+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: A few reminders on November and Time Zones

1.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar

A few reminders on November and Time Zones

Greetings Adventurers!

November is here! The leaves are turning and the weather is turning cold, but this time of year also means a few more important things for intrepid adventurers like yourselves! Just a few reminders...

The November login tracker is here!

Now that it's November, the Login Tracker has been updated to give away Archeum instead of candy. While the art on the login tracker hasn't changed over yet, don't be surprised to find Archeum handed to you instead of the prior Hallowtide treats!

This month's logins will also earn you some very important new prizes -- attendance badges! Keep logging in on a regular basis and collect these badges to eventually unlock the Stone Golem mount!

Time Zone Changes -- ArcheAge is GMT!

Recently, thanks to the time shifts in EU and NA, we've gotten a few posts from community members stating that the server time hasn't adjusted. That isn't a bug, actually, because ArcheAge's server time runs on GMT, not on local timezones.

GMT does not change due to daylight savings, but your local timezone may. If you have recently changed your clocks, remember to adjust the times the daily events take place by the same amount.

For more information as to why ArcheAge works like this, visit this post.

To sum it up:

Trion hates America

Wait, so the mech is attached to the attendance tokens.... *twitch* but... but... *sigh* Fine. Guess I have to drop in more then I was planning on in January.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Stone Golem mount? Let me guess... 9m/s? Why is Trion ignoring threads about the Griffin Speed?

Retired from Eanna [Hasla, Lutesong, Rokhala island]
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyd View Post
    Stone Golem mount? Let me guess... 9m/s? Why is Trion ignoring threads about the Griffin Speed?
    I was about to say that Golem mount should be 10m/s but Griffins are 10.5m/s in KR version... So perhaps golem mount won't get its 10m/s after all
    Moly Prim
    Member of Prim Clan
    -
    In honor and memory of Quillodon. Thiol's child, God of Yata, Heavenly Protector of explorers, Keeper of the hidden library and Erenor's story

Just means that people who work no matter what time zone don't get to participate in any events.

Abysal - 4pm est
    Mistmarrow - 5:15
    halcyona - 6:00
    Luscas i think they are 5ish

So bascially oh well it was extremely tough on anyone west of eastern timezone or europe. Now its equally not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Moly View Post
    I was about to say that Golem mount should be 10m/s but Griffins are 10.5m/s in KR version... So perhaps golem mount won't get its 10m/s after all
    Depending on the skill set, I have to question it having a base speed of higher then 10 m/s to begin with.

Owning that thing should not be about speed.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Trion... Not moving the event times to be at prime time is a foolish business move on your part.

Let's take a look at it... Most players work between 7am-6pm respective to their timezone...
    4 time zones in the continental U.S.
    Events starting prior to 8 pm EST excludes a lot of players...
    AA and MM are the first events in the cycle they currently start around 3 to 4 est if I'm not mistaken... So at this time out pst friends are just going to lunch. Est is the only timezone that gets to attempt at making all events, on a regular business day... Admittedly it's nice the est finally gets some love...

So to get in all events players would have to leave work early... (Not make real money) to try to make gold (make not real money).

If players don't make real money... They can not give said money to trion. This may also lead to someone being fired for leaving early too often, in which those players will have no money to spend on trion.

So... Event timings not being changed to more prime time... Translates to less money for trion

Now... You may be like "Deuces" your crazy who's going to leave work early for a game.

Yes it sounds crazy but well... Sadly some will, just to do the events...

I also have a riddle:
    If there is a game which revolves around events, and if those events are scheduled so most players cannot do them... How many players will continue to play that game?

Retired from Eanna [Hasla, Lutesong, Rokhala island]
    Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    Depending on the skill set, I have to question it having a base speed of higher then 10 m/s to begin with.

Owning that thing should not be about speed.
    Moly Prim
    Member of Prim Clan
    -
    In honor and memory of Quillodon. Thiol's child, God of Yata, Heavenly Protector of explorers, Keeper of the hidden library and Erenor's story

OK --Archeage itself OFFICIALLY runs on GMT - Greenwich Mean Time..sensible, very sensible So..here's a suggestion..ALL events on archeage that are time sensitive should be announced as GMT time..none of this 8AM PDT/CST , whatever. As you said..GMT is world standard time..let the (supposedly intelligent) players work out the event timings to their own specific time zones. Then there'll be less ♥♥♥♥♥ing that "Ohh..such and such an event was due to finish at 12 PM PDT..yet it finished an hour early..Comprnsation, compensation !" If the players themselves calculate the time wrong themselves..well, it's their fault, not Trions..

And, as far as folks in different US time zones complaining.."Ohh..I work on opposite side of US..I can't take part in such and such a competition because I'm working/sleeping /at school...Grow Up ! That's life ! Believe it or not, ( I know this is hard for many of you) there are MANY players OUTSIDE the US that play Archeage , and use the North American servers. We have to put up with International Time Zones, as well as local and US daylight Savings time, etc. We cope with this..and don't ♥♥♥♥♥ and whine over it..it's just a fact of life that we adjust to in order to play Archeage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast