+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.0 Abolisher - Overpowered, am i the only one that thinks this?

2.0 Abolisher - Overpowered, am i the only one that thinks this?

END game abolisher is going to be overpowered. I'm calling it right now. Every class is supposed to have a counter, this class will have none. Keep in mind, i play a melee tank and have THE gear to spec into abolisher, but this is just insane, not even a paladin will beat it. Here is why:

1) Revitalizing cheer now removes debuff

With shrug it off this class will never be knocked down now from any shadowplay user. Cheer off the mark, stun break out of any stun (overwhelm).

2) Shrug off combo'd with revitalizing cheer gives this class a 6k heal. With the addition of:

"Eternal Defense Lunagem – Increases the HP Healed with Revitalizing Cheer by +400, +600, and +800 HP"

If you have 4 of those gems in (end game players with divine wrists/belts will have at least 4), that's a 3200 heal on TOP of the 6k heal it already does. 9-10k heal? Every 45 seconds? AND clears a debuff? What?

3) Witchcraft does not counter b/c with the extra 1 second duration on lassitude, abolisher will be able to break the fear-lassitude combo by simply prepopping shrug (negates the stun at the end of banshee) and bondbreak/invinc out of the sleep.

Time to re-roll abolisher boyssss

Lets take a look at this class in summary

1) Has Redoubt - insane block rate and can't get knocked down/pushed
    2) Has Battle Focus - insane parry rate that also resets all the hard hitting dps skills for abolisher
    3) Has Revitalizing Cheer - Remove a debuff (can't negate things like marks which WOULD combo an insta-knockdown..1 of the two things keeping abolishers currently in check)
    4) Has Revitalizing Cheer - With new lunagems, having 4 t3 gems makes this skill heal for like 10k every 45 seconds if you use it off CD (minor heal was the other thing that kept this class in check allowing it to be countered by healers)
    5) Has Leech - HARD insta-CC that also has chance to steal critical buffs like CA and Redoubt (yes it can steal those two buffs, i've played 1's like it was my job)
    6) Has MOBILITY - All that with insane mobility? Two teleports? Tigerstrike? Behind enemy lines? Reckless Charge?!
    7) Can negate healers - Boastful roar and thwart to nerf healers
    8) Has fast attack speed - Tripple inspire stacks to give this class FAST attack speed to top things off
    9) Puncture debuff - Allows this TANK class to hit as hard as a dps class at times
    10) Has Terrifying Roar - Even without cloth, running this (or if he is in cloth, he doesn't even need to run this skill) will allow this class to NOT be combo'd by any witchcraft users, good luck magic classes.

Looking for a constructive discussion. Also looking for someone to tell me i'm wrong with proof and a clear explanation as to why.

edited: cheer gem can only be put into belt, so 4 max

Edit: depending on how the gems are added/multiplied into the heal, it could potentially be a 11k heal. This is if the 3200 (from the 4 gems) are added before the shrug combo of 50%. Honestly I think this is the case, but haven't tested it yet. Would be something like 1k(base) + 3k (mettle) + 3200(gems) = 7.2k + (0.5*7.2)= 10,800

Quote Originally Posted by KanonXO View Post
    END game abolisher is going to be overpowered. I'm calling it right now. Every class is supposed to have a counter, this class will have none. Keep in mind, i play a melee tank and have THE gear to spec into abolisher, but this is just insane, not even a paladin will beat it. Here is why:

1) Revitalizing cheer now removes debuff

With shrug it off this class will never be knocked down now from any shadowplay user. Cheer off the mark, stun break out of any stun (overwhelm).

2) Shrug off combo'd with revitalizing cheer gives this class a 6k heal. With the addition of:

"Eternal Defense Lunagem – Increases the HP Healed with Revitalizing Cheer by +400, +600, and +800 HP"

If you have 4 of those gems in (end game players with divine wrists/belts will have at least 8), that's a 3200 heal on TOP of the 6k heal it already does. 9-10k heal? Every 45 seconds? AND clears a debuff? What?

3) Witchcraft does not counter b/c with the extra 1 second duration on lassitude, abolisher will be able to break the fear-lassitude combo by simply prepopping shrug (negates the stun at the end of banshee) and bondbreak/invinc out of the sleep.

Time to re-roll abolisher boyssss

Lets take a look at this class in summary

1) Has Redoubt - insane block rate and can't get knocked down/pushed
    2) Has Battle Focus - insane parry rate that also resets all the hard hitting dps skills for abolisher
    3) Has Revitalizing Cheer - Remove a debuff (can't negate things like marks which WOULD combo an insta-knockdown..1 of the two things keeping abolishers currently in check)
    4) Has Revitalizing Cheer - With new lunagems, having 4 t3 gems makes this skill heal for like 10k every 45 seconds if you use it off CD (minor heal was the other thing that kept this class in check allowing it to be countered by healers)
    5) Has Leech - HARD insta-CC that also has chance to steal critical buffs like CA and Redoubt (yes it can steal those two buffs, i've played 1's like it was my job)
    6) Has MOBILITY - All that with insane mobility? Two teleports? Tigerstrike? Behind enemy lines? Reckless Charge?!
    7) Can negate healers - Boastful roar and thwart to nerf healers
    8) Has fast attack speed - Tripple inspire stacks to give this class FAST attack speed to top things off
    9) Puncture debuff - Allows this TANK class to hit as hard as a dps class at times
    10) Has Terrifying Roar - Even without cloth, running this (or if he is in cloth, he doesn't even need to run this skill) will allow this class to NOT be combo'd by any witchcraft users, good luck magic classes.

Looking for a constructive discussion. Also looking for someone to tell me i'm wrong with proof and a clear explanation as to why.

edited: cheer gem can only be put into belt, so 4 max
    While you have some good points and enlighted the good aspect of abolisher you missed something : you can't have all the skills you have listed you have not enough points or you are going to miss something essential.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklotus View Post
    While you have some good points and enlighted the good aspect of abolisher you missed something : you can't have all the skills you have listed you have not enough points or you are going to miss something essential.
    not really

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/341502

like i said in the original OP, you wont even need terrifying b/c you can break the withcraft fear/sleep combo without it (due to witch nerfs). Also if you're in cloth...then even better. Build listed above literally has everything there except for reckless, but when you have 2 teleports, tigerstrike, and BEL, reckless isn't a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklotus View Post
    Lol he also forgot Daggerspells still wreck them because eternal cheese is eternal
    Yes, I just kicked you

The uninstall button is the greatest weapon you have against Trion/XL's Tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by TheWiggler View Post
    Lol he also forgot Daggerspells still wreck them because eternal cheese is eternal
    i don't see it, please share how daggerspells will wreck them. Seriously hope you don't say fear/sleep combo. You realize without sleep you can't land your big burst right? Backdrop fireball all day? Please realize that with the 3 to 4 second change of lassitude, banshee -> lassitude wont work anymore.

This sounds hilarious, OP.
    HERE LIES WALLOFPWN: THE KING OF CAPS.
    HE DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT HIS GAMBLING ADDICTION AND STOP GIVING TRINO MONEY.
    ( THERE'S A LESSON IN THERE SOMEWHERE, KIDDIES. )

----------> LISTEN TO MY MUSIC HERE <----------

Quote Originally Posted by PvPer View Post
    I lost interest in this game. I'm sick of waiting for a fix for a dying game anyway. Such a waste that a beautiful game went downhill because of bad management.

daggerspells wreck abolishers as long as they don't have downs

scientific fact

Quote Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
    daggerspells wreck abolishers as long as they don't have downs

scientific fact
    guys, i appreciate the input with your opinions but until you actually give me solid information on the counterplay to it, it's not very constructive...it's just some random opinion. Same way with a thread back in the day where 5 people were like ENIGMATISTS DESTROY SHADOWBLADES 100% when that is actually 100% not true...opposite in fact

I've already explained why i believe this class will be over the top, i'm yet to hear why daggerspells would beat this class. If im not in cloth (i would switch out ollo's hammer for terrifing roar with the build listed above. How are you going to beat an abolisher without being able to sleep one? Keep in mind your pdef also drops in 2.0 as a daggerspell as you cast fireballs.

Abolisher has always been incredibly good, but you're right. After 2.0 it's gonna get completely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dremlock View Post
    Abolisher has always been incredibly good, but you're right. After 2.0 it's gonna get completely ridiculous.
    my thoughts exactly. It's amazing as is (most the things i listed is already in the game). But with the witchcraft nerf, huge defense buffs, and cheer gems, this class is going to just be over the top.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast