View Poll Results: Would you like Trion to disallow blockades in ArcheAge and take action against those who set them up

Voters
1024. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would like Trion to change the blockade policy and disallow blockades in ArcheAge.

690 67.38%
  • No, I'd like for the blockade policy to stay the way it is.

334 32.62%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Blockade Policy Poll & Discussion

How about addressing the issue by removing the ability for the tractors to not be moved? Let the players solve these problems, but give us the tools to do so.
    Another launch, another dumpster fire...

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    The issue is users who have no guild who afk for hours on end in a safe zone. They can't be dominioned, and they can't be moved. There literally is very little counter-play. But if you feel otherwise, please, post away.
    Well then add physics to the haulers, make them pushable, make them take collision damage even in non-pvp zones. the code for physics weight is already in the game, just have XL turn it on.

Nothing I dislike more than some piece of trash in a videogame being able to waste my valuable time by blocking my cart/ship in a safe zone. It doesn't take "skill" to do this. All you do is summon a cart, or multiple if you have more than one account, and drive into them to make them stuck. This game has too many griefers as is, and griefing in a PvE zone shouldn't be allowed.

If trade run values are down all people will need to do is play smarter or do trade runs in pvp zones. There is no reason for people to be allowed to afk block a bridge in a peace zone where this is no way around and no way to stop them. If 99.9% of the server gets blocked by 1 lvl 1 with a farm cart.. lol.. why the fk is this allowed? I've been saying this since launch.

Honestly, why the fk can a level 1 in a peace zone completely shut off a trade route if blocked in the correct spot? It's ******ed. The people who actually support this are ******ed. It isn't competitive. It isn't "skill". It doesn't require even a pinch of intellect. The only thing it does do is allow a complete ♥♥♥♥♥♥bag the ability to ruin the fun of not one, nor two, nor five, nor 10, nor 50, nor 100, but almost an entire factions worth of trade runners' fun.

Afk or not, it is still incredibly ******ed.

As I've shown on Morpheus server, it is incredibly easy and requires 0 skill or time to successfully blockade an entire faction from doing safe zone trade runs. You set up carts on choke points, bait people into rider's escaping, and have another blockade trapping the individual(s) who rider's escaped. The saddest part is that Trion is allowing people to do this. It is incredibly ******ed. During my 2 days of doing this on Morpheus I saw multiple people just drop their packs on the ground, de-summon their cart, swear at me, then log out cursing the game. Like honestly, I probably made people quit the game by blockading. Imagine how many people actually quit this game because this blockade system has been allowed. It's like, hey guys, I can grief you and you can't do jack about it. How you like dem apples?................ <- seriously?

I won't be surprised when this vote fails. Ultimately, it should come down to Trion's decision, and after a year or so of this game being out I hope they finally come to the right decision.

The only type of blockades that should be allowed are blockades setup during war/conflict times for users who are willing to risk their carts/ships for blockading purposes.. Anyone who uses a blockade via their cart or ship during peacetime should be banned. That simple. If this vote doesn't go through, then everyone should just make a level 1 and wait 7 days to acquire a farm cart (or spend 115g and make one), then put it afk on a choke point just in spite of this poll. Honestly, if people really don't see an issue with blockading, then people should abuse it so badly half of the player's quit the game. Maybe then it'll get some notice.

Also, rider's escape should be used as a way to unstuck a character's vehicle from a bugged spot. Such as, their client loaded an area a bit slow and it got stuck into a side of a road like a hill/fence, etc, where they literally can't move. It shouldn't need to be used to bypass some ♥♥♥♥♥♥ blocking on a farmcart. The whole point of the unstuck feature (rider's escape) is for when the player(s) who fall through the map/get stuck in terrain, etc. It shouldn't be the ONLY way to get past a cart. Sandbox or not, that is just bad game design, and catering to the griefers instead of the actual majority of non-griefer players is simply wrong.
    Hustling is Morpheus server's #1 Hustler in all things Hustling.
    If you think you've been Hustled by the infamous Hustling, then perhaps you deserved to be Hustled by Hustling.
    Hustling is proud to be an American Hero and a Death and Taxes member.
    Youtube video of Hustling beating Thanks For Playing in a dominion 2v100; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCMz86_T3A0

The issue is users who have no guild who afk for hours on end in a safe zone. They can't be dominioned, and they can't be moved. There literally is very little counter-play. But if you feel otherwise, please, post away.
    This right here. An active blockade is one thing, and probably should be a part of this game. But creating a blockade then going afk for hours on end is another thing entirely. Someone who is afk should have zero affect on my game play.

The other part of this is being able to counter it. If someone attacks me, I can fight back. There is nothing that can be done about a blockade in a safe zone. No repercussions for the blockader, not risking anything to do this.
    Arylian
    Commander of Vanquish

Tahyang West

Sounds like you voted to change the policy Celestrata.

Here's my two cents: I've run my fair share of packs, and never once done any cart/wagon/hauler blocking. That being said, I hope you DON'T change the policy. The community usually has a way of policing itself on these things, and i'd prefer it stayed that way. If anything, add some new abilities to haulers, drastically reduces riders escape, or make it so heroes can flag a non-moving hauler for destruction in a peace zone.

Many people have taken to... interesting ways... to screw with Rider's Escape. Like multilevel blockades.
    The problem is, you can't enforce such a rule reliably anyways, without having GM's policing the streets of every server, sure you could accept screenshots from players reporting but screenshots can be questionable like "Oh this hauler in front of me on the ville bridge is blocking traffic" when in reality it was just some guy who happened to be in front of the screenshotter when the screenshot was taken, but his hauler is still moving but you can't see it in a static screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympiad View Post
    Nothing I dislike more than some piece of trash in a videogame being able to waste my valuable time by blocking my cart/ship in a safe zone. It doesn't take "skill" to do this. All you do is summon a cart, or multiple if you have more than one account, and drive into them to make them stuck. This game has too many griefers as is, and griefing in a PvE zone shouldn't be allowed.

If trade run values are down all people will need to do is play smarter or do trade runs in pvp zones. There is no reason for people to be allowed to afk block a bridge in a peace zone where this is no way around and no way to stop them. If 99.9% of the server gets blocked by 1 lvl 1 with a farm cart.. lol.. why the fk is this allowed? I've been saying this since launch.

Honestly, why the fk can a level 1 in a peace zone completely shut off a trade route if blocked in the correct spot? It's ******ed. The people who actually support this are ******ed. It isn't competitive. It isn't "skill". It doesn't require even a pinch of intellect. The only thing it does do is allow a complete ♥♥♥♥♥♥bag the ability to ruin the fun of not one, nor two, nor five, nor 10, nor 50, nor 100, but almost an entire factions worth of trade runners' fun.

Afk or not, it is still incredibly ******ed.

After playing Archeage for a long time I've realized. 95% of this community are either A. Griefers who get pleasure from wasting other people's time. B. Mentally ill.

I won't be surprised when this vote fails. Ultimately, it should come down to Trion's decision, and after a year or so of this game being out I hope they finally come to the right decision.
    Interesting take considering your signature.

I voted yes for a change, but I feel it needs to be expanded upon.

While blockades are annoying, they absolutely do serve a function. Frustrating people in order to promote a mistake that allows you to steal their hauler, for example. Trying to do the same to someone who stole your packs, etc. This is a part of the game.

That said, people should be required to be present. AFKing while blockading is not immersive gameplay. It's not an aspect of sandbox gameplay. It's simply a way to get a few laughs out of making the game less enjoyable for others. The simple solution, particularly with regards to current labor generating mechanics, would be to turn on AFK kicking. That's not ideal for F2P folks, I know, and other solutions might be just as viable. At the end of the day, though, blockades should be allowed; AFK blockades should not.
    Rickie
    <Lusty Seabugs>
    Pirates Green of Nazar, Bastards of Lucius. Returned for AA:U as a filthy casual on Runert.

Never Say Die.

trion should totally change the policy and and not allow the blockades anymore. Traderuns can be so much fun but not with blockades and with all those griefers ingame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast