View Poll Results: How fast is fast enough for our cars?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • 30 m/s top speed is fast enough

16 17.39%
  • Upgrading to 32 m/s top speed is reasonable

20 21.74%
  • Give us back our cars

56 60.87%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Car v2.0 speed

Car v2.0 speed

Any word on the speed increase on the car upgrade coming in November? Last I heard it was a ridiculously small increase and watching the live stream did not show me any different. Please tell me logic will actually be used in the final version.

To recap:
    1. I and many other players are still pissed about the car nerf.
    2. Car v2.0 only going 2 m/s faster is ridiculous.
    3. Leaving the explaination for this as "rendering issues" is and always was an insult to our intelligence.

Cars should go faster than they are because of their high cost (I quote Khrolan in friday's livestream "that's no cheap indeavor. cars are quite costly to make in-game... alot of resources.") I would love to go into more detail about the community backlash that occurred over the nerf but that was extremely well documented in the massive threads that outlined everything against the nerf when it happened.

When the nerf first became news, we as a community presented thorough and logical arguements as to why the nerf was unnecessary and ridiculous. The logic that we as a unified community gave you was promptly thrown away in favor of "because we said so". Please tell me that you will finally listen and give us our cars back.
    Never assume you are smarter, tougher, richer, or in any way better than someone you have never met.

2 m/s on flat land is not bad,in real world logic car goes from 60hp to 72hp so there is no reason to give cars uber speeds. I think 18-19M/S SLOPE 34-35 is enough.As myself have a car i reallyy want this update and + 2m/s im ok with that.

Also Rendering issue starts with 50m/s

Quote Originally Posted by Streamroller View Post
    2 m/s on flat land is not bad,in real world logic car goes from 60hp to 72hp so there is no reason to give cars uber speeds. I think 18-19M/S SLOPE 34-35 is enough.As myself have a car i reallyy want this update and + 2m/s im ok with that.

Also Rendering issue starts with 50m/s
    It's not 30 to 32 max speed. It's 15 to 17 on flat land. Cars are going from "sort of catchable" to "nearly uncatchable".

Also a car going over 40mps is uncontrollable. You turn and flip the car half the time. Not to mention there was no area in the game where 30mps+ was a feasible advantage. It was always safer to run at 20mps so you wouldn't flip. It's also not even possible to go 35mps in any route without the car bug anyway.

cogwheel Longboard+trade pack = 15m/s in flat land
    Cars = 15 m/s in flat land
    1 (or 0,5) horse power = 60 horse power. Nice work xlgames and Trion

I think you are missing a pick. I think the top speed is fine, what I'd like to see is that 'sustain/average' speed changed from 15 to 20.

anyone link yesterday stream like 1.30.00 min where they start to talk about cars ?

Retired from Eanna [Hasla, Lutesong, Rokhala island]
    Quote Originally Posted by Streamroller View Post
    anyone link yesterday stream like 1.30.00 min where they start to talk about cars ?
    Friday 30th livestream 1:30:00
    Moly Prim
    Member of Prim Clan
    -
    In honor and memory of Quillodon. Thiol's child, God of Yata, Heavenly Protector of explorers, Keeper of the hidden library and Erenor's story

Meanwhile mods can no-clip around the map at 50x speed without rendering issues, live on stream. We know this game is ♥♥♥♥ed yet continue to play..
    -NA Calleil

Notice no mention of actual speed increase, just the fact it can be crested. Amery talks about it being fast only because she hasn't driven a car before. I suspect no changes to speed at all with this upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyStargazer View Post
    Notice no mention of actual speed increase, just the fact it can be crested. Amery talks about it being fast only because she hasn't driven a car before. I suspect no changes to speed at all with this upgrade.
    No you can see the speed when shes on a flat plane. It's 17 for red/blue and 16 for yellow now. 2mps faster on flat planes for all cars is the upgrade. Trion employees have no idea what they're talking about. Please note this is EXACTLY how the korean car upgrade works. We aren't being shafted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast