+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Patron & Credit Pricing Update

its not... just trion trying to squeeze out every last dollar/euro they can before they die in a hole
    Server - Kraken
    Name - Azanor
    Guild - The last prophecy

Well, isn't it wonderful? ArcheAge was a very promising game... before it started. The launch was a catastrophe, repeating problems even way after the launch drove people mad, updates were almost always accompanied by new "funny" problems and huge serverdowntimes (to fix those problems... never worked). And now we have here the newest attempt to drive players away from this game. Why don't you guys just tell us to get the ♥♥♥♥ off your lawn and be done with it? Would quite save some time.
    I'll wait now 'till my patron runs out and if the prices are still crap it's a goodbye, sad but true.
    "The scope of some people is a circle with a radius of zero - and that's what they call their point of view" ~ Albert Einstein

Thumbs up Grab, money, grab!

Good bye Archeage :| already got rid of one account, lets get rid of this one now. from me, no more money grab.

This game is beatifull but sorry trion this step, is a step to much you are realy too greedy!
    So less Credits for so much money! You loos all players and destroy the whole game if you take so lot money for everothing!
    Peasy be realistic and put the credit back at the normal for this prise!
    Freundliche Grüsse
    Xerpheus
    Leader of Ergo Proxy

Rangora West

And I was so excited to roll on a Euro server and grab a little land... and within a few days Trion fubars the Euro pricing to kill my server. Great... just great. Here's wishing I rolled on Morpheus. Who makes these business decisions? The timing couldn't be worse, players are recuperating from a huge merger... and pricing changes should be gradual and logical, not sudden and painful.

Bad for business. Bad for my server. Such a shame too... the new 2.0 patch had a lot of people excited and coming back to play, and the mergers pushed the population back up. But it's such an unstable time to do this...

There's an old Aesop's fable about a monkey who got his hand stuck in a jar of grapes. He moaned and lamented because he couldn't get his hand out of the jar... of course the only thing trapping him was his greed to let go of the last grape. He hobbled woefully with his hand stuck in the jar and the hunters caught him with ease as his friends ran off into safety. Trion, you have a great game... but if you squeeze your customers too hard you're going to gradually lose it all. Do you really think people who just lost land or names, or got relocated or lost everything in a merger are going to pay more?

It would be a consideration that LOWERING your prices slightly overall might be a wonderful marketing incentive to BRING BACK a lot of players who left. FOR A CERTAINTY... RAISING prices on anyone is going to cause a number of them to quit. If your goal is attraction and retention of players... you're going about it the wrong way. Slightly LOWER prices overall and have a few SALES.

You might be surprised how effective it is, as people love sales... and these are only pixels you're losing... the more you sell, the more money you make. Reduce that playerbase... and the game's survivability itself is impacted.
    "SORRY everyone. As I said in a different post, I accidentally deleted this thread. Thankfully, our team was able to get it back."
    -Muzzy, Connectivity Issues

Thumbs up

So I was about to spend some money to get myself a few commodities like chests and such.. Euro price rise? For what reason? You've done such a marvelous job on 2.0 patch + merge that you deserve this?

Well you made it easy, no money from me.

Today i have buyed some extra crédits from cash shop, i was very surprised when i see the change of the prices.

I bought them because i had promise to my wife a beautiful house...

How its possible you make me regret this so much...

I just deleted all my credit card from glyph, i dont use no more subscritption.

Bye premium account...

P.S.:i know i cannot play AA without patron...

Thumbs up

Believe me or not, I was thinking the other day that I am spending too much money on a game which constantly disappoints me. Now with the ridiculous price increase, Trion made it easy for me and my boyfriend. It is time for us to move on to a different game.

Nothing can justify a 25% price increase for what Trion offers us ...

Good luck to all who decide to stay!

Is this for real? Like, after we, your loyal customers stayed faithful to ArcheAge even if you failed us so many times (don't say that we are well compensated cause in the first place, we are just compensated and second, we deserved every bit of it). Let me give you some arguments.

-The currency will keep on changing but our salary won't. I live here in Europe and for quite some time, we are valued (euro) higher than dollar. Those days are gone, at least for now cause EU is trying to attract investors. However, in my opinion, it is not right to use the current market value of euro and dollar to justify the changes you implemented because we don't get the same money as those people living in the USA. Our salary dont get higher if Euro is undervalued!

-If you want to change the amount of credit per euro based on current market value, you should have done that from the start! US dollar as the reference value, if euro is higher, we get larger amount of credits and if it is lower, we get smaller. Not like you make changes over night and you just expect us to accept every ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ you throw to us.

-If you want to make changes like this, it is wise to consult the players/paying customers cause in the first place, we are the reason why you are still in business. If the service and everything is smooth, we won't mind paying a little more. But the thing is, just days after your failed launch, you are again giving us more reasons to leave this game. ArcheAge is a very promising game. Too bad the management itself is killing it.

Example 1 Apex @ $9.99 US will cost you:
    1 Euro equals 1.14 US Dollar $8.74 Euro
    1 Canadian Dollar equals 0.76 US Dollar $13.09 Canadian
    1 New Zealand Dollar equals 0.64 US Dollar $15.61 New Zealand <------ouch
    1 Australian Dollar equals 0.72 US Dollar $13.80 Australian

Canadians and Oceanic pay more

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast