+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Consolidated Q/A regarding Merge/Transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Pines View Post
    Less than 72 hours until the servers go down and there seem to be a ton of unanswered questions.

How many people feel good about starting over given how hostile and unfriendly toward the players this entire process has been?

Why merge 2 servers into 1 while driving so many players away in the process? Then starting brand new servers that leave us with the same number of servers we started with?

Does anyone believe this isn't going to happen again soon?
    Does anyone even feel like they are trying to be fair about the process?

Trion is going to make a ton of new money from all the Appraisal Certs we have to buy. How much money are they going to make from the of us that might still be playing and use the Store to help us?

I spent massive sums in the Store and today feel like Trion has no respect for us as players or customers. If your not a PVPer it doesn't feel like they care very much. When they took land from PvPers they compensated those players well and at least evenly. When they do it to farmers and crafters fair is not a word that comes to mind.

This process is not fair and was never designed to be. This is about refreshing the player base and raising the potential to enable a greater revenue stream in the leadup to Christmas. Rather than spend money on marketing the platform across the existing servers it was felt that developing new servers had the potential to bring in a stream of new whales (and restarting old whales) to bolster the profit returns to the organisation.
    The issues associated with player loss with the players on the merged servers was never a consideration. Supplemental complaints has made the organisation more painfully aware that the adequacy of compensation is an issue that needs to be addressed in at least a superficial way. In fact the poor compensation has made many including myself consider transfer to avoid the expected future merge to create greater revenue earning capability at a future point. This allows the reintroduction of new servers to bring in more whales.
    An organisation that fails to put the customer first inevitably fails.
    Trion - if you delete my thread please at least take what I am saying to management.
    I am sure this application has significant miles to run however maybe it will be in the hands of someone that prices, markets and supports its customer base in a way that guaranteed long term success.
    The issues associated with Trion and the developers are not our problem yet time and time again they become our problem as poor communication and implementation lead to failures in the customer offering. Please resolve these issues.
    Archeage is a fantastic product and I am happy to pay an appropriate amount that compensates the administrators and developers. Do this well and your success will be assured.

Pvpopen areason merge day

So my question is if a guild ports into halcy can they then camp town ports and shut down a provence so only there members can monopoly? Or are all the areas going to be set at peace for a certain amount of hours or days.. I have not heard this talked about or I have missed it. Sorry for the title im on my phone hahah..

Thanks for reading my comment and doing the work for the idea I gave. Nice!

Have you all figured out the name collision issue?? PLEASE DON'T do first come, first serve and PLEASE DON'T wait until launch day to let us find this out! PLEASE figure out who had it first; leveled it higher; and /or used it most recently to choose who gets the name on the merged servers!

If you all can figure out who logged in between x and y on such -and-such date to give out replacement anniversary trees that poofed due to a misinformed server downtime, you guys can surely figure this out! Amirite??
    Minx of Aria (East)
    <god i LOVE sasuke>
    (Dylsu why?)

Trashheals of Ollo/Tahyang (RIP)
    Former Pirate Guilds: LEGIT, Locked Up
    ~ ~ ~
    Minx of Naima/Kraken/Vengeance (RIP) / Aria
    Former East Guilds: WarriorPoets, DejaVu, ROGUE, IRS, Altercation, Rebirth, FRIENDS (East/PN), Tilted (Pirate), Blueberries, lllllll (PN), Space Force, Not Bias, Safe Space/OwO Wat Dis (Pirate), tfw no parents (PN), Offended

Quote Originally Posted by Minka View Post
    Have you all figured out the name collision issue?? PLEASE DON'T do first come, first serve and PLEASE DON'T wait until launch day to let us find this out! PLEASE figure out who had it first; leveled it higher; and /or used it most recently to choose who gets the name on the merged servers!

If you all can figure out who logged in between x and y on such -and-such date to give out replacement anniversary trees that poofed due to a misinformed server downtime, you guys can surely figure this out! Amirite??
    You are correct. They could figure out who logged in when and where and how often.
    However, Trion does not control the renaming code on the servers. That is XL Games. Unfortunately, they are all tied up with trying to get us a combined version of 1.8&2.0 that does not disconnect every 5 minutes, freeze randomly with the message "Archeage has stopped responding", and restrict people from launching the game based upon GPU.
    I will take the RU merge code of first come first server renaming resolution over not being able to land rush because my GPU isn't up to date, I have to reconnect every five minutes, or I'm just plain stuck reloading the game because it froze yet again.

HOPEFULLY, they will put this whole mess off for a few more weeks until the patch actually works properly. Then maybe I will worry about losing my character name to a level 39 player on Inoch.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    It shall be pinned, and it shall be pinned in news and announcements.

Thank you, Kayci.
    Celestra, try hire Kayci , so you have at least one guy realy interested in AA

Apperently, for whatever reasons, Trion has alot of our questions unanswered because they need XL to give them the information which was why we dint hear anything for so long even though alot of the questions were asked way back 2-3 weeks ago.

But now that XL team has actually arrived, we might actually get some answers (too little too late, i agree) and hopefully it will be good enough (probally wont be).

I see that we are going to be compensated for our lost beehives apparently....but what about compensation for our lost MALE animals, numerous lost Chicken, duck and goose cages and quite a few Bamboo traps around Tidal/Breezy Bungalows ? they all add to quite a lot of gold, that will need to be replaced....

Any help there Trion ?? as it's through no fault of our own that we have lost them.

I didn't see it here, and may have missed this info elsewhere, but what time are the servers coming back online on Saturday?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast