+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: A reminder regarding harassment, threats, and hate speech

Most of us are adults! Do you think a few strangers verbally abuse or killing me over and over can hurt me in real life? If you're that weak, just don't play pvp game! How do you get so offended or stress from someone you don't even know or met? Just a game.. think about it. Trion, stop being our parents. BTW, fix your game!

This thread has derailed so many different ways, please lock this and in the future just lock the thread after you've stated your point and advise people to open a ticket. Just letting this thread go on is just going to add more stuff we don't really want/need to see on the forums.

for all that you say I was harassed for weeks multiple accounts owned by 1 person blocked him still received mails asked him nicely to stop with the insults. It got so bad he got other people to start insulting me aswel. Please note it was all one sided I never said anything mean or hurtful to him either in a mail faction or /w I wrote in a report with screen shots of account targeting me in a week all his accounts were banned his main account permanently. Im not pay 2 win I dont spend any money on this game at all. If u want to report someone for targeting u you cant have said rude things to that person otherwise your setting urself up to fail.

There was a guild mate who was severely harassed by another player about 8 months back. She had screenshots of the igms, mail messages, and even the support responses.

Basically support told her that she should expect to get sexually harassed since she was a girl playing in a mostly male game world. Needless to say she quit the after that.

The offending player is still running his mouth on our server harassing other women even in open faction chat.

I don't remember the exact wording used by support, but I do clearly remember what this guild mate was told by support was beyond appalling, and the lack of action taken was disgusting.

If this type of harassment is truly a concern. Start actually banning offending players.

This thread has to be the biggest load of nonsense I've ever seen. Trion... if you aren't actually going to enforce this stuff please save us the time and don't post threads like this. We've seen hate speech over and over. We've seen repeated attacks by the same people and they never get the boot. This is all lip service. Ban the offenders or don't waste our time.

Can anyone from Kraken/Enla say Fayl? Yeah. He has violated about every possible code of conduct yet is still around.

Nothing will happen...
    Trion dont ban bot users, land hack users, MOD users and do not will ban racist players..

We made a lot of tickets about it and nothing happens...
    Death Law
    Website Twitch YoutubeFacebook
    Playing archeage since korean OBT 02/01/2013
    Os melhores guias de archeage estão em nosso website!

Only put in tickets where it was way above and beyond on the harrassment. Said person gets chat banned at least once a week. Then they are back at it.

Trion did nothing.

0 faith they ever will. This notice is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    As this has come up a few times as of late, especially when it pertains to in-game mail, whispers, and activities. We’d like to remind all users that the following is not permitted in the ArcheAge community, and can lead to your account being muted or banned from the game:
    • Targeted harassment that bypasses in-game blocks. (Such as sending mail to bypass /ignore, or creating alternate characters/accounts to continue to harass an individual.)
    • Sending real life threats to a user through ArcheAge by any means.
    • The use of hate speech, racial slurs, or threats of sexual violence in any chat channel.
    • Distributing another user’s personal information through ArcheAge by any means.

While we still want to encourage the usual PvP smacktalk between players, ArcheAge should still be a safe, welcoming environment for players of all walks of life.

If you witness someone breaking any of the rules above or are targeted by this behavior, please report it to us at http://support.trionworlds.com through the “Submit a request” option. Our CS team will investigate the report and take action against the person if it is warranted.

If you have questions regarding any of the policies above, or simply wish to comment on these changes, please post your thoughts right here.

May Nui smile upon your travels throughout Erenor!

Sincerely,
    The ArcheAge Team
    I have a question : How do you actually handle "hate speech" or "racial slurs"? Let me be blunt here, an in game person i know was chat banned for a week for calling someone "******", he was told : using "homophobic slur" and giving "hate speech against a certain group of people" is against ToS and bla bla bla. But he DID NOT do any of that, in fact he himself is homosexual and the guy he called "******" was actually from guild who are pretty annoying and he likes to purple them all the time, the guy continued to pm him and call him names and he said "annoying piece of ♥♥♥♥ ******s like you should just go to east side", this is not a hate speech against homosexuals or any group of people or not a racial slur. He was wrongfully chat banned.

Now comes another point, how uneducated are your customer support people or the people who are making these rules for you? Do they have dictionary? Can they search the dictionary for the words "******" and "***"?

Now another point, if you insist that "******" and "***" are "only" used to harass homosexuals so the people should be banned for using these words, do you also proclaim that homosexuals should always be harassed with these words? Exactly what kind of person in their right minds allow this kind of bigotry to continue? What kind of world we are living in? Is this a stance against bigots and intolerant ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s or just encouraging them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiomun View Post
    There was a guild mate who was severely harassed by another player about 8 months back. She had screenshots of the igms, mail messages, and even the support responses.

Basically support told her that she should expect to get sexually harassed since she was a girl playing in a mostly male game world. Needless to say she quit the after that.

The offending player is still running his mouth on our server harassing other women even in open faction chat.

I don't remember the exact wording used by support, but I do clearly remember what this guild mate was told by support was beyond appalling, and the lack of action taken was disgusting.

If this type of harassment is truly a concern. Start actually banning offending players.
    Sounds like your female friend has a strong case for litigation
    Sailing Sultan, Master of the Deep
    Wanderer AKA Greenjello
    Naima/Kraken
    ._ _
    | | | ._
    | | |_| | ArcheAge Cannons Comparison (EN)
    | __|_| | ArcheAge Interactive Decor Guide
    |/ .__/ | Ionnu's Tradepack Calculator
    .\_/___/

RNGesus helps those who help themsel.... awe who am I kidding, he helps no one.

customer service is a ♥♥♥♥ whatever u report their answer will be:

Thanks for the report...... (whatever u report). We will be forwarding this along to the ArcheAge team. Future reports can also be posted on our forums, which can be found below:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/forum...hp?48-Hospital

These reports will be reviewed by the ArcheAge team. You will not hear directly back regarding any suggestion or bug, but keep an eye on our forums as all changes will be included in the patch notes.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing ArcheAge.

Your reference number for this ticket is xxxxx

Sincerely,

GM xxxxx

Trion Worlds Inc

AND ♥♥♥♥ IT ALL, THEN THEY MAKE UR REQUEST LIKE SOLVED AND BYE BYE!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast