+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quality of life issues

Quality of life issues

OK I want to list some simple items that as a longtime player who loves the game (if not the handling of it) that I would have expected to see in game by now. I call them quality of life improvements that seem to be easy to implement but feel would improve my enjoyment of the game.

- Email
    - Surely we should have the ability to save a range of names that we use on a regular basis - having to type in - "konkooncreamofsumyounguygoingbat♥♥♥♥crazyonyouras s" every time is a simple waste of time.

- Storage
    - Why do we still have to auto arrange on every single entry to our storage? My wife would go bat♥♥♥♥ crazy is she played given her OCD, how hard can this be to fix?

- Porting locations in your books
    - I can actually memorize which page half my ♥♥♥♥ is on given how often we have to use this. Seriously we can sort this by now?

- Land tax
    - Given how complex other components of the game is surely I should be able to have a tab that shows me the location of my property, the tax that I pay on it and date that it is due? Damn even a calculator telling me what the tax on an additional property would look like or if I removed one.

- Mounts and pets
    - Yes its time to give me book or pouch or something to hold the 55 cash shop items my Trino gambling compulsions have made me buy.
    - Hey may as well add a "Wardobe" as well for all of my freshly pressed costumes.
    - Hell why you at it how about a random function that dresses me ever new login in one of them...

Getting more serious now
    - Upgrading calculator
    - If you continue to entice me to spend big bucks to upgrade the least you can do is explain to me how the hell it works and what the percentages of success are.

- Bound items
    - The latest changes and rewards have filled my bags with lots of crap that wont consolidate in to nice neat piles in my bags. Fix it so they stack or give me bag of "♥♥♥♥ stuff to hold" that lets me separately keep all this crap in order.

Last one for me.
    - Buff times
    - Why oh why given the 24 different buffs I need to use to be competitive and on a par with everyone else who is forced to use them do most of them last 30 minutes... There is no useful or valid reason for this and it just a damn annoyance and adds absolutely nothing to the game or my enjoyment of it.
    - Forget the economic impact - that solution is easy just double the mats to create but at least make the suckers last an hour. Doing library for 4 hours to constantly have to check if all 69 buffs are up and working or else you get one shotted or realising after pulling all 12 swamp monsters that you hit like wet rag because your buff just finished is just plain annoying.

I am sure you all have lots too so I look forward to adding to the list of "quality of life" upgrades for the game.

Hey I do love the game but when you spend more time arranging your inventory than you do killing ♥♥♥♥ it starts to get annoying.

well, extra book or additional speace in inventory dedicated for mounts and ships would be awesome.

- I can actually memorize which page half my ♥♥♥♥ is on given how often we have to use this. Seriously we can sort this by now?

^this was solved with a mod that has been confirmed as authorised

Quote Originally Posted by sobrien View Post

- Storage
    - Why do we still have to auto arrange on every single entry to our storage? My wife would go bat♥♥♥♥ crazy is she played given her OCD, how hard can this be to fix?
    The auto sort feature is what causes this. If you don't use it then the stuff will stay where you put it.
    Empty your chest and then put everything where you want it and never touch the auto sort button.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuzawa View Post

^this was solved with a mod that has been confirmed as authorised
    Which mod is that, and link proof of authorization. To my knowledge, the only one they said is legal is the FoV one. Not being snarky, I may have missed it in the sea of posts.

OT:
    I would give my eye teeth and a few other body parts for a bound material storage tab in my warehouse. If they're going to be bound, then we should have a nice place to put them that doesn't interfere with the rest of our inventory. Not asking for more slots, just a tab so we can quickly see which ones we have and which ones we need more of.
    Is anyone else sad to know that people will rant and rave about being banned when they know damn good and well they broke the rules? Sadder still is the energy consumption and the lengths they will go to so they can continue to break them... and the threads they post when they finally get caught.

Reddit Post for sorting mod. Has links to verification of it being legal to use.

Can we get XL games to increase the size of seed stacks and such to 1000? PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderstar View Post
    Can we get XL games to increase the size of seed stacks and such to 1000? PLEASE.
    +1 and for basic ingredients like mushrooms or giseng to 10k? That would really save so much space in my storage chests ><

Inventory
    Bags on my character (Inventory) that I would organize placement of Tradeskill items in one bag, weapons in another, potions in another, mounts/gliders in another, quest items in another, etc. THat'd knock out the 130item limit issue I have as well, if there were ~20-40 slot bags existed.

Item properties
    Not semi surprised that the game has a cap of only viewing one items properties at a time. This is just annoying. One should be able to compare two (or more) items side by side by clicking on their links, dragging boxes side by side and comparing, vs viewing one, at, a, time.

Chat system
    - a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee behind. Serverwide channels? Think serverwide class, skillset, tradeskills, general, HelpDesk/Support, dramaqueen, P2W, etc. Moderated channels (for those that create them), though this might be against the toxicity the game (N/A) caters to.

GUI (Interface)
    I am not a fan of the group/raid windows; I should be able to drag/minimize xx number of peoples names off my interface, or at least MINIMIZE the raid character window (it does take up a nice amount of my of the games viewing real estate), ie if you are playing as dps, viewing others health bars has of little value. I prefer barebones type UIs, with minimizeable /guild /group /raid /trade etc windows neatly placed around the interface to prevent having to click on tabs of windows. Even nicer if the game would remember window/chat configuration.
    Lamini
    [strike]Lucius[/strike] Nazar (NA)
    <Hardcore Casual>

Don't really understand or see how knowing the upgrade percentages is going to change anything for you. The percent chance of a successful upgrade is bad, and the chance of item destruction is possible.

Doesn't make sense to go through upgrading if you aren't prepared for the losses.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast