+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: @Celestrata Trion's Delphinad Flaming Bastion Cloak Blunder

@Celestrata Trion's Delphinad Flaming Bastion Cloak Blunder

The Delphinad Flaming Bastion guild cloak for Critical Heal Rate/Bonus Healing was labeled incorrectly. Myself and several others had spent the 500 medals and all the other materials needed to craft this cloak expecting that it would give extra Healing Critical Rate as stated:

This however was not the case, as we found out that the cloak only gives Critical Bonus Healing.

Now the tooltip has been ninja patched to say:

With zero acknowledgment from Trion of their own mistake. It appears you guys are trying to cover this up and sweep things under the rug? 500 warrior medals is a big deal, and takes considerable time and effort to obtain, not to mention the other materials are also quite significant.

My question is this: Can you officially address the situation and rectify the misunderstandings that the translation error has caused, and refund the medals and materials? We believed we were getting a cloak with Critical Heal Rate on it...as stated by the tooltip. This was of no fault by the players but your mistake. Why should we have to bear the costs of your error? Also, Vitalism also already has a passive that gives +50% crit heal bonus, not to mention the obsidian club and healer obsidian gloves.. Players were only interested in the Critical Heal Rate the cloak was stated to have.

Looking forward to an official response please.

BUMP!!!

I am 50 medals away from this and hadn't noticed the change. Thanks for posting this.

Trion please acknowledge!

This was hardly the only cloak with a bugged description. Get in line, they aren't going to do anything. I tried multiple times to get my Flaming Hatchetblade cloak refunded, but they ignored it with a "Sorry, too bad so sad" line.

Edit> Also, this was hardly under the radar. There were multiple threads regarding bugged cloak descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Waysted View Post
    This was hardly the only cloak with a bugged description. Get in line, they aren't going to do anything. I tried multiple times to get my Flaming Hatchetblade cloak refunded, but they ignored it with a "Sorry, too bad so sad" line.

Edit> Also, this was hardly under the radar. There were multiple threads regarding bugged cloak descriptions.
    Right, so it's the players' responsibility to check on forums for an error that shouldn't even have been in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvainne View Post
    Right, so it's the players' responsibility to check on forums for an error that shouldn't even have been in the game?
    This is hardly the first time a translation has been completely wrong and fked players. Do you remember the original text for the Lake & Ocean 7 piece set bonuses. P E R C E N T A G E, so tons of people went for Lake figuring it was going to work just like Flame/Desert, NOPE. Refund for the lost resources expended there? None.

Be the first to walk down the path on something new and take the risks. There have been a ton of costly translations that Trion has consistently avoided discussing and swept under the rug. It's not the first and it won't be the last.

This is why you should never try to be the first person to get a new item... its usually jacked up
    Sailing Sultan, Master of the Deep
    Wanderer AKA Greenjello
    Naima/Kraken
    ._ _
    | | | ._
    | | |_| | ArcheAge Cannons Comparison (EN)
    | __|_| | ArcheAge Interactive Decor Guide
    |/ .__/ | Ionnu's Tradepack Calculator
    .\_/___/

RNGesus helps those who help themsel.... awe who am I kidding, he helps no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aserghui View Post
    This is why you should never try to be the first person to get a new item... its usually jacked up
    Indeed Trino has taught me not to be first in their games and let someone else find the bugs. Especially when it is expensive to find out. There have and it seems always will be massive bugs in this game.

It's sad but true. This is how Trion informs the player base (when they actually do).

Most of the time us players do a much better job at finding their bugs and informing Trion and the players about said bugs/issues.
    “We view any system that generates value, at a cost to customer happiness, as a broken system that we need to fix.”

Valve On In-Game Economy

Calim[Strike]Naima[/strike] Kraken East Support Archer

Link me the post where Trion informed us of their mistake...I haven't seen one.

There was not an official post by Trion, however Quillodon posted multiple times in posts about the cloaks that these are mistranslations, like this one: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...=1#post2026979
    Nhuo
    Stone Arrow
    Kadum East
    Semi-Inactive

Oh with regards to the cloaks, they haven't. Reading carefully you'll noticed the parenthesis part, they don't inform us very often and when they do it's usually cash shop related. Bugs related to.. well anything not tied to $$$ they don't care much about. I believe Quill did respond to some mis-translation saying it would be fixed but I don't think that was a cloak issue.

Again, don't get tricked or trapped. Don't go first.
    “We view any system that generates value, at a cost to customer happiness, as a broken system that we need to fix.”

Valve On In-Game Economy

Calim[Strike]Naima[/strike] Kraken East Support Archer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast