View Poll Results: Would you like Trion to disallow blockades in ArcheAge and take action against those who set them up

Voters
1024. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would like Trion to change the blockade policy and disallow blockades in ArcheAge.

690 67.38%
  • No, I'd like for the blockade policy to stay the way it is.

334 32.62%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Blockade Policy Poll & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Marmalade View Post
    Please reconsider this....
    Trade route blockades are annoying but part of the game. I have had people try to block me from finishing a trade run.... I have called on guild members for help and we have figured out ways to get around them.
    Pack taxes are another pirating aspect of the game. Take that away and you may as well just remove the pirate faction altogether. (Please don't ever do that.)
    The people crying about trade route blockades are morons with half a brain who can't figure out solutions to their problems. Abolishing yet another play style, no matter how pesky it might be, is only making the game less interesting and driving away a specific player group.
    We are talking about multiple blockades of mainly multiboxing alts. You clearly don't belong to a server victim of those blockades. If you want to know how those blockades are we are talking about here, please read my former posts. And there are surely ways around those multiple blockades, but those are even with many guildies really time-consuming, and sorry, I rather spend 3 hours in real life than on some TR that would usually take 20 minutes.

Pirate faction has nothing to do with this whole blockade and is a small side-note in pvp areas with blockades. Even if this faction would be removed (what is a redicules idea of you) there are still the "green" pirates. And when you don't know what this is, then you really live on a noob server with really trusting people....

And what the hell are "pack taxes"???

Someone else said something about ppl who dc on bridges would be reported and banned if blocking becomes illigale gameplay.
    This is clearly something else: When one player DCs even on a bridge with packs on his car, I'm 100% sure that he won't be reported since even the most noob player will realize that this is no intended blockade.

Even if the player is reported, then I'm sure that Trion can check that it was a dc that caused the blockade.

And by the way: if someone dc with a car/hauler then he either vanishes or he keeps standing on the driver seat.

Even with the owner mark turned on, after two minutes everyone is able to drive the dc-vehicle away, thus clearing the path AND if they are mean stealing packs by driving the vehicle into mobs.....

i love this show.

RIP Stormcaster April 5 2018
    RIP Antithesis Burst Dec 10 2016
    "Cow Herding Master"
    Defy Expectations | Crush that Confidence :3

I don't mind blockades, but I wish they made it harder to do. Like, those guys just make alts, run multiple clients and keep them there afk while they play something else.
    Make it harder to do like constant captchas or something XD
    Izuno the guild Leader of <Lag Horizon> Nazar (ex-Lucius) NA
    Guild activities:
    • Having fun (In game, on skype, on league, in other games, etc etc)
    • Gearing up newer members
    • Money making
    • Farming
    • Roleplaying!
    • Dungeon runs
    Goals: To be the best, that no one ever was.
    <Crests1> <Crests2>
    Raidcall ID 10053814 not... very active on this
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Sakeru View Post
    We are talking about multiple blockades of mainly multiboxing alts. You clearly don't belong to a server victim of those blockades. If you want to know how those blockades are we are talking about here, please read my former posts. And there are surely ways around those multiple blockades, but those are even with many guildies really time-consuming, and sorry, I rather spend 3 hours in real life than on some TR that would usually take 20 minutes.

Pirate faction has nothing to do with this whole blockade and is a small side-note in pvp areas with blockades. Even if this faction would be removed (what is a redicules idea of you) there are still the "green" pirates. And when you don't know what this is, then you really live on a noob server with really trusting people....

And what the hell are "pack taxes"???

Someone else said something about ppl who dc on bridges would be reported and banned if blocking becomes illigale gameplay.
    This is clearly something else: When one player DCs even on a bridge with packs on his car, I'm 100% sure that he won't be reported since even the most noob player will realize that this is no intended blockade.

Even if the player is reported, then I'm sure that Trion can check that it was a dc that caused the blockade.

And by the way: if someone dc with a car/hauler then he either vanishes or he keeps standing on the driver seat.

Even with the owner mark turned on, after two minutes everyone is able to drive the dc-vehicle away, thus clearing the path AND if they are mean stealing packs by driving the vehicle into mobs.....
    Pack taxes are where they make you hand over a pack and then let you through... Never seen that before?
    PIE IS WIN

Starcarver ~ Morpheus ~ Pirates
    <Exiled>

Quote Originally Posted by Marmalade View Post
    Pack taxes are where they make you hand over a pack and then let you through... Never seen that before?
    Ah, surely I know this, but at my old server this occured almost a year ago with those single blockades everyone could simply pass.

The blockades here are multiple and massive and I don't think anyone on my old server or the new merged one ever payed pack taxes since if you had to do it at even every third blockade, you would arrive at the goldtrader with only one pack at your back....

Also, almost all blockers are afk alts of troll(s), so they don't even respond when you speak with them, let alone when you drop a pack at their feet as fee.

You just verified my assumption that you are one of those blockers yourself... when blocking roads is the best you can come up as a "green" pirate, I feel sorry for you, since there are on my old and new server "green" pirates and scammers of another scale than you....

As a side-note: There were even good blockers at my old server, who were fighting the traderun-bots! Those "blockers" of the guild Pulse only blocked HALF of the path with two of their carts in Villanelle. Thus every real player could simply drive past and laugh at the three bots on their donkeys running against the blockade day after day until their pre-programmed route was over and they simply ported away with yet another hack, resulting them to respawn with their pack NEXT to them at the next Nui.... (these good blockers hardly ever took the packs waiting at the nui themselves, those packs were free loot for any other passing player, while the bots were already on their way again)

Great job guys!

sigh... since this is so vaguely put it would mean that if you try and block an enemy, and i dont mean red/pirate but greens that are in a guild that pirates or w/e, for example at sea/peace zone to try and pull them out with to war zone etc, they would just have to screenshot report and then you are banned...

Also has none of you heard of riders escape or going around the blockade if you cant you can always call a friend transfer pack over the blockade and continue -.-, no friend well... i cant solve that problem -.-
    I personally ive encountered quite a few and i was always was able to bypass them with said methods so the only thing ill agree on this post is npc/object blocking and even those you can bypass in most cases...

Quote Originally Posted by N3kko View Post
    sigh... since this is so vaguely put it would mean that if you try and block an enemy, and i dont mean red/pirate but greens that are in a guild that pirates or w/e, for example at sea/peace zone to try and pull them out with to war zone etc, they would just have to screenshot report and then you are banned...

Also has none of you heard of riders escape or going around the blockade if you cant you can always call a friend transfer pack over the blockade and continue -.-, no friend well... i cant solve that problem -.-
    I personally ive encountered quite a few and i was always was able to bypass them with said methods so the only thing ill agree on this post is npc/object blocking and even those you can bypass in most cases...
    Pretty sure that's allowed, that's the reason they added harpoons to ships.

helo if its the afk blocking that needs to be changed just ask xl to code in a mechanism that will release control of hauler after x amount of time, (away text perhaps?). this should be easy bit to add and would fix the issue while still maintaining possibility of actively doing pvp with haulers in peace zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Many people have taken to... interesting ways... to screw with Rider's Escape. Like multilevel blockades.
    it's pretty simple, lower the cooldown of Rider's Escape, no Reason for it to have 30min cooldown imao, so with a lower cooldown, ppl could easily dodge the blockades also avoid whenever the cars get blocked by an obstacle, i know ppl will always try any exploit with it, btw punish an exploiter is better than punish a blockade, because this guy is really doing something wrong.

Not sure why this poll is closed. some of us, and my guild just found out about it. Our guild has an overwhelming YES, that cart blocking shouldn't be allowed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast