+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: .. i assume, Trion had a nasty DB or hardwarecrash ^^

.. i assume, Trion had a nasty DB or hardwarecrash ^^

.. maybe its even ongoing

Friend of me told me, he got "hacked" but the mess he was looking at, really looked more like a database problem or some server harwarecrash.

Now that there is a lot, i mean A LOT people banned without obvious reason, could the story be even bigger ?

What would you do as a company, if user, affected by a servers hardwareproblem, got their stuff messed up ?
    Well, me would block them from login, until the mess is solved again.
    This game is a monster and i bet, the task to drive it technically, is a monster as well.

Now they will never tell us, the brokers wont allow.
    But by an eye analysis, the obvious is just that - obvious.

What do you think ?

Conspirathy on ...

Quote Originally Posted by rawfox View Post
    .. maybe its even ongoing

Friend of me told me, he got "hacked" but the mess he was looking at, really looked more like a database problem or some server harwarecrash.

Now that there is a lot, i mean A LOT people banned without obvious reason, could the story be even bigger ?

What would you do as a company, if user, affected by a servers hardwareproblem, got their stuff messed up ?
    Well, me would block them from login, until the mess is solved again.
    This game is a monster and i bet, the task to drive it technically, is a monster as well.

Now they will never tell us, the brokers wont allow.
    But by an eye analysis, the obvious is just that - obvious.

What do you think ?

Conspirathy on ...
    Pretty sure its like that. I had a GM sadly in german so i cant post it here without forcing people to google translate. (I can sure upload it for people who wanna have it) One of my Equipment pieces went missing. And what he told me after 1 week of waiting time is simple that they dont have any kind of records or Logs, what have happend to the item . Even tho the item was used for more then 2 month on the same character. And guess what. When i send them multiple Screens of me having it. The best answer ever came. WE CAN NOT use screenshot as proof of our investigations. When the Log is not there you never had it .

Take off your tinfoil hat and take your meds...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragana View Post
    Pretty sure its like that. I had a GM sadly in german so i cant post it here without forcing people to google translate. (I can sure upload it for people who wanna have it) One of my Equipment pieces went missing. And what he told me after 1 week of waiting time is simple that they dont have any kind of records or Logs, what have happend to the item . Even tho the item was used for more then 2 month on the same character. And guess what. When i send them multiple Screens of me having it. The best answer ever came. WE CAN NOT use screenshot as proof of our investigations. When the Log is not there you never had it .
    a) Its not that hard to create a screenshot with an item and make the claim "here it is, give it back".
    I would ask if they dont have any log what happened to the item, the right question is whether they have logs that there WAS such item on your char. If they can confirm at least that.

Anyway... It could be mailed to somebody, it could be stolen from you by somebody with access to your account, it could be erased by GM who was clearing damage to economy by some scammer.

Missing logs? Did it disappear on Nebe or on Sirothe?

b) Databases of any sort have a backup, which stores the data and its used for restoring the data.
    Claim like "it looks like database problem, not like a hack" is really not any kind of proof. its just feeling. Once database or hardware has a problem its being rolled back to last working version.

c) Bannings
    Some people admitted using of two clients at the same time (half of rangora) and producers definitely confirmed that landgrabbers and hackers will be pursued. And trust me they was.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    a) Its not that hard to create a screenshot with an item and make the claim "here it is, give it back".
    I would ask if they dont have any log what happened to the item, the right question is whether they have logs that there WAS such item on your char. If they can confirm at least that.

Anyway... It could be mailed to somebody, it could be stolen from you by somebody with access to your account, it could be erased by GM who was clearing damage to economy by some scammer.

b) Databases of any sort have a backup, which stores the data and its used for restoring the data.
    Claim like "it looks like database problem, not like a hack" is really not any kind of proof. its just feeling. Once database or hardware has a problem its being rolled back to last working version.

c) Bannings
    Some people admitted using of two clients at the same time (half of rangora) and producers definitely confirmed that landgrabbers and hackers will be pursued. And trust me they was.
    It was a stupid Karkase Ring Heroic version (Life Ring with INT stats ) so its kinda bound means there is no way someone could sell it on AH. The mats for it are not even worth talking about Gold wise, the only thing that was anoiyng about it are the Dragon bones you had to farm. And to delete the ring would be simply mean to destroying the effort of over 20h of grinding. Without a reason or why would you destroy a ring that doesnt involve any RNG and you would want it back from support. That Ring simply went missing . It had actually 4 Crafting stages so there should be atleast one log file from that ring. But thats not the point of the thread. Fact is the Servers lost data.

Fact is the Servers lost data.

It could explain why GM was not able to find any data. Anyway you are stating that server lost data, while I really dont believe that you have direct access to the database from admin point of view. Also people on support are just people...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post

It could explain why GM was not able to find any data. Anyway you are stating that server lost data, while I really dont believe that you have direct access to the database from admin point of view. Also people on support are just people...
    If someone from the Lifesuppport and from the Tech-Support say that we cant help you since we dont have any kind of logs available. Its the easiest conclusion that something isnt right.-> No Log that should be there = they get lost. The Ring went missing 4 days after the merge.

If someone from the Lifesuppport and from the Tech-Support say that we cant help you since we dont have any kind of logs available. Its the easiest conclusion that something isnt right.-> No Log that should be there = they get lost. The Ring went missing 4 days after the merge.
    Then try to provide them data on timeline when you last have seen that item, so they can confirm you it actually existed. Once they have it, then they can find out what happened.

I read 1 hour ago the thread on random enemy faction people talking on guild chat, so yes it could be that something bad[tm] is happening database-wise.

"We don't have any kind of record or logs" is quite ambiguous. They have no log events related to the ring in question, or they simply don't keep logs AT ALL beyond some special cases (specific chars / short timespan)?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast