+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: @Celestrata Trion's Delphinad Flaming Bastion Cloak Blunder

Quote Originally Posted by Huo View Post
    There was not an official post by Trion, however Quillodon posted multiple times in posts about the cloaks that these are mistranslations, like this one: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...=1#post2026979
    That's not good enough from Trion. It just shows that they were aware of the problem but didn't care enough to warn players on live stream or at least make an official post about it. Like really? Having a GM reply post #43 on the 5th page of some thread...yeah everyone is going to see that.

Not only that, they tried to hide their error instead of taking responsibility and fixing the situation. No, they chose to ninja patch the tooltips without saying anything and telling players affected by THEIR mistake "too bad"... I guess by now we should have learnt this is how they treat paying customers. Good job Trion, don't be surprised as more and more people leave the game.

Any other gaming company would have refunded for THEIR mistake, do not expect the same from Trion. We are paying monthly subscriptions and spend a lot of money on the game's cash shop for them to hire professional translators, not to save that money for their pockets and use Google translate. Don't expect Celestrata to post here or even apologize for their mistake, because she will not. This the the type of company Trion is.

Love it you say you "got ♥♥♥♥ed" by getting a better stat instead of the one you thought you'd get.

Unless you make it first, someone else might be the one to discover the good bugs and report it so you don't get it. One might've been thinking that when reading the first page and posting a reply about it before going to get smokes.

Bai.

N.
    It is the great philosophical concept of trying to find a way beyond the horizon knowing full well you never actually will; the essence of a journey measured not by when but by why and how. Beyond that, I won't explain myself further. Those on the bus will understand, those who isn't will probably not. I'm good with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neth View Post
    Love it you say you "got ♥♥♥♥ed" by getting a better stat instead of the one you thought you'd get.

Unless you make it first, someone else might be the one to discover the good bugs and report it so you don't get it. One might've been thinking that when reading the first page and posting a reply about it before going to get smokes.

Bai.

N.
    Getting a better stat? What are you talking about? If you knew how to read, it's not hard to comprehend that the issue at hand is players making cloaks expecting it to have the stats STATED by the workbench tooltip, but it turned out the cloak did NOT even have that stat at all. Trion knew they screwed up but instead of helping their customers they chose to try cover it up and secretly changed the descriptions without saying anything.

Learn to read, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvainne View Post
    Getting a better stat? What are you talking about? If you knew how to read, it's not hard to comprehend that the issue at hand is players making cloaks expecting it to have the stats STATED by the workbench tooltip, but it turned out the cloak did NOT even have that stat at all. Trion knew they screwed up but instead of helping their customers they chose to try cover it up and secretly changed the descriptions without saying anything.

Learn to read, thank you.
    I think you're somewhat of a ♥♥♥♥ that problably has some form of vaguely (since I'd prefer to remain unbanned on the forums) stated .. "comprehension problem" yourself mate. You should learn to read at a level slightly higher than elementary school perhaps before trying to take on someone who knows what the hell he read, didn't feel the need to reiterate on the bug since it's there, for two pages already, people will know about it, (as you might/might not do, since again, comprehension-challenged people are likely to miss such things), and just wanted to let them know that in this case it's in their favor to have it happen.

Imagine you're expecting a candy bar and getting a box of them instead? Yeah, you get that one, right?

Now imagine someone steals it from you and throws a tiny, tiny piece of one of them in your eye.

N.
    It is the great philosophical concept of trying to find a way beyond the horizon knowing full well you never actually will; the essence of a journey measured not by when but by why and how. Beyond that, I won't explain myself further. Those on the bus will understand, those who isn't will probably not. I'm good with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neth View Post
    I think you're somewhat of a ♥♥♥♥ that problably has some form of vaguely (since I'd prefer to remain unbanned on the forums) stated .. "comprehension problem" yourself mate. You should learn to read at a level slightly higher than elementary school perhaps before trying to take on someone who knows what the hell he read, didn't feel the need to reiterate on the bug since it's there, for two pages already, people will know about it, (as you might/might not do, since again, comprehension-challenged people are likely to miss such things), and just wanted to let them know that in this case it's in their favor to have it happen.

Imagine you're expecting a candy bar and getting a box of them instead? Yeah, you get that one, right?

Now imagine someone steals it from you and throws a tiny, tiny piece of one of them in your eye.

N.
    Who's the ♥♥♥♥ here? (look in the mirror). You clearly said "Love it you say you "got ♥♥♥♥ed" by getting a better stat instead of the one you thought you'd get." The stated stat was completely missing from the actual cloak, there was no "better stat".

Maybe that was too hard for you to understand. Your "example" does not make any sense, and is completely irrelevant because you have missed the point of this thread entirely. But okay I will entertain you by using a candy analogy, perhaps that is more on your level.

You purchase a box of candy which advertises two flavours. You open it and oh dear, you discover there is only one flavour, the one nobody wants. Where was the other flavour that was promised? I hope this was simple enough for you. Elementary school? Try finishing kindergarten first, mate.

Your input not only was unhelpful and pointless, the example you attempted to explain was incoherent. Please stop embarrassing yourself.. go eat your candy and let the adults talk.

Even if they gave you back the 500 medals what other healing cloak would you get? Isn't this the only cloak with a healing stat?
    --Og

Quote Originally Posted by h3xd View Post
    Even if they gave you back the 500 medals what other healing cloak would you get? Isn't this the only cloak with a healing stat?
    There is another healing cloak for healers which gives a straight healing power increase, the Delphinad Bastion Cloak which costs 60k honor to make instead of warrior medals:

The cloak that required 500 medals and was supposed to increase critical heal rate was good for healers that wanted to crit more often, especially if you already have a lot of healing power. But it turns out it was just crit bonus, which is pretty much redundant since the Vitalism passive as well as obsidian gear already gives a lot of that. Therefore in light of this the healing power cloak would be the best choice.

Bumping this thread because this type of mistake warrants a statement from Trion regarding if they will or will not offer refunds for cloaks that were mistakenly made based on the prior tooltip.

I was actually planning on making that cloak as well until noticing that it was ninja patched to read differently.
    With 16% heal critical bonus at top tier (which only ends up being 8% added because math) it just doesn't add up very well against base heal power.

Even if somebody was in full Ayanad Life Cloth with a Greatclub, it's going to be hard for that meager 8% improvement to critical heal bonus to stack up against that raw heal bonus. it really needs to be closer to 12% (24 on the item) to be worthwhile.
    Jaguar
    Knights of Glory and Beer (KGB)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2