead on the other side is basically useless below Divine (gains some ramming damage at unique, but thats barely any difference) and really starts to get interesting at Legendary with the Speed Buff and the AoE Damage on destruction.

    With 20-30K you'd probably end up in the Area of Legendary Sails and Divine cannons, Mistral Rudder, Divine Figurehead, but thats just a very rough estimate and VERY RNG dependant, could easily be a worse result.

  5. #5
    erm 1.1k for the design xD 5 fabric pack = 60g? xD 5 iron pack...15g? xD 5 lumber pack = 60g? xD sooo tadaaa 1.3k total to make the ship upgrades are all rngesus

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    600
    Acquiring seebreeze designs for all parts and getting your boat up to 75% potential, about 35 grand.

    100% potential, 150 grand... ish.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    The slums of Savannah.
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Chereazi View Post
    High angle cannons are the only ones that are not bugged at the moment, all others do less dps than they are supposed to.
    (Unique High Angle has the same dps as a Celestial Large Caliber)
    Even if they fix it High-angle would still be one of the top cannons, so that would be my recommendation.

    I personally prefer the Lutesong since the radar is better accessible, less no line of sight issues and its harder to board from the back.

    For Upgrading, I wouldn't use a specific order...
    I'd keep sails 1-2 grades above cannons and just gradually upgrade 1 part after the other, Rudder you'll want at Mistral and for the Figurehead it depends which one you choose.
    Tsunami for example is best at Unique until you want to upgrade it to Divine where it gets its next ability, then Legendary would be the next Step it recieves an ability at.
    (I personally keep it at Unique since it gains the turns at Unique and upgrading it higher would add a lot of weight that would slow the ship down)
    Charred Bonekraal Figurehead on the other side is basically useless below Divine (gains some ramming damage at unique, but thats barely any difference) and really starts to get interesting at Legendary with the Speed Buff and the AoE Damage on destruction.

    With 20-30K you'd probably end up in the Area of Legendary Sails and Divine cannons, Mistral Rudder, Divine Figurehead, but thats just a very rough estimate and VERY RNG dependant, could easily be a worse result.
    Thanks all for the advice, one very noobish quesiton, do ppl regrade rudders? And what's so great about Mistral, weight?

    I'm thinking of maybe farming the gold and buying my luck, but damn the ship parts r pretty damn high, so not sure if it's worth it or no.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    654
    An estimation formula for 50/50 chance is (cost of regrade scroll + 15g + cost of mats ) * 2^N where N is the number of steps.

    So if you wanted a unique sail, that would be 4 regrade steps from grand to unique on average:

    (15g + 15g + 14g) * 2^4 = 44 * 16 = 704g

    Repeat for other sail, 4-8 cannons, figurehead. What most people do is buy 2^N of the items, and regrade the entire set one attempt, then do a second pass with the ones that didn't go boom, then a third, etc. That is preferred over grabbing on item and trying to upgrade it straight to what you want.

    And buying items that show up on AH for less than the average regrade cost according to formula isn't a bad plan.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Goethe View Post
    Thanks all for the advice, one very noobish quesiton, do ppl regrade rudders? And what's so great about Mistral, weight?

    I'm thinking of maybe farming the gold and buying my luck, but damn the ship parts r pretty damn high, so not sure if it's worth it or no.
    No, rudders get upgraded, not regraded (no RNG involved)
    When you upgrade rudders they get more responsive, actually react to your input with a very small delay instead of something that feels like multiple seconds, also you achieve maximum turnspeed a lot faster, thus you can countersteer faster as well (the rudder moves faster from 1 side to the other)
    Up to Mistral the Changes were very noticable, from Mistral to Seastorm I barely noticed any difference and upgrading to Seastorm costs a few K gold alone, so sticking to Mistral for a start is definitely good enough.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    The slums of Savannah.
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Setrict View Post
    An estimation formula for 50/50 chance is (cost of regrade scroll + 15g + cost of mats ) * 2^N where N is the number of steps.

    So if you wanted a unique sail, that would be 4 regrade steps from grand to unique on average:

    (15g + 15g + 14g) * 2^4 = 44 * 16 = 704g

    Repeat for other sail, 4-8 cannons, figurehead. What most people do is buy 2^N of the items, and regrade the entire set one attempt, then do a second pass with the ones that didn't go boom, then a third, etc. That is preferred over grabbing on item and trying to upgrade it straight to what you want.

    And buying items that show up on AH for less than the average regrade cost according to formula isn't a bad plan.
    That's actually a pretty awesome formula, I use it and saw a chance for an epic at 5632, at least now I have a reference if I wanna buy my luck, or the number of sails I need to create( 2 ^ 7 = 128) for a high-chance at epic.

    EDIT:

    Quote Originally Posted by Chereazi View Post
    No, rudders get upgraded, not regraded (no RNG involved)
    When you upgrade rudders they get more responsive, actually react to your input with a very small delay instead of something that feels like multiple seconds, also you achieve maximum turnspeed a lot faster, thus you can countersteer faster as well (the rudder moves faster from 1 side to the other)
    Up to Mistral the Changes were very noticable, from Mistral to Seastorm I barely noticed any difference and upgrading to Seastorm costs a few K gold alone, so sticking to Mistral for a start is definitely good enough.
    Awesome, didn't know that, I also see quite q lot of ppl using 2 foresails for weight purposes, I wonder about maneuverability tho.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts