View Poll Results: Would you like Trion to disallow blockades in ArcheAge and take action against those who set them up

Voters
1024. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would like Trion to change the blockade policy and disallow blockades in ArcheAge.

690 67.38%
  • No, I'd like for the blockade policy to stay the way it is.

334 32.62%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Blockade Policy Poll & Discussion

It should be illegal to blockade anywhere where you can not purple and kill the offender. If you can initiate combat on the troll then its fair game to do the blockade.
    Reaper
    No Hesitation No Surrender

notice how everyone commenting is TT6... or other blockers?

I think the change needs to be like this.

You can block the road if you are at the keyboard. If the away symbol is up on your head your tracker or vehicle becomes transparent so people can pass through.

I believe blocking a road for 10 hours while you sleep is absolutely ridiculous. If you can block a road why not an npc? It makes zero sense.

Wink

TT6 is a guild that likes to be annoying and likes to control and oppress. I say remove blockades so all can make their money. Don't let a big guild keep other guilds from making their money. In fact cut TT6 down to ten people and make them play with one weapon tied to their backs. I suggest making TT6 illegal so that Kryios can be the happy server it used to be. Nothing worse than annoying people doing annoying things for silly ♥♥♥♥ed up purposes. Blockades are one of them. Take away all their haulers, teach em a lesson.

P.S. There is more of us, than there is of them. I'm tired of paying my cash into a game where dicks try to control it. Couldn't TT6 go back to their original server or disband or sumtin? They aren't even on our side. The reds are more honorable than them

P.S.S Since the dawn of heroes and Archeage 2.0 they have actually behaved pretty decently. They might actually get the idea that they are fighting for the green side. So, don't be too mean to them. Haven't seen a blockade in a while

P.S.S.S But if they go back to their stupidity could we transfer them to the red side, I'm sure they could destroy the west real fast

Except there is nothing sandbox about blockading in a safe zone with no potential consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Greetings Adventurers!

Recently, the team has been looking over many of our existing policies, and one in particular has come up in our discussions: Blockades. They've been the subject of many community posts and many recent events. Many players have suggested that we change our policy on blockades, but others have suggested that they are in the spirit of the sandbox.

After discussing it internally, we may be changing our stance on our prior policy of allowing blockades, but we want to hear from you guys before making any decisions. Please vote in the poll above if you would like for Trion to take action against those who set up blockades or would like to leave our existing policy in place. If you have additional feedback, please be sure to post it into the thread below.

We'll collect your feedback for the next two days, until Thursday, October 15th, 2015. We will use the final community feedback to decide on if we will be changing our blockade policy and disallowing blockades anywhere in the game.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts, adventurers!
    Personally I'd prefer if you did something about the zerg red guilds coming to our CR & GR wearing 5k+ GS gear and destroying our mobs making the entire event non-completable and wiping the entire raid out in a few swift AOE's. having to find an alternate route around say, a bridge in Ville isnt that big a deal, sure it's annoying, but its passable via riders escape or alternate route. I wouldnt mind some push physics though, its pretty bad when someone on a longboard can bring a hauler to a dead stop anywhere by jamming into the side of it at the drivers seat.

I agree what Teroh said

Blockading with plants or wagons does not increase the price you get for trade packs. It allows juvenile minded players to sit and laugh while others do their best to get around the blockade. Despite other posts, there are not always ways around a blockade. My guild and I have done what we can to help our members and others, by moving packs to haulers not blocked or using donkeys or on foot. However, blockading as I've observed it is simply bullying. I know it is not the purpose of an online game to teach values. but why set policies to encourage such juvenile and mean behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    The issue is users who have no guild who afk for hours on end in a safe zone. They can't be dominioned, and they can't be moved. There literally is very little counter-play. But if you feel otherwise, please, post away.
    Riders escape does the trick no? I have yet to see a tractor blockade full of guild-less people. The Afk blockers are easy to work around if you have friends or someone to help...

9.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #19
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsaroo View Post
    Riders escape does the trick no? I have yet to see a tractor blockade full of guild-less people. The Afk blockers are easy to work around if you have friends or someone to help...
    Many people have taken to... interesting ways... to screw with Rider's Escape. Like multilevel blockades.

Do I think people should be able to block, yes. Should they allowed to be AFK while doing it, in my opinion I don't think so. Being AFK while blocking is stupid, they not actually there playing the game, they could be off in the kitchen making a sandwich.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast