+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: back from long break need help :)

back from long break need help :)

hey I played ArcheAge on its first months started as founder from beta but then I had to quit because of university now I came back to the game and everything is different and I'm lvl 44 and I don't know anything of the game and whats new and what to do .. could anyone share guides or advice me what to do? I don't want to make new char because I spent all market points on costumes and pets and stuff from market .. and I don't want it all to go in waste .. but I belive my char would be under geared for its lvl with new stuff and idk the quests or where to go.. I forgot everything and I really need a good guide thanks for help and advices

best advice? find another game.

Welcome back.

I've just returned about ten days ago myself, and you're right that a lot has changed. I see a lot of positive changes, such as housing areas being safer, many more places to go for adventure or grinding or questing, new storyline quests extending up through the 50's, and more perks for patrons like offline labor regen being the same as online and the auction house accessible anywhere (great for trade runs). There are new dynamics, too, that I'm still figuring out, such as daily "merit" quests to help accumulate a new sort of currency.

Regarding your gear, I'd not worry too much about it. Just keep doing the quests and so on that you would have been doing to reach 50, then launch right in to the new story quests, which will have you building new weapons as part of the quest anyway. Hasla weapons seem to be obsolete (or removed altogether? haven't quite figured this out), but there are equal items that drop frequently enough that they are dirt cheap on the auction house.

thank you so much for your help. I still haven't rebought the patron... since I want to see if I like the game after its changes..
    as for the questing I'm afraid I lvled most of the lvls by doing carfting ... and farming on land.. so that I'm on very low area .. but I guess it will make questing easier.. thank you again.. do you happen to know where I could find a guide that is updated ?

Quote Originally Posted by OffySmash View Post
    best advice? find another game.
    Please don't be negative and chase away people who want ot join or return, be honest and give Trion the thumbs up for the hard work they are doing in the last few months!

OP, try the game out, I'm sure you will be happy to see that a lot has changed for the better and Trion staff is working pretty hard to make up for the past mistakes!
    If you are level 44, I could say just continue untill 50 and then decide if you want a new char/resub and so on, 6 levels is not much and it's not that hard to level up don't think you are undergeared, because you didn't get to endgame in the first place
    Try it out, this is my advice I give to everyone who create a similar thread as you I'm pretty sure you will be happy with what you see

My best advice could maybe be, if you like what you see, get patron because post-50... it's not impossible, but it's pretty d*mn hard to play... but once you get patron, It can't be more easy to keep it up even if you don't want to spend real money
    People, please stay positive and don't forget to smile !

that is an amazing advice ! what I saw and already liked is that there are tons of trees out there .. like back then when I played only if you had a a farming place you could do farming.. and get trees. .. also has anything changed for labor for non patron players? I remember labor was impossible unless you are a patron... and if you could please explain why does patron matters so much after lvl 50 thank you !

My advice would be to continue with your personal story line if you had finished it before. ( if you are East you pick it up in Bullwark Yny- don't know where you pick it up in West but the stories are the same for everyone)
    You will get good XP, guilda and get reacquainted with the game easily
    My husband just came back and that is how he got back in.
    He thought he would have to start all over but it took him less than a day to pick things up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
    hey I played ArcheAge on its first months started as founder from beta but then I had to quit because of university now I came back to the game and everything is different and I'm lvl 44 and I don't know anything of the game and whats new and what to do .. could anyone share guides or advice me what to do? I don't want to make new char because I spent all market points on costumes and pets and stuff from market .. and I don't want it all to go in waste .. but I belive my char would be under geared for its lvl with new stuff and idk the quests or where to go.. I forgot everything and I really need a good guide thanks for help and advices
    I recently just returned myself and am enjoying the game a whole lot myself. The best advice I could give would be to find a good guild that doesn't mind helping you learn the ropes again. If you play on Ollo NA West faction I know Forsaken is looking for members. If not you can go to our website and we have links to various tools/guides to assist in the learning process! Oh and Welcome back!
    Monay, LVL 55 Earthsinger (SORC|DEF|SC)
    Member of <Snowdrifters>
    Kraken [NA] Server | West Faction

"Ad Victorem Spolias"

Ex-Member of:
    The Browncoats (Calleil | NA West)
    Forsaken (Ollo | NA West)

Quote Originally Posted by Monay View Post
    I recently just returned myself and am enjoying the game a whole lot myself. The best advice I could give would be to find a good guild that doesn't mind helping you learn the ropes again. If you play on Ollo NA West faction I know Forsaken is looking for members. If not you can go to our website and we have links to various tools/guides to assist in the learning process! Oh and Welcome back!
    you are very kind... sadly I play on Eanna which was the first eu server to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
    that is an amazing advice ! what I saw and already liked is that there are tons of trees out there .. like back then when I played only if you had a a farming place you could do farming.. and get trees. .. also has anything changed for labor for non patron players? I remember labor was impossible unless you are a patron... and if you could please explain why does patron matters so much after lvl 50 thank you !
    Well for non-patrons, there is no change to labor per say, but there is no longer an AFK time kicker, so you can stay afk to get your labor up it's pretty slow tho because it's only 5/5 min
    Patrons, now that is a different question, because now you get 10/5 min while both online or offline + all other patron buffs and loyalty tokens can be pretty usefull

I can say from personal experience, I was a non-patron for 3-4 months... it was pretty hard because the labor I get for 24 hours... I spent for 30 min in game, which makes money grinding (no matter what way you preffer) really, really hard! But after I got patron... now with MY gameplay style and time spent in game... it's almost impossible to spent it all!
    Money making is pretty easy, gearing ... debatable, but still not all that hard
    For the last month I started out around 2.5k GS as level 50 with just a Grand Obsidian Katana and quest gear... now I'm with Unique Cursed Obsidian Katana + Serp/Obsidian gear at 3.2k, not to mantion expanding my inventory to almost max + buying few costumes with spending only few hours a week (for some maybe it's not much, but I'm pretty pleased with myself, knowing I have not sacrificed anything from my personal life) But similar to what someone else said, get a good active guild, it's a game changer for everything, makes the game so much more enjoyable and easy (One of the reasons, why I was defending the server merges)
    People, please stay positive and don't forget to smile !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast