View Poll Results: Are you in favor of the housing zone changes in 2.0

Voters
220. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I support it being implemented as-is permanently

    106 48.18%
  • Yes - I support it being implemented but only for first two weeks of new server launch

    14 6.36%
  • No - I do not support this change or any change, it is fine the way it is now

    82 37.27%
  • No - Something needs to be changed, but this system is not what I want

    18 8.18%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 72

Thread: Confusion around how housing zone works in 2.0 please read this thread

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    102
    its gonna take people actually seeing the mechanics play out in game before they say wtf trino
    and then all hell breaks loose before everyone understands how flawed the system is

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by khmfdoom View Post
    its gonna take people actually seeing the mechanics play out in game before they say wtf trino
    and then all hell breaks loose before everyone understands how flawed the system is
    Yea, it's looking that way.

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazenss View Post
    A. it's a pvp game in a pvp zone
    B. pvp zone packs give more gold hence the point of it being in a pvp zone
    C. why restrict content? lol
    D. already plenty of places to safe zone craft packs.. plenty..
    A. it's NOT a pvp game, never has been, never will be. Get over it.
    B. Nothing will change there, don't get your point. if you want to steal someones then do it when they're moving packs. Or you know, stop being a dick and make your own.
    C. No one is restricting content, just moving it to more appropriate places.
    D. Already plenty places to pvp and take packs, plenty

  4. #24
    Senior Member Yevgeni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,000
    ITT: carebear potatoes are happy that they can finally have their cake and eat it in peace. Man, imagine this, they don't even have to craft packs while the zone is at tension 1 and risk walking 20 feet to their farm so they can stage them for when the zone inevitably hits peace and then they can do a seven hauler train out of hellswamp/yny.

    This is a PvP game. Sandbox means PvP, necessarily, else it'd be a cooperative sim builder experiment. There's some of those around, just have to look for them. What drives this game, what drives this economy is PvP. You don't need to pay for gear to do any of the PvE content of this game (outside of ships). These zones were always PvP. They'll still be PvP.

    The fact that you'd rather support an entirely broken mechanism just because it protects you and your selfish interests rather than support a more rational approach (either saying no to the new housing rules or supporting a fix) speaks volume about how self-entitled the carebear landowners are. I hope none of you really expect to do GR runs anymore, at the very least.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    177
    Your biggest fear from running packs now is that lvl 3 guild will see you and your buds running packs and you are lvl 3....Expect war to be declared. Bye bye packs. Housing zone or not.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    635
    Simple solution is that anyone who attacks another, while in the housing safe area loses that safe protection from everyone for a certain period of time (5-10 mins). Kind of how purpling on someone allows any green to attack that purple. That way as long as someone doesn't attack another they are safe, if they do then they are attackable by everyone for a decent period of time to allow proper pvp justice. And anyone that heals that person should also lose any protection.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevgeni View Post
    ITT: carebear potatoes are happy that they can finally have their cake and eat it in peace. Man, imagine this, they don't even have to craft packs while the zone is at tension 1 and risk walking 20 feet to their farm so they can stage them for when the zone inevitably hits peace and then they can do a seven hauler train out of hellswamp/yny.

    This is a PvP game. Sandbox means PvP, necessarily, else it'd be a cooperative sim builder experiment. There's some of those around, just have to look for them. What drives this game, what drives this economy is PvP. You don't need to pay for gear to do any of the PvE content of this game (outside of ships). These zones were always PvP. They'll still be PvP.

    The fact that you'd rather support an entirely broken mechanism just because it protects you and your selfish interests rather than support a more rational approach (either saying no to the new housing rules or supporting a fix) speaks volume about how self-entitled the carebear landowners are. I hope none of you really expect to do GR runs anymore, at the very least.
    LOL you're a complete utter no brained idiot.

    This is not a pvp game, this is a Sandbox game with pvp. Sandbox in no sense of the word means pvp. pvp means pvp.

    Sandbox games that are not pvp:
    Minecraft
    GTA (only the later games had any pvp)
    Farcry
    The Elder Scrolls
    Monster Hunter
    Fallout
    Saints Row
    I could go on.

    Pvp games that are not sandbox:
    Call of Duty(some do have elements but not true sandbox)
    LoL
    Dota
    Battlefield

    So you see, Sandbox does NOT = PVP. Sandbox means you're free to do things your way to get to your goal.

    Now think. YOU have a goal, you want to pvp, you want to steal packs, you want to be a dick to people. Fair enough, that's your goal.
    The other side also has a goal, they want to farm in peace, they want to relax in their homes, pvp when they want to. That is how they enjoy the game.

    Yes, those goals clash but, why should your goal be any more important than theirs?

    And no, what drives the economy is EVERYONE. The items farmers sell, the loot pvpers get from honor, the items crafters make. It is all supposed to work in harmony.

    If this game was pvp then XL would not be creating these features. Obviously there is a need/want for it, if it wasn't then there'd be no safe zones at all, think about that.

    And no one is supporting a broken mechanic, people want it to be fixed but they dont want it removed altogether. And as you can't see the other side of the argument it speaks volumes for how self-entitled the pvpers are.

    My BIG problem with the way Trion is running this game is they encourage players being cruel to others. As far as I know none of the other publishers do this. The rest of the world wants harmony(in AA terms), NA/EU wants to burn things to the ground, that says a lot for us as a whole.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    25
    This system should not be implemented at all. The game has PVP zones for a reason and by making the housing areas safe zones is totally against what this game is about, Open world pvp. The one scenario that kills it for me is that I can't kill someone going for a demo land in a PVP zone just because they are in a housing area......... this makes no sense and is a major flaw to the system. You should always be able to remove people by force in a pvp zone if you are able to as is one of the pros to living in a pvp area.

    Another point is that if I see an enemy with a farm cart in auroria I now can't attack it because hes on his land..... this is another major flaw. You are removing pvp from a pvp game and a pvp zone. Getting flaming logs and mineral water is supposed to be risky but now it's just who can hug the safezone better.

    It's simple, if you implement this system you will ruin auroria pvp and a lot of the open world pvp in the game. Do NOT implement this system is you care about the health of PVP in your game. IMO there should be NO safezones, but that's just me and I realize that wouldn't be ideal, and you should realize that this housing safe zone system is not a good idea in its current state and it will ruin the game.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by HaseoMisaki View Post
    So you see, Sandbox does NOT = PVP. Sandbox means you're free to do things your way to get to your goal.

    Now think. YOU have a goal, you want to pvp, you want to steal packs, you want to be a dick to people. Fair enough, that's your goal.
    The other side also has a goal, they want to farm in peace, they want to relax in their homes, pvp when they want to. That is how they enjoy the game.

    Yes, those goals clash but, why should your goal be any more important than theirs?
    I agree that different people want different things and no ones goals should be more important. My issue is that there are already safe zone farms that you can farm in if you want to. No one is stopping you from ever leaving your safe zone and forcing you to pvp. This system is basically to just remove or reduce the pvp in open world pvp zones..... that makes no sense.

    So to anyone who wants this system, you want your safe zone farming still and on top of that you want to make half the pvp zones safe zones as well? Do you see how one sided that is?

    DO NOT implement this system.

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Troppmann View Post
    This system should not be implemented at all. The game has PVP zones for a reason and by making the housing areas safe zones is totally against what this game is about, Open world pvp. The one scenario that kills it for me is that I can't kill someone going for a demo land in a PVP zone just because they are in a housing area......... this makes no sense and is a major flaw to the system. You should always be able to remove people by force in a pvp zone if you are able to as is one of the pros to living in a pvp area.

    Another point is that if I see an enemy with a farm cart in auroria I now can't attack it because hes on his land..... this is another major flaw. You are removing pvp from a pvp game and a pvp zone. Getting flaming logs and mineral water is supposed to be risky but now it's just who can hug the safezone better.

    It's simple, if you implement this system you will ruin auroria pvp and a lot of the open world pvp in the game. Do NOT implement this system is you care about the health of PVP in your game. IMO there should be NO safezones, but that's just me and I realize that wouldn't be ideal, and you should realize that this housing safe zone system is not a good idea in its current state and it will ruin the game.
    Yet again. NOT A PVP GAME. This is not Trion's game. Trion are just publishing it for XL. If XL says safe zones stay, then safe zones stay. If this game was meant to be totally PVP then XL would not have implemented it.

    And again stop looking at your side of the game and look at other peoples. Everyone has to have fun in this game not just you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Troppmann View Post
    I agree that different people want different things and no ones goals should be more important. My issue is that there are already safe zone farms that you can farm in if you want to. No one is stopping you from ever leaving your safe zone and forcing you to pvp. This system is basically to just remove or reduce the pvp in open world pvp zones..... that makes no sense.

    So anyone who wants this you want your safe zone farming still and on top of that you want to make half the pvp zones safe zones as well? Do you see how one sided that is?

    DO NOT implement this system.
    IMPLEMENT this system but fix it.

    I like how you talk about supporting a fix in your last post and then completely disregard it and say "nope". THAT shows me you don't care about any other way of playing.

    ALL safezones are full at the moment. And my server is being merged with another server that...guess what? ALL safezones are full at the moment. I can and will landrush, but if things go wrong i'll end up being FORCED into a pvp zone or sit there for 6 month waiting for 1 person to stop playing. That is not enjoyable. With this system (though fixed) it would allow more people to enjoy the game, more people = more pvp/ more packs etc etc.

    So people who don't want this, you want the 20% of the map that has safezone housing to remain there, you want mergers on top of that for more pvp causing us to lose that land in the first place and make twice the amount of people fight for the 20% of safe zones as well? Do you see how one sided that is?

    Even with these changes, 60% of the game will still be open world PVP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts