+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 292

  Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: So lets bring up the Event timings again...

  1. #271
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    So we've been over this multiple times, but I'm going to give the answer again, here it goes:

    We here at Trion are huge proponents of being able to split up the event times so they run at decent times for the regions we serve. We've asked XL about changing this feature multiple times (pretty much every time y'all bring it up), but we are told this is something they are not currently looking into doing.

    Here's the problem: ArcheAge was built for Korea, which has a single time zone. When the game was built, the event times were all intrinsically hardcoded into the game's server/client package. It's not a variable anywhere that can be easily flipped. This is why when we want to change any event timer, it requires a hotfix to the game. As we here at Trion don't do any coding for ArcheAge (it's XL's game, after all, we're only the publisher) XL has to produce a patch for us to change or extend a time.

    So, ArcheAge cannot parse out other time zones on a basic code level. The game cannot think in separate time zones; it can only think in a single timezone. Once a time is set, it's set for all servers because because they all run the same version of the game. This is why we ended up choosing times that worked for the majority of people who play the game, but there are still events that don't work out for one time zone or another. (Sorry, Oceanic and far Eastern European folks.)

    To add support for timezones would be a very large undertaking that would have to change the very underpinnings of the game's architecture. Simply put: it's not a trivial task. This is why when we request this feature, it has not been added to the prioritization list.

    I hope that explains things for everyone. TL;DR -- We really want to do this, but the game's very architecture does not support it. We've continually requested it, but changing it is a huge amount of work that would delay other systems and new content.
    would it be possible to change the mistmarrow that is at 220 pacific to 9 pm pacific because then there would be an organized pvp event every 6 hours 3 am and pm and 9 am and pm pacific no need to separate the severs one small time fix and every body gets to see a pvp event
    <Phoenix Legion western> rip inoch

  2. #272
    Senior Member Focslain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by arathon4real View Post
    would it be possible to change the mistmarrow that is at 220 pacific to 9 pm pacific because then there would be an organized pvp event every 6 hours 3 am and pm and 9 am and pm pacific no need to separate the severs one small time fix and every body gets to see a pvp event
    Wouldn't help everyone, if MM was moved to 9pm Pst it would have the following timetable via the rest of the playerbase:
    9pm pst, 12am est, 5am EU, 1pm OCE

    So only benefiting PST.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

    Experience colours perception.

  3. #273
    Senior Member Corsayr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,525
    Seriously Trion you have to fix this, stop screwing around and just get it done.

    DST has only made it worse.
    Tahyang - East
    ♪ Fayble A.K.A. Noel ♪
    Retirement Home

    "Fables are important, not because they tell us monsters are real, but because they teach us monsters can be defeated"

  4. #274
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    391
    In all honesty...
    All Events and World Boss spawns should be RANDOM

    But then the times may conflict you say... my response to that is that you must make a choice, which event is strategically more important to you ?

    Your guild will need to become organised. Send out scouts for checking on World Bosses. Be prepared to drop what you're doing when the world event popups... ie the Freedich Gold Trader run.

    Sure you'll miss some events... but at least everyone will get the chance at some point.

  5. #275
    Senior Member Focslain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by LiB View Post
    In all honesty...
    All Events and World Boss spawns should be RANDOM

    But then the times may conflict you say... my response to that is that you must make a choice, which event is strategically more important to you ?

    Your guild will need to become organised. Send out scouts for checking on World Bosses. Be prepared to drop what you're doing when the world event popups... ie the Freedich Gold Trader run.

    Sure you'll miss some events... but at least everyone will get the chance at some point.
    Not too opposed to this idea with a few minor twiks. The events that run on the in game time are fine since they reset every 4 hours, plenty of chances to hit them over the course of the day. Mirage Fishing event and sieges maintain a once a week standing and Halcyona not be random.

    I only say this due to the fact the Halcyona event is tied to it's peace/war cycle. Though I would like to see it return to it's 8 hour cycle instead of the current 12 hour cycle it has.

    For the random world bosses would a random spawn with in 50% to current time frame be acceptable? Give it a random feel but still have a chance to spawn at their normal times as well.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

    Experience colours perception.

  6. #276
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    Wouldn't help everyone, if MM was moved to 9pm Pst it would have the following timetable via the rest of the playerbase:
    9pm pst, 12am est, 5am EU, 1pm OCE

    So only benefiting PST.
    the reason i recommended this is because it would be a six hour spread between pvp events and everybody could at least make one event and primetime would not be to rushed
    <Phoenix Legion western> rip inoch

  7. #277
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    SupportArcher
    Posts
    3,119
    How does Korea and Russia have their own time zones for their regions but NA and EU can not

    I would have no problem choosing between afkRaidModeGR/CR and ANY other in game event..
    “We view any system that generates value, at a cost to customer happiness, as a broken system that we need to fix.”

    Valve On In-Game Economy

    Calim[Strike]Naima[/strike] Kraken East Support Archer

  8. #278
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    From what I know, it was literally our leading issue in yesterday's meetings. That's how much we would like it to change.
    Since you blame XL games, who according to previous posts won't alter a variable(s) on the server build and the client build (OMG what hardz codingz changes!), time to get some lawyers and refuse any further payments. Suddenly, they'll do a beautiful coding job in under half a day. Or it'll be the end of AA, which this piece of bull♥♥♥♥ is doing ANYWAY.

    And hell, you can also put a small piece of middleware between the AA server code and the clock that tells the AA program whatever time you want. Won't fix the overlap but then you can set NA and EU event times to whatever you want. Just use GM tools to make event announcements to the clients.

    Just endless excuses over what would amount to a trivial coding effort by either XL games or Trion. Time to hackzor!

  9. #279
    I dont think Trion even cares anymore... This game is sooo ♥♥♥♥ed
    -NA Calleil

  10. #280
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    Not too opposed to this idea with a few minor twiks. The events that run on the in game time are fine since they reset every 4 hours, plenty of chances to hit them over the course of the day. Mirage Fishing event and sieges maintain a once a week standing and Halcyona not be random.

    I only say this due to the fact the Halcyona event is tied to it's peace/war cycle. Though I would like to see it return to it's 8 hour cycle instead of the current 12 hour cycle it has.

    For the random world bosses would a random spawn with in 50% to current time frame be acceptable? Give it a random feel but still have a chance to spawn at their normal times as well.
    8 hour cycle would be the same problem, it would keep a block of people out because it would be the same time every day. You would need to make it not a divisor of 24. So something like an 11 hour cycle would slowly rotate the starting times around the entire clock. First one would be at say 14:00, then 1:00, 12:00, 23:00, 10:00, 21:00, 8:00, 19:00, etc... until you reached the beginning again. But then that means everyone will miss some days, but no one should miss every day.

    I think they should do this with Mistmerrow and Halcyona at minimum, and possibly Luscas (would prefer 2 times a day 11 hours apart).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts