View Poll Results: Would you like Trion to disallow blockades in ArcheAge and take action against those who set them up

Voters
1024. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would like Trion to change the blockade policy and disallow blockades in ArcheAge.

690 67.38%
  • No, I'd like for the blockade policy to stay the way it is.

334 32.62%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Blockade Policy Poll & Discussion

While blockades make me crazy there is usually a way around them and it's just part of the game so I say no to making any changes to the policy in general. I will agree with the others though who have said that AFK blockades are an entirely different story altogether. Those should not be allowed to continue as they have. If you are going to annoy your fellow players you should at least have to be there.

Give us a way to move the offender out of the way or be able to destroy it and I think you'll find fewer people "bothered" by blockades.
    Merrit

Mysterium
    Arcanist
    Kyrios

Reality is for people who lack imagination.

Blockades in pvp zones not an issue, but after seeing many people on my server have afk lvl 9s with multiple farm carts smashed into roadways for literally entire days, I do think something needs to be done. I wouldn't do away with blockades entirely, I do hate them and think they are childish, but that's life. No blockades in peace zones or like other people have said, allow pushing, something.

Whilst i understnad that blockades are currently 'within' the rules, I really do feel that something needs to be changed, and then upheld as well.

Blockades in themselves are ok, its natural and replicates real life..... toll gates anyone.

however the major problem is people that take it to extreme to simply be an 'arse', one person on my server is know to have multiple alts and use them all to blockade. They then go afk and leave their haulers blocking routes completely.

How about somehow instigating something that forces people that are blockading to be present with the hauler, not afk.

something definitely needs changing, but unfortuantely i am not quite sure what.

This is a sandbox game about pirating. I get that there should be safe zones, however they should plan accordingly in some situations in order to avoid areas no longer in peace.Why should they not also have to plan around blockades? It is not like the major blockades run 24/7 as they once did. Can Trion really police the blockades anyway? I think there needs to be a creative solution rather than giving into a segment of the player base. Not everyone reads or contributes to the forums , So would you really base a decision like this off a simple poll...would you really let the players contribute to changing a feature such as this? This is a controversial topic and needs to be adressed and finalized. This topic comes up every so often and the stance is never firm, and giving the illusion to the players that they could impact a standing in game feature is potentially dangerous going forward. If you were polling for a new feature it would be fine, but imo the fact that we are still talking about it is silly. The outward perception of Trion lately has been dipping more drastically(even more than before). Tickets have been answered at a much slower pace, and the rapidness of updates has caused many headaches and an underwhelming response to any of the issues. Was this necessary to bring up at this time? You have a somewhat loyal player base who stick with the game for whatever reason, and if nothing was done about blockades ..they would not bat an eye. So is there some sort of statement with this sudden interest in policy change? Not a smart move imo at all, even if it is just a simple poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    The issue is users who have no guild who afk for hours on end in a safe zone. They can't be dominioned, and they can't be moved. There literally is very little counter-play. But if you feel otherwise, please, post away.
    Then why not just make make things like Farm Carts/Haulers have standard collision instead of being immobile? I mean if you could just bash a Cart out of the way with your cart then there would be more counterplay and you wouldn't have to deal with the floodgate size wave of reports you're going to get from people crying wolf over blockading.

I feel like this is game play and nothing more. when you start making rules like this it just snowballs today blockades tomorrow camping freed where do you stop? play style is play style blockades are game play and there is always a way around them

You Trion gave away 30 day free cart. So it was easy to do so at first. It will calm down after the 30 days have finished.

Blockades are part of the game. If they the player cant get into the city from its many entrances then the player needs to , ie: be part of a guild , use one or more entrances into the city, go to another trader.

Do not make this a bannable offense .

I'm don't run a lot of packs myself so blockades don't hinder me much if at all, but I've had to help a ton of guild mates who have run into them. Players have it in their minds to grief folks in most games and in most games it's not acceptable. I'm always surprised by what Trion has let pass as a lot of the bad blockades are griefing methods with current game mechanics. In my eyes afk blocking with multiple accounts or multiple players with multiple accounts is griefing, especially in peace zones. Some of the accounts are afk while the player is off playing one or more accounts and can switch back easily. All those other accounts are just planted doing nothing for hours on end with no way of moving them.

Those afk blocking accounts serve no real purpose other than player count and subscription money if they actually pay real money. Paid blocking accounts will always remain because Trion will be afraid to ban them and lose that money. There should be ways to kick them offline but it's easy to set up something to be 'active' instead of 'away.' So yes, please make it so you can move vehicles with the magic of physics. It's already ridiculous a skateboard can stop a hauler while a hauler can ride right over a coupe.

People can claim sandbox game on this but it's cause they're taking advantage of current bad game mechanic of not being able to bump/move other vehicles aside. I mean you can do that with ships since start, why not land vehicles? You can do that with people and mounts, why not land vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillypop View Post
    Personally I'd prefer if you did something about the zerg red guilds coming to our CR & GR wearing 5k+ GS gear and destroying our mobs making the entire event non-completable and wiping the entire raid out in a few swift AOE's. having to find an alternate route around say, a bridge in Ville isnt that big a deal, sure it's annoying, but its passable via riders escape or alternate route. I wouldnt mind some push physics though, its pretty bad when someone on a longboard can bring a hauler to a dead stop anywhere by jamming into the side of it at the drivers seat.
    You do understand you can go do theirs and this event happens in a pvp zone right?

You could fight back if your could get a full raid or 2 together... This mechanic is working fine... Pvp zone allows conflict between people....

The issue is afk alts blocking the trade path in safe zones for fun...
    Stupid phone and your auto correct.

Quote Originally Posted by LOokc View Post
    I feel like this is game play and nothing more. when you start making rules like this it just snowballs today blockades tomorrow camping freed where do you stop? play style is play style blockades are game play and there is always a way around them
    There is not always a way round.... Don't even bring up legging packs to a friend's cart 100 meters or so on the other side of the blockages.

Thats a joke there is a difference between working together to better your self and bothering people to assist because of a group of trolls blocking all paths...
    Stupid phone and your auto correct.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast