+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Looking for another melee DPS class !

Quote Originally Posted by Muspellheim View Post
    Thx for your answer !
    (And sorry for my so late answer !)
    I gonna XP Occultisme then. But a Obsidian Katana is needed for that class, right ?
    Correct.

Vitalism = Obsidian Shortspear
    Occultism, Sorcery = Obsidian Katana

Witchcraft = prefers Obsidian Katana

I suggest you try out classes on the PTS. There are many possibilities, and most classes can be made to work pretty well. There are 35 classes with Battlerage, and only a dozen are so are really bad (Fleshshaper, Blackguard, Dirgeweaver, Lorebreaker, etc.). Not all are heavily melee, though, and might not all be what you're looking for exactly. I still mainly play Enforcer (Battlerage/Auramancy/Sorcery). Also really enjoyed Argent (Battlerage/Auramancy/Vitalism), but I can't play that and Enforcer at the same time since they require different weapons.

If you want a melee DPS, you need Battlerage (Shadowplay is too weak). Helps to have Auramancy or Shadowplay if you want extra DPS, but not totally necessary. I'll list ones to avoid. If they aren't listed here, then you should probably give them a go if they sound interesting.

Bad classes -- I see no way to make these actually valuable
    Sorcery/Vitalism (Fleshshaper)
    Occultism/Vitalism (Blackguard)
    Occultism/Songcraft (Lorebreaker)
    Witchcraft/Songcraft (Dirgeweaver)

Mostly mages
    Sorcery/Witchcraft (Harbinger)
    Sorcery/Occultism (Ravager)
    Occultism/Witchcraft (Hordebreaker)

Tough to play or gear, or mostly PvE uses -- try them if you want, but they probably won't be what you want
    Vitalism/Witchcraft (Dervish -- great farming class, though)
    Sorcery/Songcraft (Spellsword)
    Sorcery/Archery (Fiendhunter)
    Vitalism/Songcraft (Bloodthrall -- not a bad healer, but not quite the same in terms of DPS)

A few other notes, if you want to use a two-handed sword (nodachi), you are pretty much forced to use one of a few Battlerage/Shadowplay or Battlerage/Auramancy classes, combined with Witchcraft, Archery, or Songcraft. Those 7 classes are Darkrunner, Shadowblade, Outrider, Blade Dancer, Herald, Hex Warden, and Bonestalker. Also, a few of the Battlerage/Defense classes have fairly mediocre DPS, like Doomlord (Occultism), Hexblade (Witchcraft), Dawncaller (Songcraft), or Paladin (Vitalism) -- that does not make them weak at all, as Paladin is pretty OP, but it does mean they take a bit longer to kill.
    Level 55 Retired Theorycrafter / Mathemagician / Forum Warrior / Boundless Fountain of Rage
    Some starter suggestions on improving ArcheAge.
    <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchegeDown View Post
    count until 10....

Wow, thx for that really complet answer !
    I have a lot to try now. I'm also leveling every skil trees to 55.
    You said I should get a obsidian katana if I play with Occultisme or Witchcraft. Is it really a must if you only use CC skills from these skilltrees ?
    For exemple if I build Battlerage + Defense + Occultisme and use only CC skills, I'm not really that obsidian Katana is really needed ?

is hex warden still viable my guild cloak rolled str int spirit so fig i would roll a katana and go hex warden. Do i need to use a shield for hex warden or can i still duel wield? And any have a good build for this class.

4.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #14
    If you're still taking suggestions, I don't think I've EVER seen a Dervish on my server and that makes me super sad.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/357053

Now admittedly, I play mostly mage. But the idea of having more ranged snares than the average enemy has mobility moves sounds pretty hilarious to me. Plus all that fear/sleep/bubble would give you plenty of time to heal up if you needed!

Eeeh? eeeeh? Deeervish?

I main as argent ,but sometimes switch do DR for fun, similar gear required and similar play style (argent being a little slower at killing but better at survival). Both fun classes
    Argent - TylosPranase @ Anthalon
    Swiftstone - LastDinosaur @ Rangora

Quote Originally Posted by Quillodon View Post
    If you're still taking suggestions, I don't think I've EVER seen a Dervish on my server and that makes me super sad.

Now admittedly, I play mostly mage. But the idea of having more ranged snares than the average enemy has mobility moves sounds pretty hilarious to me. Plus all that fear/sleep/bubble would give you plenty of time to heal up if you needed!

Eeeh? eeeeh? Deeervish?
    you seriously speak my language. I finally just got my epic t5 katana. Since i have a divine t5 shortspear i was going to actually try out dervish...the only problem, though, is weapon swapping is a ♥♥♥♥♥ for me b/c of my ping

I've tried Dervish for grinding library. That's just the best! You have 2 passive mana generators and you can heal yourself. You can buff yourself and with mirror light and resurgence up all the time you don't really need any other heal. If you're on 50% health use antithesis and you're good to go. If your mana get's low (happens really rarely) you just play dead. You need a Shortspear with healing ofc and I would highly recommend using a dmg book and the library buff. I also use my lvl 52 battle Kitsu for more dmg .

Here's the build: http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/357087
    Hmm. So someone RPing a trader/caravaner is more legitimate than someone who wants to play a bandit or pirate. - Altimar

Dervish look like a PvE class. I'm a PvP player

Spellsword can actually be pretty devastating in pvp as well. Especially when you're building it along the lines I am. Caveat, it's cloth, so squishy af, but it has a lot of control combos.

Skillset: http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/357147

Gear:
    • Pure Pants
    • Obsidian boots
    • Obsidian Katana
    • eph+ hatchetblade cloak
    • 2x wave rings

With those at various high grades, and a 2% cast time lunafrost on the headpiece, wombined with hummingbird ditty and the sorc/song passives, my spellsword's cast time is currently 52.7% I believe. And that's with t1 obsi boots. Once I finish the boots, my next goal is to obtain cele+ bow and instrument, and then farm up prestige for a dozen or two Torrent lunascales. At mythic level on both, I'd be able to get another 9% reduction from lunascales. 18% if rngesus was with me when I used T3 lunagems.

And this is where quill might either like the class, or be terrified of it- if you cannot counter stuns, Startling Strain will stun you for 2 seconds while reducing my cast time on meteor to far under 2 seconds. If I remember correctly, it would actually be <1s with startling strain's caster buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillodon View Post

Eeeh? eeeeh? Deeervish?
    I could see this being a plausible PvP class, but not the way you built it :P
    Draciele
    <Fist of the Empire>
    Wynn Nuia

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast