+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Patron status, worth it anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Hockster View Post
    Why does everyone assume that every single player will rush to create a new fresh start character? There are many of us that don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about the fresh start server.
    3 min after server start and already over a 1 hour queue .... LOL ...... Tell me again how many don't care about a fresh server start

Quote Originally Posted by Blacki Lawless View Post
    With my work schedule, I'll have 3 hours of play time before I have to head to bed since I get up at 3am, work a 24 hour shift, off for 8 hours, then back for a 16 hour shift. So by the time I'm coherent sometime Wednesday afternoon, I highly doubt there will be any land left on any server. Doesn't seem like there is any point in paying for patron status if there isn't a change to own any land for an income.
    So.. Ah.. What exactly are you going to do with the 3 hours of play time before you have to go to bed? That should be plenty of time to place land if you already have the plans and things... During original launch people worked for *weeks* until they managed to get land where they wanted it.

I doubt all land everywhere is gone the first day. Even with the early launch a year ago, there was still land in places when the doors opened for the general public. It may not have been where they wanted, but it was there.

Not seeing the problem here, other than someone wanting to complain about something when they have ample opportunity to make good?

- Work Ethic Bonus : Double your Labor Point regeneration to 10/5 min!
    Definite benefit if you have the land to grow and harvest stuff

- Bonus Experience : Get a 20% bonus to all Experience gained through questing, combat, and labor usage.
    So it takes bit longer to get level up, not all the impressive

- Land Ownership : Claim and own a piece of Erenor by placing farms and houses!
    The #1 reason to have patron status. No land to own then no use having.

- Deep Sleeper Bonus : Earn Labor Points (10/5 min) even while you’re offline.
    Definite benefit for those times we all work and can't be logged in

- Loyalty Tokens : Get 5 Loyalty Tokens when you log in each day. Redeem them for special items at the in-game Loyalty Store!
    Unless I'm missing something, don't you need land for most of the stuff you can buy? They are house decorations.

- Auction House Listing : Get full access to listing and selling items on the Auction House.
    Not sure how this fits in since I got my patron status a day or so after d/l the game, so can't comment on this one

- Max Labor Bonus : Increase your maximum Labor Points to 5,000.
    Definite benefit, again if you have land to harvest stuff to make money

- Bonus Credits : Receive 10% bonus credits with the purchase of any Credit Pack.
    Never plan on buying any, so doesn't effect me

- Patron Queue : Receive priority queuing when entering the game.
    Never had a queue time getting in the game so this isn't even a benefit

- Auction House Anywhere : Access the Auction House from anywhere through a UI button, without having to visit an Auctioneer.
    So you have to actually visit an auctioneer, no big deal there

- Repair Anywhere : Repair items directly from your inventory without having to visit a Blacksmith.
    Again, so you need to actually visit someone, not a big deal

- Sell and Save : Auction House commissions reduced from 10% to 5%.
    A 5% reduction ..... I don't see that as a big deal honestly

- Work Faster! : Perform farming and crafting activities 20% faster.
    Farming, again you need land to do that.

- Arena Anywhere : Queue for the Arena from anywhere through a UI button.
    Visit the Arena Master (can't remember the exact name), not hard to do

Again, I don't really see the benefit of patron status without having land to go with it. So if someone doesn't own any land, is patron status really worth it?

Stop trolling. You already made your decision and have already decided it isn't. Your responses prove that.

Ummm, question! If you feel land is so important, you can at least get an 8x8, can't you? On my server the temp areas are always empty, and there are so many spots where you can't exactly fit a 16x16 that would work just fine for a 8x8. You can even make a tiny little living space with dividers and a bed as well as some cushions. Why not try a garden first and see how that works out for you?

To me it really depends on what you are lookng for. There are alot of other benefits that I've found or stumbled on with patron status that are nice for me, but I personally picked it up for land ownership, and have been pleased. if you are only looking at patron for land ownership, I would suggest letting it expire (assuming you own no land), but keep apex or crystals on hand in case land does come available. Over the next couple weeks, with the tax payments rolling around, I expect to see people that are going to need or want to offload land. Also, if you really want land, whisper owners to see if they are selling. Just yesterday I decided to whisper someone beside my thatched to see if they had any interest in selling. At the time there were trees on the persons land, and had been active since merge, but ended up she was willing to sell, and simply hadn't posted or advertised yet. On top of it, she sold it to me at a reasonable price. ...so was win/win for both of us. Everyone has a price.

If you want to eventually own land, it is also easier (my opinion) to make money as a patron. Work on collecting gold and what not ready for purchasing land, resources, or upgrading your farms, or collecting house upgrades so you are ready when the plot is available, or land does go up for sale.

- Loyalty Tokens : Get 5 Loyalty Tokens when you log in each day. Redeem them for special items at the in-game Loyalty Store!
    Unless I'm missing something, don't you need land for most of the stuff you can buy? They are house decorations.
    Just this benefit alone is worth it. You get 5 loyalty tokens for logging in and 3 extra tokens if you play for 3 hours (1 each hour). With 1 month, you get 240 loyalty tokens. 100 loyalty tokens can buy you a lucky sunpoint, which sells for 200-300g. You just made around 500g doing close to nothing.

Land is not the only way to make money. Labor is crucial to any money-making venture though. And patron gives you offline labor regen and double cap. If you really can't think of anything (which means you're not really trying, as there are tons of resources online about this), then just go do the #1 basic money-making maneuver in ArcheAge. Go mine for an hour and make 200g.

Otoh being patron hooks you to having to log on, be it land or loyalty. Even if you want to take a break, you can't. So you keep logging in when you don't want to, and start getting burn out worse and worse...

Patron is the devil.

Alot of the ppl posting (OP included) are saying without land theres no reason to get patron, and the funny thing is. you dont get patron for land.

You get it for labor, 10 labor regen all of the time is amazing. it lets you make more money more often. in somecases you could have twice the labor u once had (pre change to "sleep labor"). so you can make 50%-100% more gold per day.

land is just there for some people to have fun with, rarely do ppl actually get to make real money from it.

Your missing the point of Patron. Think labor and all the disconnects from the gods. I tried the F2P my first month and I really didn't care about land cause I needed to level and get gold first. But after being disconnected about everyday, I finally had to get Patron just to play so I could at least do mining for gold. I would come home from work and see I was disconnected and get really pissed because my night of playing Archeage was screwed. No labor is the worst. Be kind to your self and just do Patron. Life will be so much easier for you in game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2