+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 105 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Discussion: Conflict/War Housing Safe Zones

ArcheAge is obviously intended to have a balance between PvE and PvP -- there isn't enough of either one to make a complete game. I love that the housing provinces are now protected, as I think this improves the balance. You have to look at the bigger picture; this change is only part of a suite of changes which seem intended to move PvP back out into the oceans and into land areas that are not occupied by housing, as well as into Auroria.

For example, the daily Blue Salt quests to obtain gilda stars can now be done only if you're level 40+ (for the perfume vases) and 50+ (for raising the wild baby mounts). I guess this might have been done to encourage trade runs for gilda, which involve the risk of attack.

Fishing has been made more profitable, which clearly gives people an incentive to spend time on the ocean, which again invites PvP. The guild war system is another way PvP is encouraged.

So, safe housing zones exist both to maintain the PvE/PvP balance, and to push people out into other areas where real combat against opponents who are willing and prepared to put up a fight can take place. They are necessary and beneficial for everyone (except those who get their entertainment from ganking unsuspecting people).

I do think a player who heals an attacker should be flagged for combat, but that is a mechanic that's only tangentially related to the issue of safe housing zones, since it is a problem in many other parts of the game as well.

In summary, keep the housing provinces peaceful, please!

The farming side of me loves this update, but the pvp side of me says it is too easily abusable.

Here are my concerns:

1) Conflict safe zones will take longer to enter the War->Peace state due to less conflict in the entire zone.

2) This opens up all kinds of avenues for farming bots and other bots to perform activities in the housing zone. I'm sure there are other abuses to this that have yet to be thought of as well.

As much as I enjoy farming in non-safe zones, I love the danger aspect of collecting larders on my property while having to keep an eye out for trouble. Maybe it should be only safe for the person who actually owns the property?
    Kixxy :3
    Huggable C@ - Firran Confections - Kyrios

I'm sorry but you are removing player-created content from the game by making this change. You should be able to attack other reds in PVP zones no matter what. If you want to restrict "purpling" on your own faction in these zones, sure.. but the thrill of risk taking and "anything can happen" in a PVP zone is what makes this game unique. Taking that away makes it another glorified farmville game. No thanks...

Like the housing change

I'am amazed that no one has brought this up: To steal trade packs, there has to be trade packs.. so its not a bad thing to allow people to farm or tend to their animal pens to ... wait... "make trade packs".. You get it now. So hopefully we will see more trade packs out there for everyone to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    I'am amazed that no one has brought this up: To steal trade packs, there has to be trade packs.. so its not a bad thing to allow people to farm or tend to their animal pens to ... wait... "make trade packs".. You get it now. So hopefully we will see more trade packs out there for everyone to take.
    yep you get it.

safe housing = more people = more packs = more potential pvp

no safe housing = less people = less packs = less potential pvp
    ♥ Cat & Rob ♥
    ♥ Roberu & Yoruki ♥
    ~The Power Couple~

Thunderwing

I support the decision to make all housing areas safe zones. If folks want to PvP, they shouldn't fight players who are just trying to farm. I know of several players who quit early on in this game because they got tired of getting ganked while they were trying to harvest their farms. Those players would have preferred to build in the safe zones, but they filled up in a matter of hours (this was at head start) and so they were forced to build in PvP zones if they wanted any land at all. I'm glad there is now a chance for folks to have peace while harvesting.
    I can certainly understand how that can be frustrating. We're unable to assist with your request. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Wanting my voice to be heard here. I have read most of the other threads and a good number of pages on this thread.

Summary: FIX the bugs, but KEEP THE SAFE ZONES.

Items totally NOT RELEVANT to this thread!:
    * Healers Healing Purple Issue: That is a mechanic that I also agree isn't working right. If you heal a purple, you should be purple. NOT RELEVANT TO THIS TOPIC.

* Outside to Inside PvP Issue: If you attack someone, they retreat and then retaliate the PvP should flow both ways at that point, if the earlier attacker cannot attack back but can be himself attacked, this is a BUG and should be fixed. NOT RELEVANT TO THIS TOPIC.

* Whole housing area versus Owned Plots only: Pretty sure whole housing was the designers intent. This is NOT RELEVANT to having this feature enabled or not because this is a change to the existing mechanic. NOT RELEVANT TO THIS TOPIC.

* Rookborn to Falc Exploit: Going from protected zones of a PvP area directly into a Permanent Peace area is concerning, but not relevate to if this feature should be enabled or not. I suggest it be fixed via terrain modification. NOT RELEVANT TO THIS TOPIC.

* Safe Zones Promote Botting/scripting/etc: These should be fixed/addressed separate from this feature, this feature may or may not affect those issues, but the two are not connected. NOT RELEVANT TO THIS TOPIC.

Items RELEVANT to this thread:

* Safe zones do NOT break pack or land ownership mechanics because with perhaps one example (which should be fixed separate from this debate) it is not possible to run packs from a PvP Zone (Yny, Peri, Hasla, Sanddeep, Hellswamp, etc...) to a permanent peace zone, outside of that zones peace period, without leaving the housing area and being exposed to the risk which justifies the higher value for these packs and owning land in these areas.

* Safe zones do NOT break PvP because outside of housing areas PvP is unaffected. If you are upset because people are hiding from PvP in a housing zone, then perhaps you would be less upset if you were trying to enjoy PvP in an area where its not possible for people to do so. There are plenty of places to do this, PvP is not broken. Some tactics might have to change, particularly if you are interested in pirating/pack-theft - but this seems trivial - subjective perhaps, but this plays into personal preference. Since it breaks nothing - if even 20% of the population enjoys this feature being enabled, I argue that it should be enabled.

All that being said, my own personal preference is for the feature to remain enabled.

the only reason people want this changed is they cant run around killing undergeared players trying to farm the bad pvpers cant kill a 2k gs farming alt or some new player trying to farm you don't get honor in conflict anyway so the system is fine

The problem I have with it is that there are already zones that never go to war where people can own land, the safe places to farm, so are you going to be adding war to these zones too? Only seems right if you've added safe areas to areas that can go to war. Having huge swaths of safe areas in zones that can go to war makes it harder to actually go to war. And let's not forget that after a zone goes to war it then has a peace period.

There wasn't a huge outcry from the playerbase to make all the housing areas safe, it was a change from XL. There is a huge outcry that we don't want it. Please revert it to how it was before.

@Kugelex: To your point about War being less common. This means more packs are exposed for the taking, since people will be forced to run them outside of peace. I would guess you would like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kugelex View Post
    There wasn't a huge outcry from the playerbase to make all the housing areas safe, it was a change from XL. There is a huge outcry that we don't want it. Please revert it to how it was before.
    You do not speak for us all.

You should keep in mind that those who post on the forums are a vocal minority.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 105 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast