+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 105 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Discussion: Conflict/War Housing Safe Zones

1.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar

Official Discussion: Conflict/War Housing Safe Zones

Adventurers!

We understand that the current housing safe zone system in the Conflict/War areas of ArcheAge are currently highly debated amongst the community.

For reference, the system currently works as such:
    • While in a housing area within a PvP zone (like Hellswamp or Halcyona), you will be unable to attack others.
    • If you do attack someone and attempt to duck back into the housing zone, it will not protect you from that person attacking you.
    • The housing zone protection lasts only during periods of rising conflict. Should the zone reach War, the safe zone is removed.

Please use this thread to post your thoughts, either for or against the housing safety system.

Let me preface it by saying that I can see both sides of this. People want things to be easier and easier will always have a strong rally behind it because well, it's easier, but I feel like this is a step in the wrong direction and I'm glad that it's being opened up for the community and being left to the community to decide if this actually stays in game and I hope that this choice is really taken seriously because these are the kind of changes that take away gameplay for some people. While some people may farm others choose to PvP and that's their right and their gameplay is being nerfed unnecessarily to make someone else's gameplay easier and less risky.

Trade packs in conflict are high risk / high reward. Why are we trying to fix a system that isn't broken?

The NA and KR servers for this game are completely different beasts, and while this system make work on other servers, I don't think it has a place on the NA servers. To start off with the system is either very unreliable, or just plain doesn't work and has issues. People have been reporting that issues have come up where one side can attack the other while still under housing protection and that gives one party a HUGE advantage.

It's not just the PvPers that should be upset by this change, the farmers should be peeved also... This change makes conflict zone trade packs A LOT easier. Running packs from places like Ynystere, where the housing areas might as well line the whole road can be done with out worry. Why run packs from Silent Forest when you can easily just run packs from Ynystere and be in peace for 75% of your run through it. Sure, you could wait for someone to leave that "peace" zone when they turn packs in but most people would just post up with their hauler and wait for who ever is there to go away, may take hours sure, but they still get their packs without being contested in a conflict zone.

This game has some of the better open world PvP that I have seen and adding a safe zone every 5 feet for some places is extremely frustrating. I can't tell you how annoying it is to have someone attack you or you attack them and who ever is losing start running the the Nui only to sit there and wait. Making choices in conflict zones should have repercussions and currently with a system where you can easily be bailed out, it doesn't. This system should frustrate everyone because it takes a whole system out of this game. It doesn't work right and it doesn't fit NA.

I can even understand the people wanting to keep this. You may die a lot doing trade runs and all you want to do is make money, why should someone else get to kill you for your stuff right? That's why we have so many non-conflict zones. If you want safe packs place land there. Right now these housing areas are being exploited to make easy money and to grief and troll people and that shouldn't be accepted at all.

A ArcheAge without PvP isn't an ArcheAge I want to play.

whaaaaa? so no more killing reds while they sit outside their homes? pfft

Also, if you are engaged on and try to hide in the housing zone, you can still be finished off, it isn't necessarily that YOU attack someone and they can retaliate.

Quote Originally Posted by xCROv View Post
    this housing pvp system is bad
    (edit coming)
    just taking away free content
    "i was hungry" - Shawnzy
    "dude, eat her ♥♥♥ then" - David

Long story short, people place land in PvP zones knowing very well the risks associated with that. It is poor decision making by the developers to remove this risk entirely to appease people that have no business being in a pvp zone. This leaves options for abuse (or. Bots and farming scripts) since we can't do anything about bots. This also eliminates the ability for opposite factions to disrupt the farming habits of the other faction. It also eliminates the ability to pick fights in some of the most heavily populated areas of zones. Hellswamp for example is a ghost town until you get near the crafter. Now these people are completely safe and get to choose whether or not they want to pvp. That choice should be a choice made and decided upoon them making the decision to enter the zone or leave the nui shrine.

It's total crap right now. Healers can stay in the housing zone and are healing people outside it and if you wanna attack them they go back. Especially easy to abuse in Growl Gate.

Quote Originally Posted by VisaTheMedic View Post
    Also, if you are engaged on and try to hide in the housing zone, you can still be finished off, it isn't necessarily that YOU attack someone and they can retaliate.
    This isn't working as intended. If they attack you from within their property they can be attacked back, however if they attack out of the housing then fallback to their home they can not be attacked unless they attack you again after entering housing. Was confirmed while attempting to pvp a red guild last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Souldrinker View Post
    It's total crap right now. Healers can stay in the housing zone and are healing people outside it and if you wanna attack them they go back. Especially easy to abuse in Growl Gate.
    This healer flagging mechanic has needed to be changed for a long time. If they heal someone that is purple, they should turn purple, too.

The real question is why should anybody be able to choose whether or not they can be pvpd while in a pvp zone. If they don't want pvp the answer is simple, stay out of pvp zones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 105 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast