+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: A reminder regarding harassment, threats, and hate speech

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar

A reminder regarding harassment, threats, and hate speech

As this has come up a few times as of late, especially when it pertains to in-game mail, whispers, and activities. We’d like to remind all users that the following is not permitted in the ArcheAge community, and can lead to your account being muted or banned from the game:
    • Targeted harassment that bypasses in-game blocks. (Such as sending mail to bypass /ignore, or creating alternate characters/accounts to continue to harass an individual.)
    • Sending real life threats to a user through ArcheAge by any means.
    • The use of hate speech, racial slurs, or threats of sexual violence in any chat channel.
    • Distributing another user’s personal information through ArcheAge by any means.

While we still want to encourage the usual PvP smacktalk between players, ArcheAge should still be a safe, welcoming environment for players of all walks of life.

If you witness someone breaking any of the rules above or are targeted by this behavior, please report it to us at http://support.trionworlds.com through the “Submit a request” option. Our CS team will investigate the report and take action against the person if it is warranted.

If you have questions regarding any of the policies above, or simply wish to comment on these changes, please post your thoughts right here.

May Nui smile upon your travels throughout Erenor!

Sincerely,
    The ArcheAge Team

The amount of tickets sent in about apauling behavior and abuse 3 months ago of a guild I will not name that weren't addressed has me worried that nothing will change.
    Yam DiscipleDream Evil - Catalyst - TangoSwiffles

WORLD CHAMPS

A full guild uses the right click report function to mute me for several days, this has happened more than once. I contacted the live chat and nothing happened.

The only way to have your issues addressed is to PAAAAAAAAAY, YOU PAAAAAAAAAY they do something. You don't pay, you will get nothing. If you spend all your $$$ on the game, you can cheat, harass, hack and anything else you desire because they will not get rid of customers who spend so much.

Did Trion actually thought about the implications of this post? Do you know how many guilds are abusing the report buttons ingame and on forums and no actions are taken on those players? Because of the auto-ban set on forums, you can delete and ban anyone for a short-medium period of time on forums if u have enough people to spam reports.

PS: Once you get banned trion support are not able to help you with anything, like always.
    ZEAL

While I appreciate Trion is FINALLY making this policy, it will really do little good to prevent the harassment problems. I was harassed for months by a player who made free account to do the harassment. I did finally get an account banned, but nothing happened to the main; she continues to play regularly. Though, when I mostly stopped playing I guess she lost interest in griefing me for the rare times I was on. This is too late to retain my subscription, but I'm glad that some player in the future may be spared the treatment I received.
    I can certainly understand how that can be frustrating. We're unable to assist with your request. I apologize for the inconvenience.

This is the majority of east faction chat on Salphira towards a completely undeserving, competitive, polite girl (genetic female as well, despite the slurs).
    I hope you'll actually do something about this instead of ignoring the countless reports she's sent in about misogynistic (and transphobic, even if she's a genetic female) players like this?
    Blocking doesn't stop the hatespeech, both players have eachother blocked and we still see these comments in regular chat all the damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by swiffles View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    As this has come up a few times as of late, especially when it pertains to in-game mail, whispers, and activities. We’d like to remind all users that the following is not permitted in the ArcheAge community, and can lead to your account being muted or banned from the game:
    • Targeted harassment that bypasses in-game blocks. (Such as sending mail to bypass /ignore, or creating alternate characters/accounts to continue to harass an individual.)
    • Sending real life threats to a user through ArcheAge by any means.
    • The use of hate speech, racial slurs, or threats of sexual violence in any chat channel.
    • Distributing another user’s personal information through ArcheAge by any means.

While we still want to encourage the usual PvP smacktalk between players, ArcheAge should still be a safe, welcoming environment for players of all walks of life.

If you witness someone breaking any of the rules above or are targeted by this behavior, please report it to us at http://support.trionworlds.com through the “Submit a request” option. Our CS team will investigate the report and take action against the person if it is warranted.

If you have questions regarding any of the policies above, or simply wish to comment on these changes, please post your thoughts right here.

May Nui smile upon your travels throughout Erenor!

Sincerely,
    The ArcheAge Team
    Don't you have serious issues to fix atm which are more important? Your playerbase is waiting to get a working game back. To get skills that are working and events that are working.

Sincerely
    Your playerbase

Um, I've seen lots of people violating the rule but not even a single one of them got banned. People even sent some reports to CS but no action. Also, your CS takes weeks or a month to solve an issue and now Chat Support takes an hour until you get to chat to a CS staff. I recommend you address and fix your Customer Support first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast