+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Patron status, worth it anymore?

Patron status, worth it anymore?

I've only been playing for 6 weeks and I'm already debating on dropping my patron status. This screw up with the 2.0 launch has got me really thinking. I was hoping to be able to get on Morpheus and have a nice chance at being somewhat equal with every one else as far as gear and land. However, now with the staggered start times they announced, Morpheus is going to be one major rush by every player there is since it is the last to come up.

All the EU players will have their "land grabs" well before any of the NA servers will come up. Legacy servers up first (maybe not much land there to grab), Evo servers are next where everyone has 1/2 to run around and drop their houses, then 1/2 later every single AA player jumps on Morpheus to run the quests to get land.

With my work schedule, I'll have 3 hours of play time before I have to head to bed since I get up at 3am, work a 24 hour shift, off for 8 hours, then back for a 16 hour shift. So by the time I'm coherent sometime Wednesday afternoon, I highly doubt there will be any land left on any server. Doesn't seem like there is any point in paying for patron status if there isn't a change to own any land for an income.

Yet another crybaby being a smartass on the forums.

Patron will always be worth it.............

Patron status lost its worth when they announced oh so loudly "we can take your land any time we damn well please. Here are some tax certs". Sure. We get other things, but land is a big part of patron, the only reason I got it.

Not being a crybaby at all, and how am I being a smart ♥♥♥? The only benefit I see to having patron status without having land to grow anything, is the ability to regen labor points while offline and the cap of 5000 vs 1000. If I am missing something, please tell me.

Blacki , I believe its 2000 for non-patrons (labor)

Nothing... just ...

Work Ethic Bonus : Double your Labor Point regeneration to 10/5 min!
    Bonus Experience : Get a 20% bonus to all Experience gained through questing, combat, and labor usage.
    Land Ownership : Claim and own a piece of Erenor by placing farms and houses!
    Deep Sleeper Bonus : Earn Labor Points (10/5 min) even while you’re offline.
    Loyalty Tokens : Get 5 Loyalty Tokens when you log in each day. Redeem them for special items at the in-game Loyalty Store!
    Auction House Listing : Get full access to listing and selling items on the Auction House.
    Max Labor Bonus : Increase your maximum Labor Points to 5,000.
    Bonus Credits : Receive 10% bonus credits with the purchase of any Credit Pack.
    Patron Queue : Receive priority queuing when entering the game.
    Auction House Anywhere : Access the Auction House from anywhere through a UI button, without having to visit an Auctioneer.
    Repair Anywhere : Repair items directly from your inventory without having to visit a Blacksmith.
    Sell and Save : Auction House commissions reduced from 10% to 5%.
    Work Faster! : Perform farming and crafting activities 20% faster.
    Arena Anywhere : Queue for the Arena from anywhere through a UI button.

- Work Ethic Bonus : Double your Labor Point regeneration to 10/5 min!
    Definite benefit if you have the land to grow and harvest stuff

- Bonus Experience : Get a 20% bonus to all Experience gained through questing, combat, and labor usage.
    So it takes bit longer to get level up, not all the impressive

- Land Ownership : Claim and own a piece of Erenor by placing farms and houses!
    The #1 reason to have patron status. No land to own then no use having.

- Deep Sleeper Bonus : Earn Labor Points (10/5 min) even while you’re offline.
    Definite benefit for those times we all work and can't be logged in

- Loyalty Tokens : Get 5 Loyalty Tokens when you log in each day. Redeem them for special items at the in-game Loyalty Store!
    Unless I'm missing something, don't you need land for most of the stuff you can buy? They are house decorations.

- Auction House Listing : Get full access to listing and selling items on the Auction House.
    Not sure how this fits in since I got my patron status a day or so after d/l the game, so can't comment on this one

- Max Labor Bonus : Increase your maximum Labor Points to 5,000.
    Definite benefit, again if you have land to harvest stuff to make money

- Bonus Credits : Receive 10% bonus credits with the purchase of any Credit Pack.
    Never plan on buying any, so doesn't effect me

- Patron Queue : Receive priority queuing when entering the game.
    Never had a queue time getting in the game so this isn't even a benefit

- Auction House Anywhere : Access the Auction House from anywhere through a UI button, without having to visit an Auctioneer.
    So you have to actually visit an auctioneer, no big deal there

- Repair Anywhere : Repair items directly from your inventory without having to visit a Blacksmith.
    Again, so you need to actually visit someone, not a big deal

- Sell and Save : Auction House commissions reduced from 10% to 5%.
    A 5% reduction ..... I don't see that as a big deal honestly

- Work Faster! : Perform farming and crafting activities 20% faster.
    Farming, again you need land to do that.

- Arena Anywhere : Queue for the Arena from anywhere through a UI button.
    Visit the Arena Master (can't remember the exact name), not hard to do

Again, I don't really see the benefit of patron status without having land to go with it. So if someone doesn't own any land, is patron status really worth it?

Patron status is worth more than land, new players always seem to think having some land makes you instantly rich. It doesn't. Honestly you need much more than 1 or 2 lands to make a serious profit off of land.

With arguments like that you can trivialise anything...

Why does everyone assume that every single player will rush to create a new fresh start character? There are many of us that don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about the fresh start server.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast